Dear Diary

Do you linger on my every word like a lovesick schoolgirl? Or would you like to take a rusty ice pick to my jugular to make me shut the hell up? For, or against? Point, counterpoint? Discuss.

Moderator: Jackie

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:49 pm

Karl, I agree with Slick on this one. And as you put it, it requires a few photos to bear the affirmation of the title "full article", but in this case you can at least spare us the few photos of an out of shape male in a speedo. I still think that this is considered a full article.

Now as far as your quarrel with Jason, shouldn't you take that to the flame wars section?
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:39 am

Hero of the Day wrote:
Venomous wrote:Now shut up and go make me a Double Quarter Pounder, no pickle, extra sauce... and don't argue, the customer is always fucking right. =)
extra sauce? sure no problem enjoy
Jesus Christ I said no pickle, this has double pickle, and I wanted extra ketchup but for some reason some idiot seems to have thought I meant Mac sauce when I said extra sauce!! Why can't you people ever get a fucking order right?!?
Supernovae wrote:Karl, I agree with Slick on this one. And as you put it, it requires a few photos to bear the affirmation of the title "full article", but in this case you can at least spare us the few photos of an out of shape male in a speedo. I still think that this is considered a full article.
Where the fuck would I get photos of an out of shape male in a speedo, and what would the relevance of those be to my article?! And Slick didn't say it was a full article, he said it seemed like a full-assed blog post. I know it was a full article. =)
Supernovae wrote:Now as far as your quarrel with Jason, shouldn't you take that to the flame wars section?
Well, la-dee-da, who died and made you forum moderator, hmm? =P If it became a full-blown flame war, I probably would, but since it was just a handful of posts, and they are still quite on topic (about crappy lives and so on), I see no reason to move anything at this time. =)
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:50 am

"I love this city! DEE-FUCKING-TROIT!!!" - Steven Tyler of Aerosmith at the Palace of Auburn Hills. December 15th, 2005

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:51 am

Bwahah... thank you Kyle... now my article is complete! =D
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:56 am

Yay! The article is complete.
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:30 am

Venomous wrote: Jesus Christ I said no pickle, this has double pickle, and I wanted extra ketchup but for some reason some idiot seems to have thought I meant Mac sauce when I said extra sauce!! Why can't you people ever get a fucking order right?!?
when you deal with stupid fucking people who cant remember what they ordered between one window and the next...
Confidence comes in a brown bottle.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:01 am

Hero of the Day wrote:when you deal with stupid fucking people who cant remember what they ordered between one window and the next...
Yeah I hear that, but still I think that's no fucking excuse for how they fuck up 4 out of 5 orders without fail for normal customers who don't screw around when placing their order... geeez...
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:29 pm

I can assure you at my store we pride ourselves on only fucking up one out of 5 :)
actually until late afternoon/evening when the zoo crew/convicts take over things aint bad. Oh and forget about weekends (unless you want to try and hook up with the 15 y/o chick taking your order) cause things are fucked up.

btw: this gets me thinking if Karl can post about his day...maybe I should post on some of mine (cant be THAT bad).

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:09 pm

Hero of the Day wrote:I can assure you at my store we pride ourselves on only fucking up one out of 5 :)
With my luck, I just know that one would be mine.
Hero of the Day wrote:Oh and forget about weekends (unless you want to try and hook up with the 15 y/o chick taking your order)
You say that, knowing full well that I do.... =P
Hero of the Day wrote:btw: this gets me thinking if Karl can post about his day...maybe I should post on some of mine (cant be THAT bad).
I'd be interested to read that... I was going to say that the day I posted wasn't my typical day but an extremely bizarre one, but then I recalled I did include in the entry a brief summary of my typical day too, so I guess that counts. So yeah, I'd be quite curious to hear brief rundowns of what everybody else here's typical, average day is like!
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:50 pm

There are three 'typical' days for me: Normal, Extra work and Special (such as today)

[Normal Day]
well lets see I get up about 3 am , eat breakfast, get dressed. Fuck around on the net. Usually hitting my own forum, this forum as well as ConsumptionJunction.com, SteakandCheese.com and Freakhole.com.
head to work either to be met by drama queen or finger (both managers) depending on the day [drama queen is the no tits girl whose myspace link I posted here, finger is a tall skinny blonde in her late 30's who is our "marketing manager" the reason for the nick is all she does is play on the fucking laptop the owner bought her]
Go in get the rundown on what we dont have or is broke. Start filling the ice machines, make sure the pop machine is together etc. Then I am either in drive through for an hour or so or go directly to grill depending on the day. From there its usually more stocking and often cooking stuff in between times. Every other tuesday is more work because I have to tear down and clean the milkshake machine. When I get off I usually come home, change clothes, read the paper then get on the computer and check my email and fuck around the web some more and do whatever course work needs to be done Depending on the day of the week I may have class that day.

[Extra Work Day]
some days I have to come in early (3am) and unload the stock truck (which basically consists of stacking/sorting cases as they come down a ramp) Usually around a couple hundred cases.
If the maintenance guy is off I then have to clean windows and whatever wasnt cleaned during the midnight shift. Make sure the towels are clean if not run the washer, fill the towel buckets with water& sanitizer and put them in place. Next I have to filter or change the oil in the vats (and now the pressure fryer). Then usually I will end up running the trash out and sweeping the lot, in addition to all my usual work. The rest of the day is pretty much the same

[TODAY]
Come into work, listen to drama queen whine she' sick and cough loud enough to hear a block away, and talk about her weekend. Find out the maintenance man is called off, not a big deal usually, BUT today the contractor remodelling the lobby was scheduled to tile the walls in the drive through so all the fucking equipment needed to be moved. Then I went to filter the pressure fryer, well it seems some dumbass over the weekend put to much oil in it, then someone drained the excess into the filter pan and left it and they left a 3 gallon pail half full of oil from the last time they put too much oil in. So before I could clean and set the filter system up I had to get the gallon of oil out. Got that done got the thing filtered, did the vats no problem. Later the guys come to tile the drive thru and start disconecting/ moving stuff. So my boss (a diff manager) tells me to "find some place to put all this junk (the stuff they are taking down panels off the drink machine etc), I dont care where"
oh yeh and we were short people since drama queen went home and another person was no call no show. Except for the fact we were down to one drive thru window since the cheapass owner wouldnt close (costing him more to pay us than he is making right now).

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:38 pm

That there is a prime example why I do not want to ever work in fast food...moreso, I don't want to work the food business at all.
"I love this city! DEE-FUCKING-TROIT!!!" - Steven Tyler of Aerosmith at the Palace of Auburn Hills. December 15th, 2005

TSJ
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by TSJ » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:36 am

MP81 wrote:That there is a prime example why I do not want to ever work in fast food...moreso, I don't want to work the food business at all.
You said it... Actually, any job that involves interaction with customers suxx bigtimes... except anal animals.. ahem.. what I meant to say or really type actually, is that next time Im gonna order some fast food, then I'll just say "surprise me"... Afterall, that's the end result anyhow :)

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:38 pm

well most of the stuff aint too bad (and I do the work to get extra time, why the fuck should someone else get it when I'm there). It is just being surronded by retards and having the most poorly designed piece of equipment ever (The pressure fryer is a bitch to set up the filters and a bitch to clean the pot because it's electric so the heating coils are inside the pot, and the stupid fucking brush the manufacturer sends is useless)

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:47 am

Hero of the Day wrote:There are three 'typical' days for me: Normal, Extra work and Special (such as today)
Good post. Though I have to say, I now find it totally hilarious that you considered my life to be pathetic. If I had your life, and those were my regular days, I would lay down in my bathtub, put a revolver inside my mouth, and paint my wall tiles with my brains. Thank you for putting things into perspective for me, next time I get a little bored and stir crazy I can read this thread and feel so much better. =D
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:53 am

well only a year until I get my degree (hopefully) then I can be done with this shit.

Unfortunatelly not all of us are entrepreneurs like you.