*refuses to dust*

Created out of my passionate hatred for bigoted non-smokers who can't help themselves but go on an arrogant tirade about the evils of smoking every time they encounter a smoker, this is a place where lovers of tobacco can gather without prejudice.
Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:41 pm

Well, the best of luck to you in the jobhunting area of things. It sucks balls, I know. I have a job... thing.... tomorrow. The reason I say "thing" because I'm not sure if it's an interview or one of those "let's group together and get all fired up!" intro seminars. If it's that I'll be declining, unfortunately. Not cold canvassing again...

Phones would be good. Office work. I can handle that... *sigh* Anywho, yeah Kris, good luck!

T.

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:22 am

Update on jobhunting... thing: Still haven't gone. Slept in. ALOT. It's all good though: I called them and rescheduled after making up whatever I could 5 minutes after waking up (lucky for me he'd given me a wrong contact number)... rescheduled to tomorrow. *phew!*

So yeah, tomorrow again. Oops. :oops:

T.

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:46 pm

Good Luck on that job "thing". I have no new leads at the moment. Keep checking the paper but nothing new has come up. It is soon to be a holiday here in the states so perhaps after the holiday week I'll have better luck.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:47 pm

T., yeah, you used to smoke Lights, they're not the same as what Kristi smokes...

And yeah, I'm with Kris on the brands thing... I just don't get people who smoke sawdust when the budget gets tight... cheap, nasty smokes just make me feel sick, sore throat, and so on. If I'm broke, I'll cut back or go without - I'm not going to smoke animal feces just to save a couple of lousy bucks. Besides, the really awful, nasty smokes are only a dollar or two per pack cheaper than the good stuff - what's the fucking point?

My flatmate has a job interview lined up for Thursday. Looks like everybody's in the market for a new living at the moment. Maybe I should find a new line of work too... like being a guy that smashes computers with a big computer smashing machine for a living! Mmm, yeah, that sounds good...
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:54 pm

Update on job thing. Woke up early. In fact, went to bed early and didn't fucking SLEEP for at least 3 hours... so by the time I drifted off it was about the *usual* time I go to bed.

Aaaaaaaanywho... got there early. Like 20 minutes early. Went through a third of my latest read in the hour I waited for. Fuck me sideways. I could've been sleeping, goddamnit! It had only taken me half an hour to get there...

Anywho, job itself? Cold canvassing mobile phone plans to small businesses. Footwork + bad knees + worse back = much owie and evilness. Helps to put me in a less-than-positive attitude. Oh, and they're kids! My direct boss would be 20! They're so vibrant and fresh and full of life and are kinda weirded out by my quiet, unresponsive version of positivity. I can sell ice to a fucking eskimo if I really want to, but the simple fact is that I really don't want this job. I lose my life (approx. 8am-8pm if not later), my sanity and I become something I hate... and I will not lose my sense of self for a crummy job.

Even if it would make me rich... said boss pulls in a couple of grand a week... stupid magic words... couple of grand. Mind you, they're extremely pushy, insinuative, manipulative and assumptive as well. I would deck them if they were at my door.

So yeah, still on the hunt. Haven't got a callback from them, so who knows? Eh...

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:17 pm

Ugh. Uhh, T., that job, aside from all the obvious reasons that commission only cold-canvassing door-to-door hawking jobs suck donkey balls and those that hold those jobs are the lowest forms of life known to man, here's another reason for you in case you weren't put off enough: That's what my last ex (whom you know but shall remain nameless on this forum!) did for a living before she realised that stripping was more profitable.

Take it from me, capitalist that I am - some lines of work are just not worth the money, no matter how decent they make the payment plan sound.

As for the creepy kids, that's simple: high turnover industry + no qualifications required = lots of young stupid kids with more motivation than smarts all excited about all the millions of dollars they were promised they could earn just by walking a few hundred miles and pestering a few thousand innocent strangers at their homes and places of business each days...

Don't sell your soul just yet hon... you're so much better than my ex. =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:01 pm

Heh, I came home and showered for a good 45 minutes after that, just to get clean...

"Dirt... won't come off!"

T.

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:15 pm

Sales are definately not my gig. There are more than enough ads in the papers here for them. I've avoided them altogether. I've put in a few applications and dropped off a few more resumes and smiled nicely and was courteous to a fault but the latest holiday has slowed things down.
I really don't know why I bother being so nice and smiley I can never get past the receptionist at these places which are always female and never have anything to do with the hiring. My resume gets dumped into a dusty neglected box full of more dusty negected resumes and I hear nothing back from them. <sigh> I'm going to try to find a part time job anyway until something full time comes up. Might be ringing a register but it's better than being flat broke.

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:35 am

Exactly. I'm prepared to sell my dignity for a job, but not my soul. They can never have that.

But yeah, no callback, so all good.

T.

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:33 pm

I just about sold my soul to the last place I worked for. By the time I left I wasn't entirely sure who I was anymore. I had started to feel like some sort of mechanical droid. Even if my off time which was minimal. The money was good, but I was miserable.

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:16 pm

Yeah, that's just it. You get paid handsomely for the jobs that require you to sign in your lifeblood on the dotted line. I don't care if I end up waiting tables, at least it's honest work.

T.

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:54 am

I'm not opposed to waiting tables. I have done it before and it has actually been one of the lesser evils that I have been willing to do for money. It is hard on the feet and doesn't pay that well but I actually enjoyed it.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:30 pm

Meh, the rat race is for suckers. Everybody knows that being broke and hungry and without cigarettes is MUCH better that slaving away nine to five to put more money in The Man's coffers! =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:18 pm

Being broke, hungry (which I'm not), and without cigarettes (which hasn't happened yet either) AND living with your parents is worth considering getting a job. Right now I have a bit of birthday money some pity money from my soon to be ex and some "buy your affection" money from my dad. They will soon be depleted and not likely to be repeated.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:46 pm

Ahh, so THAT's what family is good for! =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy