bluray dvd thievery

Are you one of those pesky pricks that commits petty crimes for the amusement of yourself and your drunken stoned friends? Post your crazy stories of public social deviance here - we promise we won't release your IP address to the authorities unless threatened with legal action!
spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1

bluray dvd thievery

Post by spirochete » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:53 am

I have found a way to remove the red locking security bar from DVD and bluray cases for the purpose of stealing them.

Out of view of security cameras, remove the outside wrapper. Hold the case below the locking bar, and separate the top halves. Pull one half out towards your hand, bending it, and it will crack near the locking bar. Repeat for the other half. Close the side you have cracked, and repeat on the other side below the bar.

The result is that there will be four small cracks in the case where the red locking bar locks itself into it. Now you can wiggle the bar free, pull it out and hide it somewhere in the store. The bar you just removed is normally what sets off the detectors at the store exit.

Now, hide the case on your person, and exit the store.

You are left with a cracked case, but it doesn't affect the appearance or operation of it.
Eastern block robot cowboy

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:23 pm

This is great! And if you don't want a cracked case, empty DVD cases are like ten cents for a hundred or something ridiculous. Great way to build up a movie collection without blowing the bank!

I haven't acquired a new DVD in... well, years... these days I just download anything I feel like watching. With my ADSL I can download a DVD-rip or BR-rip in less than a quarter of the time it would take to watch the actual movie. Queue a few up, and I have an endless home cinema here.

Though I might have to try your case-cracking scheme. I hear there are going to be new anti-piracy laws coming in soon, though that's about all I know of the topic. Fucking scum.
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy