Welcome to all smokers!

Created out of my passionate hatred for bigoted non-smokers who can't help themselves but go on an arrogant tirade about the evils of smoking every time they encounter a smoker, this is a place where lovers of tobacco can gather without prejudice.
Venomous
Site Admin

Welcome to all smokers!

Post by Venomous » Wed May 04, 2005 7:22 pm

Today I was browsing through another forum, and I had the great displeasure of seeing a young lady off-handedly mention that she was going to spend her day at home, smoking cigarettes, petting her cat, and playing computer games.

This was displeasing, not because of her post, but because of the dozen or so ignorant self-righteous shitheads who felt the need to preach to her about the evils of smoking and how wrong and bad and terrible it is - which, I might add, is grossly off-topic for that forum, being that it was a computer gaming forum and the smoking was just a side comment of the thread starter.

It's just a typical sign of today's society, I think. Over the last ten to twenty years or so, we've gone from a world where cigarette ads were on every bus stop and billboard, to a world where if you're seen in public with a lit cigarette, people look at you like you just whipped your dick out and started waving it at people.

The government has slowly eradicated our freedom to smoke, making it illegal in restaurants, shopping malls, movie theatres, and now even many bars and clubs. It's only a matter of time until smoking in public is banned outright, and from there, only a small step to criminalize tobacco completely. A lovely assfucking from the government who got my generation and my parents' generation hooked with their multi-billion dollar ad campaigns, and now they treat us like lepers and criminals for enjoying what they once told us we had to enjoy.

But that's not the point. The point is, while I'm sure it's a good thing that kids these days seem to have much more anti-smoking mindset than kids back in my day, I'm sick and fucking tired of idiot forum trolls with the spelling, grammatical and linguistic skills of a six year old child, tell me that I'm disgusting for choosing to smoke and reminding me that it's soooo bad for me.

Is it hypocritical of me to defend my right to my choice to smoke cigarettes, but condemn these people's right to voice their opinions about it? I guess it is. Well, fuck it. I hope they all spontaneously combust.

The next person that expresses or implies that I am unpleasant, disgusting, self-destructive, or in any way less of a human being because I choose to occasionally partake in the smoking of tobacco is going to get my boot up their linguistically challenged ass.

But I digress - I might post this as an article instead. Suffice to say, this forum is a place where smokers of all races, creeds, religions and classes can gather and discuss whatever they like - and anybody posting a thing about the evils of smoking or anything negative about tobacco will be banned on sight.

I repeat, to be clear:- This section of the board is a SMOKER'S FORUM. If you are a non-smoker, your opinions are not welcome in this area. If you are of an anti-smoking opinion, you are not welcome in this area. If you are an uneducated bigoted asshole who feels the need to write preachy posts about the evils of tobacco every time you see somebody admit to being a smoker in a forum, then FUCK OFF.

Now, who feels like a smoke? {puff} =)
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Sat May 07, 2005 5:22 pm

you are a smoker? sorry. I can't chat w/ smokers. <takes a drag of a marlboro> ya know, smoking is bad for you. <another drag> how many 10-13 year old kids might be reading this. j/k. I just thought that might sound familiar. I am also a smoker and yes, hearing people preach about cigarettes is downright maddening. I know it's bad for my health but so is the stress I'm under when I don't!

How are you doing? Thought I'd post here first. I got your message this morning. Do you have any idea what it takes to make me smile at 8:00 in the morning? It's tough, yet you managed. Here ya go! There's a smoke on me.

If you go to my site there is actually a warning about inappropriate content, but 'tis basically to keep the obnoxious little trolls from the main pages out so I don't have to do much moderating, but then again it probaly serves more as an invitation to them to come wreck my party. So what if there is nobody there but me, it can still be a party....can't it? hmmm...I'll have to think on that one.

Hope to hear from you soon
Always Dancing in the Shadows.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun May 08, 2005 5:30 am

Eight in the morning?! Like, 8am?! Shit, only time I see that on the clock is when I'm having trouble falling asleep! =P

Hmm, good point about the disclaimer. That's pretty much why I put my disclaimers up - they really do make the site sound a lot worse than it is, which is probably going to encourage pesky n00b kids to come and troll around looking for the free hardc0re pr0n... but hopefully they'll get to the main page and go "What the hell is this crap?" - or, more likely, "y0 wtf iz diz sh1t man LOL :):):)" - and leave before they befoul my forums. =)

Man, I wanted to throttle that fucking kid on The Sims 2 board the other day... about five of us, including the thread starter, commented on how well cigarettes and The Sims complemented eachother, and this idiot kid is all like "Man, smoking should be banned, doesn't everybody agree people?" (except without any words spelt correctly and without any capitalization or punctuation, of course!)... needless to say, nobody agreed - at least publically. Although I did offer my vehement opinion in turn that some people should just mind their own fucking business. I'm surprised I didn't get banned, or at least post deleted, for that. I didn't even TRY to keep my reply "on topic", I just had a point to make.

Anyways, welcome to the site Kris, and welcome to the Smokers Lounge as well. {passes you the ashtray} Make yourself at home m'dear. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Sun May 08, 2005 6:59 am

8 in the morning yes. It is 1:13 am now. I actually woke up at 3:30 yesterday morning! After going to bed at midnite or 1 o'clock or so. I sleep sporadically. Maybe 2 or 3 hours at a time a couple times a day, then after a few days it all catches up with me and I'll sleep a good 8 to 10 hours or so. I don't do that when I'm working though. When I work I sleep 5 hours at night and longer on weekends. My problem is that I'm a night owl. This time of night is actually my favorite time of day! Everything is quiet and the phone is not ringing <glares at phone>.

I could tell in that post you were getting pretty irate about the smoking thing. That's about the time I realized who was posting. I actually had a good laugh over it, especially when you brought up her spelling skills. I don't think she posted anymore after that did she? I don't blame her, I think I'd keep that bad spelling under lock and key myself. Everybody misspells something occasionally and some words are just confusing and of course typos, but my word that child needed a hooked on phonics program or something.

I ran into one the other day that just really irritated me. I don't flag for cursing, but I did this time because the girl couldn't even spell what she was saying. The whole post was so misspelled it agitated me to read it. It was about an upload that was just as bad as her spelling. Not something I would normally do, but the spelling got the better of me. I'm reading back over this thinking that sounded really bad....but really, you just would have to have seen it. The tone of the post was a bit overboard as well.

I'm cringing because I'm off topic. LOL! The boards are really bad tonight. I've checked in a few times but weekends, in my opinion, are not a good time to be there anyway. So I'm here ranting because you told me I could! My game is glitchy and I just really don't feel like doing work-a-rounds at the moment. A really funny glitch happened and I tried to post it in an album, but the pics won't show up on the board. 3 tries and I keep getting the same thing. It's one of those things where words just do not do it justice. So, I think I'll just go to bed now and sleep for a while. As soon as I finish this smoke! <borrows ashtray>

I have something to say about neil diamond also, but I'll save it for a later post <leaves suspense lingering in the air along with the cigarette smoke> Actually it's nothing major, but I have got to get some sleep.

See ya around!

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Sun May 08, 2005 7:19 am

ok...i'm here again but I got that message and when I did a print screen my system locked up. So I'm going to post again and just copy and paste the message into an email. Of course you'll figure that out when you get the e-mail. :b (That is the first time I have done that in ages! The emoticon is what I'm talking about. Not locking up my computer. ) I am going to try this again. (lights another smoke)

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun May 08, 2005 9:19 am

U R BANNDED 4 UR OFF TOPIK POSTINGZ!!!!!!!!!11

{laughs}

Really gets under your skin, doesn't it? You play on forums/boards long enough, and it becomes second nature to look over your shoulder all the time in case somebody's going to come down on you for breaking some stupid rule or swaying slightly away from the immediate topic at hand. You'd think the internet was a police state or something!

I certainly don't blame you for chain smoking after the day you've had! You need to take tomorrow off work and treat yourself to a massage and a movie. Me, I'm on strike today. I'm downloading like 15 episodes of Law & Order and I'm going to sit on my ass and play Playboy Mansion until they've completed. I'm just having a "Screw you, world!" kind of day, you know? And I haven't even got a reason for it like you do - I just woke up today not in the mood for it. =P

Good call with flagging another spelling criminal. I love it when you can actually use a board's overzealous rule system in your favor. I mean, how many times do you find a forum where it says in the rules, "If you type your posts like a retarded monkey on crack, you will be banned!"? But at least we have those golden moments when somebody will actually break another board rule that we don't really care about, and we can flag them "for that", and get another illiterate assmonkey off our virtual streets. Cleaning up the internet, one moron at a time. It's a nasty job, but somebody's gotta do it. >=)

Get some sleep hon. Sounds like you need it after the day you've had! I'll take first watch here in case we're ambushed by fourteen year olds without spell checkers while you're out. =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

I can't take the ban seriously until you learn how to spell!

