*refuses to dust*

Created out of my passionate hatred for bigoted non-smokers who can't help themselves but go on an arrogant tirade about the evils of smoking every time they encounter a smoker, this is a place where lovers of tobacco can gather without prejudice.
Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:53 pm

They are also good at making you feel like you are about 12. I've made my own living for years just to find myself back here again and suddenly lI feel less like an adult than a pre-teen. It's not a good feeling really.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:29 pm

I wish I was 12 again. If I could do high school again knowing what I do now, my teenage years would have been SO much more fun... >=P
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:44 pm

I should be happy my family is taking care of me, but I would love so much to have my own place again, my computer hooked up to DSL and some privacy and my dog of course. There are more rules here than in highschool. I have to clean my room and make my bed everyday, do not smoke in the house, no pets in the house, no cigarette butts in the yard, watch how much chocolate milk you drink, no food or drinks upstairs unless in containers with lids...oh, and then there is the fact that I'm sleeping in the room that belonged to my step brother and the very same one that he was in when he decided to see what a 12 gauge shotgun shell tasted like. Same bedstead even. I share the room with all of his collections and that sort of thing. It doens't feel like my own space. In truth I am glad to have a place to stay and am very thankful that my parents have let me stay and are being so nice to me ( in spite of the rules) but as this board is about ranting and saying what you want and what you really feel I choose to complain here.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:08 am

Yeah, you know it babe, so stop trying to justify it to us and yourself all the time!!

Granted, my mother would take me in again too if it were a choice between that and a cardboard box under a bridge, but it would be hell to live with her again - for both of us. And without going into detail as to why, I can say that by your above description Kris, living with my mother would probably be like summer camp compared to where you are.

Stop trying to rationalize your desire to complain. You don't need a way around your guilt - we as people have the inborn God-given right to whine when things don't go our way, so cut out all this "oh but I really am grateful!" crap, save that for family dinners or when you need money. You don't have to convince us that living with your mommy is at least better than eating half-chewed Big Macs out of trash cans and smoking other people's discarded butts, so just cut loose and get it off your chest how much it stinks besides. I mean fuck, you're over 30 and your mommy makes you clean your room and make your bed every day? That's a good enough reason to bitch as I can think of. Sounds to me like your folks are obsessed psychotic control freaks with OCD, and that you're in boot camp there. Did they make you get a buzzcut and issue you a new set of regulation boots when you moved in? =P

Anyway, that's my 2c worth on the issue. I know you're grateful they've taken you in, it sure beats putting up with Donald's shit or living in the streets, but damn, I'd give myself five days in that environment before I cracked and went rooftop sniper on the tallest building in town (which, in that town, is probably one of your neighbors who has a two-storey house - or do they not even have those in Redneckville? =P)....
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:04 am

I couldn't really add much more to that if I tried. As V says it's our God-given right to whine, such as it is to tote firearms.When one doesn't work, we can always resort to the other. :twisted:

I hope things are bearable for you, Kris. I wanted to go Columbine on everyone in sight when I lived with my then-schiz dad and fucking annoying brother for 4 months (the reason I lasted that long was because I spent most of my time out of that house)... mind you, when I lived with my mother again we were housemates and she didn't put as much pressure on me as when I was living under *her* roof. Maybe my mum's just cool. *shrug* What'd you think of my mum, V? She's pretty neat, hmm?

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:51 am

You know my thoughts on your old lady T. She's as mad as a hatter, but in a good way. =) She's pretty much just an older identical twin of you - she's completely nuts, but you can't help but love her. =P

As for our God given right to bear arms T., how can you even say that in front of all these people knowing full well that our right to bear arms in this country has been dictated to us by an oppressive and privacy invading government? You know Kristi and Zoltan both own at least one handgun, possibly more since I last checked. How many guns do we own, T? Oh that's right, NONE, because our government has decided that they know what's best for us, and made it ILLEGAL to own firearms. Yay. =|

{mutterssohelpmegodifihadagunrightnowidshooteverylastpoliticianmutters} =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:32 pm

Venomous wrote:As for our God given right to bear arms T., how can you even say that in front of all these people knowing full well that our right to bear arms in this country has been dictated to us by an oppressive and privacy invading government?
Because I'm a bitch. :twisted:
Venomous wrote:You know Kristi and Zoltan both own at least one handgun, possibly more since I last checked. How many guns do we own, T? Oh that's right, NONE, because our government has decided that they know what's best for us, and made it ILLEGAL to own firearms. Yay. =|

{mutterssohelpmegodifihadagunrightnowidshooteverylastpoliticianmutters} =P
It's not illegal to own firearms here, it's illegal to own certain firearms without all the proper paperwork, "qualifications" (what qualifications you need to squeeze a trigger and allow for kick is beyond me...) and storage necessities.

Then there are things like semi-autos and full autos that we're just not allowed to have, which is fair enough, they're so *boring*... (gimme a 12-guage double-barreled sawnoff rifle *any* day...) What was I saying? I got distracted by guns. *shrug* Ah well, couldn't have been too important. :P

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:59 pm

Tyranny wrote:It's not illegal to own firearms here, it's illegal to own certain firearms without all the proper paperwork, "qualifications" (what qualifications you need to squeeze a trigger and allow for kick is beyond me...) and storage necessities.
Well, actually, it's illegal to own ANY firearm (or, in fact, any "dangerous" weapon) without the aforementioned paperwork, "qualifications" (by which I assume you mean a shooter's license, which unless I'm misinformed is fairly hard to get unless you can prove a need to shoot a gun, such as you're a farmer and you need to shoot what few pest animals are not already a protected species, or you shoot competitively), storage necessities (which, for international readers, means a locked safe which is either too heavy for one person to lift, or hard bolted to the floor, for the firearm, and a seperate equally secure enclosure for ammunition).

Even if those requirements are met, it is still outright illegal for a civilian in this country to own or fire a handgun, semi-automatic or automatic firearm, or of course any heavy artillery like rocket launchers or flamethrowers. >=) Which leaves shotguns, single-shot rifles, or... not much else, and that's IF you have a shooter's license and meet all those stringest requirements.

So, when I generalised and said it's illegal to own firearms here, I think I wasn't so far off the mark for it to be considered an incorrect statement. >=)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:50 am

Bah, a shotgun's all anyone needs anyway. I remember the rebate we had those years back, my best friend and her family got to keep all their guns, and they were in the suburbs. Mind you, they were all locked up securely at all times, ammo kept separate, yada yada yada. The mother kept the key for the chest around her neck on a string. I can't remember why they were alllowed to keep all their guns though. *shrug*

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:48 am

We were told to hand over my old man's Winchester rifle for rebate, or have the firing pin filed off if we wanted to keep it as an ornamental wall piece.

We ended up choosing.. err.. option C.. we have contacts to look after such things for us. =)

Still, I want that damn gun back one day, it's my inheritance, damnit! =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:46 pm

Venomous wrote:We were told to hand over my old man's Winchester rifle for rebate, or have the firing pin filed off if we wanted to keep it as an ornamental wall piece.

We ended up choosing.. err.. option C.. we have contacts to look after such things for us. =)

Still, I want that damn gun back one day, it's my inheritance, damnit! =P
Oooh, ouch. I think that's how my best friend and her family got to keep their shotguns. Their father's gifts to them before he shot himself. Quite apt, really...
Oh yeah, and I hope to see it when you do get it back... even if only for holy strokings.

Mmmmmm... holy gun strokings.... *petpet*

T.

Renae the Boozehound

Post by Renae the Boozehound » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:58 pm

Meh, I reckon the last thing we need are all the idiots in this country with an ability to own a gun. I mean, I think the hoons are managing quite well with their club locks/baseball bats/trolley poles without having to resort to guns, surely? :twisted:

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:40 pm

Renae the Boozehound wrote:Meh, I reckon the last thing we need are all the idiots in this country with an ability to own a gun. I mean, I think the hoons are managing quite well with their club locks/baseball bats/trolley poles without having to resort to guns, surely? :twisted:
Oh, shut your pie hole, or I'll have you shot, you tree-hugging commie daddy's girl... =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Renae the Boozehound

Post by Renae the Boozehound » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:58 am

Pie hole? Tree hugging? Commie? I suppose they're all pretty much right, but Daddy's girl? I really don't think so... I haven't seen my Dad in about 10 years and am a happier little beaver for that fact. <insert craptacular childhood rant here>

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:35 pm

Renae the Boozehound wrote:Meh, I reckon the last thing we need are all the idiots in this country with an ability to own a gun. I mean, I think the hoons are managing quite well with their club locks/baseball bats/trolley poles without having to resort to guns, surely? :twisted:
Venomous wrote:Oh, shut your pie hole, or I'll have you shot, you tree-hugging commie daddy's girl... =P
Amen to that, Brother V. :twisted:

T.