The Patch

Created out of my passionate hatred for bigoted non-smokers who can't help themselves but go on an arrogant tirade about the evils of smoking every time they encounter a smoker, this is a place where lovers of tobacco can gather without prejudice.
morphineinduced

The Patch

Post by morphineinduced » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:45 pm

I am trying to quit smoking and I have that smokers patch on my arm and yet a cig in my mouth ..... This thing sucks .... So lame

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:02 pm

Try something with negative re-enforcement. Like when ever you goto smoke, have a friend kick you in the balls, or fry your ass with a stun gun.

morphineinduced

Post by morphineinduced » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:19 am

Your prolly right .... ill just carry around a knife and when i go to smoke ill stab my self in the leg .... then I will not want to smoke

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:25 am

I've heard good and bad things about every kind of anti-smoking crutch out on the market... somebody will wear three patches and still crave cigarettes something chronic, others I know just switch cigarettes with nicotine gum and a few weeks later, they've quit. Not to say that the gum is better than the patches, I know people who have tried everything on the market and still not kicked it.

Personally, I swear by the method I use. It's called "having some fucking willpower". What you do is, you light up a smoke, and you say to yourself "Y'know, this smoking is too expensive/bad for my health/pissing off my girlfriend/making me sick/giving me cancer/whatever excuse I need, so after this one, I'm just gonna stop." And then you enjoy that last one as much as you can, throw out all your lighters and ashtrays, and stop fucking smoking.

I stopped smoking for five months just doing that. You know what got me started up again? My immunologist told me to stop eating every food I liked for a while, to see if I had any food allergies. And I'm all like, I'm a non-drinking, non-smoking, non-fast food eating, non-drug using insomniac who hasn't been laid in two years, and you're telling me I can't eat food now?! FOOD IS ALL I HAVE LEFT, YOU BASTARDS!! So I jumped, kicking and screaming, off the wagon, went out and bought a pack of smokes, a bottle of scotch, a couple of burgers from Burger King, and had a mini-bender - didn't really get fucked up or anything, but enough to say to myself, "Pfft, screw this. If I wanna smoke, I'm gonna have a smoke!", etc. Personally, I mainly only stopped for financial reasons anyway. It was costing me over $100 a week at the rate I was smoking.

At the moment, I'm just smoking one or two sticks a day, sometimes zero, depending on how I feel. It's a nice way to relax or take a break from whatever I'm doing, but I don't sit and chain a whole pack like I used to.

But I digress. If you really want a good negative re-inforcement tactic, here's a good one I heard - your next pack, every time you go to butt one out, toss it in a jar with some water in it instead, and put the lid on the jar. Keep doing that for the whole pack, and tell yourself it's your last pack and you're going to quit after that. Then, every time you crave a smoke after the last one in that pack, crack the lid on the jar and smell the water. Once you're finishing gagging and retching, you probably won't crave a smoke anymore. If you do, drink some of it. >=)
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:52 am

Venomous wrote:[E]very time you crave a smoke after the last one in that pack, crack the lid on the jar and smell the water. Once you're finishing gagging and retching, you probably won't crave a smoke anymore. If you do, drink some of it. >=)
If you end up drinking the water do it in front of someone that you are trying to get rid of in your life. I.E. a pestering ex-girlfriend or someone that is very clingy. The site of your insides spilling on the ground should be enough to get rid of them for awhile.
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

morphineinduced

Post by morphineinduced » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:50 pm

lol .... thats ate up man .....lol .... Its hard to quit smoking man I take these pills and they end up making me want to smoke more ..... besides sex but thats another story ..... I think everytime I smoke a cig what I will do is just throw the lit cig at someone and after a while someoen will want to kick my ass and after getting my ass kicked alot I think I will stop ..... especially if they wire my jaw shut ....

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:06 pm

StreetRodRacer wrote:If you end up drinking the water do it in front of someone that you are trying to get rid of in your life. I.E. a pestering ex-girlfriend or someone that is very clingy. The site of your insides spilling on the ground should be enough to get rid of them for awhile.
Ahhh man, how little you know about clingy chicks... women who have stalkish tendencies LOVE a man throwing up... it brings out the protective, nurturing, mothering instinct in them... rubbing your back... wiping your mouth... then tucking you in with your bucket and some cuddles afterwards... man, if you have a stalky chick you want to get rid of, the WORST thing you can do is show signs of illness around her!! =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:00 am

I must have been thinking of getting rid of other girls.. ohh well
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:51 am

StreetRodRacer wrote:I must have been thinking of getting rid of other girls.. ohh well
What, you mean girls with class? Dignity? Style? =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

morphineinduced

Post by morphineinduced » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:54 am

Ya what were you thinking its not like I get any girls with class , dignity or style ...... you will have to try a new approach .... lol ....