Post by Mythic » Sun May 08, 2005 11:33 pm

Very funny title there! I'm glad you appreciated my attempt to keep someone's broken fingers off the keyboard for a bit! Did it do anygood? I don't know, I never went back and checked, and can't remember the user name to save my life.

I had a very long sleep and am not feeling cranky today and am ready to tackle any problem my computer throws my way and work-a-round all the game glitches! Marsha Bruenig, here I come, you'd better hide. That brings to mind another funny story about a download that I will tell you one day. Don't you hate it when I do that? hehe.

Talk again soon.

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Mon May 09, 2005 4:05 am

Because this is where we've been posting to ea. other, I'm going to use this forum to direct your attention to one of your other forums, in case you don't look for me there. I'm going to comment on neil diamond. So look up there.

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Mon May 09, 2005 3:24 pm

That must be one heck of a rant you are working on! That's been a few hours ago! Told you I wouldn't sleep long. It's 10 a.m. I think I ended up sleeping exactly two hours. And I woke myself up, my dog didn't even have to do it.

Hey, I know what the wait is about. You are getting me back for leaving you hanging! Sorry, won't change anything =P. hehe.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue May 10, 2005 6:29 am

You know, I was going to have a go at you for making a post to direct my attention to another post on my board, like I'm some idiot that wouldn't even notice when his forum gets updated when I only have one active user... but then, I realised, I actually didn't! I saw the post count at one on the forum index, and I thought it was something I posted. Some webmaster/forum administrator I am eh? =P

Anyways yeah, have replied there {directs your attention back to the other thread}. =P

I'm trying to not smoke through this week. I've been plowing through the sticks lately, and I don't wanna end up back at a pack and a half a day like I used to, I just can't afford that at the moment. So I'm a weekend smoker, and it's good. Easier on the wallet, and good for my self-esteem too - feels good to remind myself that I'm still not actually addicted, and that I can take or leave them as I please!

Although, I do have days where I catch myself thinking, "Man, sure could go a smoke right about now.." =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Tue May 10, 2005 7:00 am

ok then..I'll not offer anymore virtual smokes until next weekend. I'll just keep count.

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Tue May 10, 2005 7:04 am

I just realized that I think we might actually have been on here, or are on here at the same time. I just woke up and checked my e-mail and saw there was a post here! hmmm...I'll have to go back and check all of the times.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue May 10, 2005 7:14 am

Yeah, we are... I realised it about an hour ago. =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Dude, word...

Post by Tyranny » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:08 pm

I mean, you know how tolerant and considerate of others I am when it comes to smoking out in public. I dodge blowing smoke at children as much as possible too. Mind you, when it comes to a guy going "Y'know they're bad for you!" I see red. (Lovely visceral images of pushing a lit cigarette through their eye socket comes to mind...)

Mind you, I usually take Denis Leary's approach to it: "Nooo, really? I thought they had vitamin C in 'em and stuff!"

Ohhhhhh, the phasing out of smoking in public venues and pubs and shit: wanna wring their fucking necks for that one. I mean, we're the fucking majority, people! Your economy sits on our shoulders and blackened lungs, fuck you very much! If they didn't keep jacking up the tax on tobacco products they couldn't have hiked up their self-alotted salaries. Power-mongering, money-grubbing motherfuck cocksuck pricks... after all we've done for them!

God... I really want a cigarette now...

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:35 pm

Tell me about it. Even in the last ten years or so since I started smoking, cigarette prices have increased drastically... I can't imagine what it would be like for the previous generation, having once paid less than half what they have to today for a pack of smokes...

The whole thing baffles and sickens me, though. I mean, completely aside from the blatant infringements on our personal choice and freedoms - if I want to smoke, knowing full well the health risks, then whose fucking business is it besides mine?! - but as you said, considering the prices, and hefty taxes, on cigarettes these days, and the number of smokers, what is it going to do to our economy to ban smoking almost outright, as they appear to be trying to do? It only means that they're going to jack up the prices/taxes on everything else to compensate. And besides, with it only being a matter of time until cigarettes are all but illegal anyway, it's just going to open up a whole new world of black market tobacco sales anyway... you think millions of people who have been smoking their whole lives are just going to roll over and say "Can't smoke anymore? Oh well, I quit then!"... =P

Fucking governments interfering with our choices and freedoms, damn...

What's that saying... Quitters never win, and winners never quit! =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy