WTF 0_O electronic cigerettes

Created out of my passionate hatred for bigoted non-smokers who can't help themselves but go on an arrogant tirade about the evils of smoking every time they encounter a smoker, this is a place where lovers of tobacco can gather without prejudice.
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

WTF 0_O electronic cigerettes

Post by seajayjay » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 pm

http://www.blucigs.com/howitworks.php

Just watch it. It's interesting alright now i'm wondering if there gonna make electronic sex to go along with it, oh wait i think thats been done already hahaha.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:37 pm

I've seen these before, in another brand. Obviously they're becoming popular. I'd be really curious to try one but they're not cheap.
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:50 am

oh btw, I smoke not much though. I really don't like the taste but, the nicotine rush/high is worth it. I hit like a blunt in way i exhale first then take a big inhale of cigarette i can get a rush in one to three hits, a whole cig makes it last longer. I don't do it often though every once in a while i have never coughed smoking even my first time wich i thought was weird but, i was told it depends on the person. The electronic cigarettes look interesting and I too am curious as well .

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:59 am

Yeah, I didn't cough the first time I smoked either. And my first ciggy was a nasty harsh brand too, one I'd never smoke now. I guess it does depend on the person...
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Desslok

Post by Desslok » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Late reply. Very late.

I've seen ads for these on some of the lamer TV channels. Recently the electronic cig ads have been supplanting the "incontinence supplies direct to your door" ads. (For the most part, the hilarity of those incontinence ads was the only reason I watched those channels. I'm going to be quoted out of context, aren't I.)

The idea is that they make the big money by selling you the "water" refills. The water is heated and evaporates into a really hot little bubble of steam which you suck in. I'm not sure that a scorched trachea is better than whatever cigarettes are claimed to do, but whatever. Also, from what I've heard they sneak enough nicotine into the water to keep you hooked and buying their "water".

The point is that they're on the trashy/retro channels and are considered equivalent to incontinence ads by the ad purchasers for the station.

So basically it's just like smoking, except that the cool kids aren't doing it, it's the incontinent people who watch weird TV who do it.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:03 am

Even later reply. Sorry you'll never get to see this Desslok, you did good by posting here and we rewarded you by ignoring you until after your account was deleted for inactivity. Aren't we a swell bunch.

I've quit smoking now, and I never did try those e-cigs. I don't know what they contain but it wouldn't surprise me to hear they contained plenty of nicotine - they've got to keep you smoking them, and what's the point if you're not addicted?

Mythic smokes these now, or at least she did. Kristi, could you please post your experiences with these here for us?
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:33 pm

electric cigarettes are like toys for kids they aren't strong enough, i know this cause real cigarettes get me nicotine high and taste very horrible.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:04 pm

I wonder if Mythic will ever come back to SocDev and tell us about those e-cigs.

Me, I've become a bit of a weekend/social smoker. Nothing to brag about though. I should have stayed quit, but damnit, I love cigarettes! It's fucking hard not to want to spark up a stick when you're ten cans down on a Friday night and the Led Zeppelin is pumping and the lights are dim, and all your friends are still smoking away as if they weren't going to spit up blood the next day... fark.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:25 am

Guess what! There is talk of making eCigs illeage (banning them). I think maybe in the UK. sounds like a load of ballocks to me.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 am

I'm glad you clarified "banning them" because "illeage" is not a word. =)

But wtf? Banning e-cigs? That is FUCKED. Why don't they just ban nicotine gum and patches and all that as well and then EVERYBODY can just smoke again and revel in the joys of cancer! =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:38 pm

It makes perfect sense if you ask me. Electronic cigarettes can still be harmful and addictive. And with the increased resistance towards smoking in recent years, it's a natural course of action.

Still, why would anyone smoke at all? What do you gain from that, other than cancer?

A couple of years ago, I interned at a construction company where most employees smoked. One day we were working at a new floor that needed re-bar to be placed, and we took a break occasionally. So we were standing outside with the four of us, all smoking except for me, and one of these guys asked me if I wanted a cigarette. I declined. This man hinted that the fact they were all smoking is a good incentive for non-smokers to start smoking too.

If there's one thing I don't like, it's this sheep-mentality. ''We're all doing it, you should join us.'' Fuck you. I might be wrong, but I feel that is the primary reason anyone starts smoking in the first place. Clearly, being part of a group is more important to people than maintaining their health, because everyone knowns cigarettes are won't do your body any good.

Tyranny
Attention Seeker

Post by Tyranny » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:59 pm

I smoke 'em. mine are nicotine-free for now though. the company I go through is looking at the nicotine varieties soon enough but I reckon I won't need them. I hardly have time to smoke any more with my kids and whatnot so having one of these fulfills the oral fixation for me. I don't have to go outside and there's no way to kill my kids with them.

smoking one right now, actually. tastes like a marlboro red.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Well bless my balls and bugger my bunghole... if it isn't my old pal T-dawg! =) What happened T, you finally get that nasty email about inactive account deletion? Or are there ice crystals on the lava pits in Hell? =)

Looks like I might be quitting in the new year. Just found out tonight. My buddy Daniel's going to quit, and he was my last holdout. My housemates don't smoke, nobody in my family smokes anymore, and most of my friends have quit. If Daniel quits, I won't have any excuses left. Probably do my wallet some good anyway. I could use the dosh...
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny
Attention Seeker

Post by Tyranny » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:24 pm

yeah, tell me about it. long time no rant, man. I just don't quite seem to have it in me any more. and yeah, I've not been smoking that much myself. yesterday for example I went all day without even thinking about smoking. I love to do so, though. I have more trouble giving up the action than the substance, it seems.

it's getting way too expensive for all of us. which is why I went to e-cigs. much cheaper.

hope you're keeping well, Sir. it was the notifications of spam-generating motherfuckers that caught my attention.

desikitteh
Ven's P.A.

Post by desikitteh » Thu May 29, 2014 9:39 am

well the latest news on this is that e-cigs might be more harmful. which kinda sucks. i know they can be less harmful for anyone around the smoker... but it might not be so good for us.

pity.
Suck it up, BUTTERCUP!