Dye

Are you one of those pesky pricks that commits petty crimes for the amusement of yourself and your drunken stoned friends? Post your crazy stories of public social deviance here - we promise we won't release your IP address to the authorities unless threatened with legal action!
User avatar
spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am

Post by spirochete » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:49 pm

Why should I pay money for something that might not work?

I don't have psychological problems in that way.

Also, batteries are way too expensive for what they are.
Eastern block robot cowboy

User avatar
spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am

Post by spirochete » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:57 pm

I should also mention that I don't have 'spare' money. It would be very difficult to be materialistic when poor. A lot of my clothes are secondhand, and what I buy new is drastically reduced or cheap from eBay. I buy a lot of my groceries from food clearance places.
Eastern block robot cowboy

User avatar
Jackie
Lonely Lamer
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Jackie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:00 pm

We live in a money-based world. It's all about cash. You have to pay for everything. You should be fine with that, since you are not emotionally attached to your money.

Batteries and clothing dye are terrible things to buy because they suck. Besides, you shouldn't need them anyway. Batteries are mostly used in rich-man's toys and gadgets. And the only purpose of dye is to make yourself look better and richer than your really are. Not exactly the most admirable trait, I'd say.
It would be very difficult to be materialistic when poor.
You can afford an Internet connection. And fancy electronics that use batteries. You are not really poor.
If I had much money, I would be much happier in life
Oh Venny, have you still not learned that happiness cannot be bought? If you suddenly became very rich, your spirit would be lifted only for a short while.

User avatar
spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am

Post by spirochete » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:43 am

Rich mans toys, like the tv remote? Get real. Hardly a fancy gadget.

You are being very judgemental about my situation. Clothing dye doesn't make you look rich. Especially when used on a $15 pair of army surplus trousers.

You need to get off your high horse and put yourself in someone else's shoes. I never said I was dirt poor. I am grateful for the things that I have, such as a place to live and food to eat, but I am often scraping by on my rather low income.

I am very careful with money, and for someone who doesn't know me to make such judgements is frankly ridiculous.
Eastern block robot cowboy

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Jackie wrote:Oh Venny, have you still not learned that happiness cannot be bought? If you suddenly became very rich, your spirit would be lifted only for a short while.
No my old friend, that's a lesson I could only learn by living it! Give me endless money and I truly believe I'd be a happy, happy man. You say money can't buy me happiness, but I'd be much happier without bills and debt... much happier if I could buy my loved ones the things they need, pay their loans and mortgages for them to relieve that burden... buy myself a nice home, a nice car, nice things... I'd much happier not having to wonder where my next meal was coming from... not having to stress about going without this or that because I can't pay for the small luxuries in life... not having to wonder, do I want internet, OR phone this month, because I cannot afford both?!

Tell me a little bit about your enlightened lifestyle, Mr. Jack? Tell me how you've transcended worldly goods and luxuries for the way of the Dalai Lama? Tell me by what means do you put food in your mouth, a roof over your head, and yes, even the internet connection from which you bring us these words of wisdom? For yes, I am a doubter. Until I am rich, I will not hear that being rich cannot make me happy. Let me find out for myself, please! =)
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

User avatar
Jackie
Lonely Lamer
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Jackie » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:28 pm

First of all... holy shit look at all the spam on the forum! I've never seen this much before. Have we got a new record?

Anyway. Ven my man, I see the problem. It can be hard to put the significance of money into perspective when you are having trouble getting your finances in order. Spicochete has the same issue. And she has no sense of humor either.

As for me, I find myself in a position of good financial security especially with the crisis and all. I sorted out a special arrangement with my government. They pay me because they believe I deserve it. I didn't thought it made much sense, but I accepted anyway.
Now I've got money alright, but it didn't make me happier. It's not until you have it yourself until you actually understand that the saying ''money doesn't buy you happiness'' is absolutely true.

User avatar
spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am

Post by spirochete » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 am

First of all, I am a dude, not a girl. What gave you that idea?

Secondly, I am in a position where I don't have good income sources due to back injuries, studying and clinical depression, plus anxiety. The last full time job I had left me unemployed and injured, requiring me to change careers. It's quite hard to work in horticulture with a back injury. I got a very small amount of compensation, which I accepted, because I am not greedy. At the time, I didn't realise it would be such a long lasting injury, or that I had wasted 3 years of study due to it. I found out later I could have gotten more compensation, but it was too late.

These things are beyond my control, aside from the studying, which I am doing so I can get work in the future. For now, I am doing what I can to get by in the cheapest way possible, as I really don't have much choice.

I imagine you will still have some more holes to pick in my lifestyle, because you seem to think that yours is a hell of a lot more honest or moralistic than mine, but in that case, what are you doing on this partcular forum?

Get off the high horse.
Eastern block robot cowboy

User avatar
spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am

Post by spirochete » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:31 am

Oh, and I have a great sense of humour, you just aren't funny.
Eastern block robot cowboy

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:16 am

Just realized I'd overlooked this thread...

Yes Jackie, that was well and truly a new record for spam on this site. If not the whole internet. =) Thanks to desi's efforts we got it under control, but the forum had to be locked down for new signups until we update the entire server, not just the forum software, it turns out. This is underway as we speak. Until then, it's just going to be the 4? of us.

You're right about perspective though. It's easy to say money means nothing when you have plenty of it. I am not a pauper but most months I barely break even without anything leftover for luxuries. I've quit smoking, I don't drive a car, I don't go to bars or clubs or movies, I don't spend money on women or dating - basically I have enough to live a quiet, meager but mostly comfortable life. It helps that I share a house with two friends who are in similar situations - we split the rent between us because none of us would be able to afford to live alone with rental prices being what they are in Australia at the moment.

I'm very curious as to what you do to earn your comfortable lifestyle? Is your payment some kind of welfare/dole/pension, or do you actually work for your government in some capacity? Sounds cushy, either way.

Haven't seen spirochete online for a while...
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

User avatar
spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am

Post by spirochete » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:34 am

Oh yeah?
Eastern block robot cowboy

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Well said, spirochete. I dread to think how many brain cells you burnt coming up with that insightful reply. You are a true contributor. =)
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

User avatar
Jackie
Lonely Lamer
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Jackie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Venomous wrote:I'm very curious as to what you do to earn your comfortable lifestyle? Is your payment some kind of welfare/dole/pension, or do you actually work for your government in some capacity? Sounds cushy, either way.
Work for the government? Blasphemy. No, I would never do that. I receive payment whenever I don't work, unfortunately I do have a job. I prefer my money directly from my government. I wouldn't call my insurance welfare, disability benefits is more like it. I once heard a guy say he tried to get disability benefit by acting like a retard, but he said he failed the test because he was too intelligent. So I figured I'll try it myself. I remembered the south park episode wherein Cartman tried to win the special Olympics by acting like a retard, and I thought it would be pretty interesting to see how hard this stuff could be for real. Well, guess what? Actually it doesn't take much these days to get these benefits. All you have to do is give the 'right' answers and you're golden. Drooling a little helps too. Now I'm basically set for life. See, sometimes it's all about being just little smarter than the rest. HAR HAR HAR!
spirochete wrote:First of all, I am a dude, not a girl. What gave you that idea?
I can tell you are a woman just from the way you write your messages. Also, some time after I unveiled your gender, you posted this thread where you said you're a woman. I'll quote the words for everyone to see:
spirochete wrote:My naturopath gave me some stuff to take to counteract the acidity I get from being an older woman(?) so I could have a baby. Lo and behold, I got pregnant the next day !
You know what this sort of thing shows? That you are not trustworthy. I'm not going to assume anything. Maybe you are a petty liar, or maybe you are nuts. But I'll leave that for everyone else to figure out. Or, maybe you want to talk about it yourself?
spirochete wrote:I imagine you will still have some more holes to pick in my lifestyle, because you seem to think that yours is a hell of a lot more honest or moralistic than mine, but in that case, what are you doing on this partcular forum?
Yes, I am more honest and more morally righteous than you. That is not my opinion, but a fact. I don't lie about myself. You do. I already made it abundantly clear why I am on this forum, just read my first topic.

Look, I am a likable guy. I cannot think of any valid reason why you would dislike me. I just point out certain facts you happily ignore for your own convenience. You're going to end up miserable if you keep doing that, so I'm actually helping you. I can understand if you don't get that. No hard feelings, I'll still help you out.

Also, this last misplaced remark...
Get off the high horse.
Why? Just why? Come on, it's so ironic...

User avatar
spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am

Post by spirochete » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:36 am

If you read that post where are you say I am talking about myself being an older woman correctly, you would see that I am giving examples of things that other people have said.
These are not my own quotes. I would like to point out that this is an example of how I do not lie about myself. this is where your argument falls flat. And, who else but a high horse dweller would actually consider themselves to be morally more righteous than anyone else?
Eastern block robot cowboy

User avatar
spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am

Post by spirochete » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:09 am

Of course, the real irony is:

Based on a post where I was pointing out my dislike for people jumping to ridiculous conclusions, you jumped to the conclusion that I am a woman.

You fail, and fail hard.
Eastern block robot cowboy

User avatar
Jackie
Lonely Lamer
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Jackie » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:24 am

I read the post several times, it's a blurb of random complaints. In your mind it might be obvious that it doesn't describe you, but unless you actually make that clear in some way or another how can we know? There no introduction, no background, nothing whatsoever from your side we can go by.

Why do you deny that you are a member of the weaker sex? Is that some form of misogyny? Surely you don't want to remain a grumpy self-hating woman the rest of your life? Come on. I can help you with your personal problems. Just open yourself up to other people, don't be stubborn for the sake of it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest