To Pod or Not To Pod, That Is The Question...

Do you linger on my every word like a lovesick schoolgirl? Or would you like to take a rusty ice pick to my jugular to make me shut the hell up? For, or against? Point, counterpoint? Discuss.

Moderator: Jackie

Should a semi-regular Podcast series by Venomous be added to Social Deviancy?

Hell yeah, that's a fantastic idea! I'd definately tune into that!
38%
It's a decent idea, but it depends on how you implement it. Worth a shot, though.
54%
I really don't care. I don't read the articles anyway, and I wouldn't listen to the Podcasts either!
No votes
Nah, that's a pretty lame idea. There must be a better way to boost this site!
8%
That's the worst fucking idea I've ever heard, Venomous. You are an idiot.
No votes

Total votes: 13

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Wed May 02, 2007 12:29 am

If Karl ever does that, the next day we'll hear a report of his suicide.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed May 02, 2007 3:58 am

TSJ wrote:of course :) unless you start playing backstreet boyz, take that and the like ;)
That is equally as zero chance unlikely as me playing rap. =)

In fact, I won't be playing ANY commercial music, since that's a great way to get assraped by the RIAA, but if anybody chooses to send in their own music for me to possibly broadcast, I'll possibly air it if it doesn't suck major balls.
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

TSJ
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by TSJ » Mon May 07, 2007 10:15 am

Venomous wrote:
TSJ wrote:of course :) unless you start playing backstreet boyz, take that and the like ;)
That is equally as zero chance unlikely as me playing rap. =)

In fact, I won't be playing ANY commercial music, since that's a great way to get assraped by the RIAA, but if anybody chooses to send in their own music for me to possibly broadcast, I'll possibly air it if it doesn't suck major balls.
Hehe :) Any restrictions regarding the lyrics?
0 what 1 and what 0

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon May 07, 2007 11:13 pm

TSJ wrote:Hehe :) Any restrictions regarding the lyrics?
Yeah, but only so far as my personal opinion goes, and most of you already know what to expect there. =P

ie. I'd probably be more likely to play your vulgar shit than some boy-band crap about flowers and cuddles... >=P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:43 am

UPDATE ON PODCASTING STUFF:-

I know a lot of you have been wondering (or, at least, were a few weeks ago, if you haven't already given up and stop caring!) what's going on with the proposed podcasts I tentatively announced in this thread.

First of all, I just want to remind you all of that above fact - this thread was the announcement of me considering the possibility of a podcast and asking for your feedback, not a committed promise to definately bring you podcasts, and most certainly not a guarantee to have them live within a particular time frame. There seems to have been some misunderstanding on this point. Off the record, I am very interested in launching a podcast as soon as I can. For the record, I have not ever committed to a promise, and should not be expected to "make good" just because you're impatient. =)

That said, I am still eager to pursue this stuff, but as people should be used to around SocDev by now, the plan has met with hitch after hitch delaying production.

The major setback at this time is that I've been forced to lock down the forums to new memberships, due to an insanely overwhelming influx of attempted spambot forum account signups recently. In the past 45 days, this forum has received 1,611 new spambot signup attempts. That's an average of 36 new fake spam accounts on the forum PER DAY. Furthermore, that average is skewed by a light load at the start - we currently get approximately 50-80 bot signups a day. As a result, while I endeavor to have a bulletproof user authentication process implemented on the new user signup page, the forum has had to be locked down to new signups in the meantime.

Obviously, something like a podcast has two primary purposes - entertainment, and advertising/exposure. With a successful podcast running, and promoted on the big podcast directories, one can expect a huge influx of new users to the site. What is the good of this traffic, if nobody can join SocDev? Do I really want to make a podcast just for the benefit of 5-10 users? No. I want my efforts to benefit this community as a whole, and until this forum spamming issue has been resolved with stronger account authentication procedures, that won't happen.

There are a few other small issues - mainly problems with PC troubles and things on my end - but most of these are either already resolved, or don't pose any serious setback to the idea of launching a podcast. The forum issue is the main one.

So, again, off the record, I am still very keen on the idea of launching a SocDev podcast when the time is right. I hope you'll all stick around and enjoy it.

On the record though, I'm not here solely to entertain you at your leisure, so cut me some friggin' slack! =P

Now, back to our regularly scheduled stale silence... =D
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy