Some people will do anything to make a buck online...

Do you linger on my every word like a lovesick schoolgirl? Or would you like to take a rusty ice pick to my jugular to make me shut the hell up? For, or against? Point, counterpoint? Discuss.

Moderator: Jackie

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:35 pm

I dont have all the patience to sift through every ebay auctions relating to charities but after I looked through a couple of them this one struck me as something odd. *SO* I decided to post here.

A Once in a lifetime opportunity to have a date with a dog.. cute but tacky!

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-date-with-Miss-Li ... dZViewItem

Till next time - enjoy!

-SRR

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Streetrodracer wrote:A Once in a lifetime opportunity to have a date with a dog.. cute but tacky!
Dear gods...

Okay, point A: That is one ugly-ass mutt. If my cat was that ugly, I'd glue whiskers to its ass and teach it to walk backwards.

Point B: Obviously it seems to just be a silly story to convince people to donate to charity, but by posting it on eBay, the seller is now legally bound to deliver the goods upon a successful winning bid. Therefore, if you pay a dollar and win, and the seller does not fly you to South Carolina and treat you to the events described, you can register a complaint with eBay and file negative feedback. If you really wanted to be an asshole, you could also probably take some form of legal action. =)

I never do get these kinds of things. There are two types of people in this world - those who donate to philanthropic causes, and those who don't. The former don't need a stupid auction on eBay to do so, and the latter won't be swayed by one.

Freaks...
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:33 am

Venomous wrote:I never do get these kinds of things. There are two types of people in this world - those who donate to philanthropic causes, and those who don't. The former don't need a stupid auction on eBay to do so, and the latter won't be swayed by one.

Freaks...
Dude, go out and get yourself laid. :P :twisted:

And the dog is not that bad. You just like the kitties more than the puppies so nyeeeeh! :P

T.

Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:59 am

The Dog is that bad... it looks evil!

I'm not sure if I should be taking this one seriously or not? Two things were running through my mind as I read it:

1. Someone is looking for a doggie sitting service for 5hrs. How much can one person do with a dog out doors for 5 hours? (And no dirty comebacks to that one please!)

2. Some guy is just trying to make money out of a bad situation. Surley the American Red Cross would find better ways of raising money for people in need. And there are always so many fake "charities" out to get your money after a natural or even unnatural disaster.

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:02 pm

Ambrosia wrote:The Dog is that bad... it looks evil!

I'm not sure if I should be taking this one seriously or not? Two things were running through my mind as I read it:

1. Someone is looking for a doggie sitting service for 5hrs. How much can one person do with a dog out doors for 5 hours? (And no dirty comebacks to that one please!)

2. Some guy is just trying to make money out of a bad situation. Surley the American Red Cross would find better ways of raising money for people in need. And there are always so many fake "charities" out to get your money after a natural or even unnatural disaster.
Oh, I'm aware of all of this, I just thought it was a great way to pay out on Ven. :twisted: :P

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:06 pm

Tyranny wrote:Oh, I'm aware of all of this, I just thought it was a great way to pay out on Ven. :P
Oh, is that what that was? Well, you're lucky we've got Keith and Kyle around here then, otherwise I'd have to put you into the Hall of Shame for LAMEST BURN EVAH!! =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:32 am

Oh, go back to your Olsen Twins. :P

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:00 pm

Tyranny wrote:Oh, go back to your Olsen Twins. :P
The Olsen Twins?! Ugh, pfeh, they're like fuckin' 50 now... old hags... =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:10 pm

Venomous wrote:The Olsen Twins?! Ugh, pfeh, they're like fuckin' 50 now... old hags... =P
*laughing her arse off* Dude, you crack me up, to no end. So what's your jailbait of choice nowadays? :P

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:37 pm

Tyranny wrote:*laughing her arse off* Dude, you crack me up, to no end.
Always a pleasure. =)
Tyranny wrote:So what's your jailbait of choice nowadays? :P
None o' yer fuckin' business. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:39 am

Venomous wrote:None o' yer fuckin' business. =)
Well fine then. :P How old's Dakota Fanning these days? I don't know... *chuckling*

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:42 am

Tyranny wrote:Well fine then. :P How old's Dakota Fanning these days? I don't know... *chuckling*
{wonders how flamed he'd get if he said "Old enough!"}... =P

Nah, she just annoys me. There's cute adorable, and then there's cutesy cute oh fuck my bile gorge is rising... you know what I mean?

I still haven't seen the remake of War of the World, though. Starring Tyranny's one and only favorite leading man, Tom Cruise!! =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:19 am

Venomous wrote:{wonders how flamed he'd get if he said "Old enough!"}... =P
BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAH! *falls over laughing*

Venomous wrote:Nah, she just annoys me. There's cute adorable, and then there's cutesy cute oh fuck my bile gorge is rising... you know what I mean?

I still haven't seen the remake of War of the World, though. Starring Tyranny's one and only favorite leading man, Tom Cruise!! =P
I think she's a very competent actor in her own right, cuteness never was a factor. She was the only female child actor I could place at the time... ooh! The girl from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (the one that played Violet, Annasophia Robb), she's not bad.

Oh EW! Tom Cruise??!? You wash your mouth out with the rancid sweat from fat ladies' thighs!

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:58 am

Tyranny wrote:I think she's a very competent actor in her own right, cuteness never was a factor. She was the only female child actor I could place at the time... ooh! The girl from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (the one that played Violet, Annasophia Robb), she's not bad.
Well, perhaps I just haven't seen enough of her films, then. I can't even think what the last flick I saw her in would have been, actually. And I haven't seen the Burton remake of Chocolate Factory yet either - I really don't get out enough these days...
Tyranny wrote:Oh EW! Tom Cruise??!? You wash your mouth out with the rancid sweat from fat ladies' thighs!
Are you trying to make me horny, sweetheart? >=P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:46 am

Venomous wrote:Well, perhaps I just haven't seen enough of her films, then. I can't even think what the last flick I saw her in would have been, actually. And I haven't seen the Burton remake of Chocolate Factory yet either - I really don't get out enough these days...
Awww, yeah I understand that. I had to see Johnny's rendition of Willy Wonka, and I was quite happy (as usual, when it comes to mr. Depp's acting ability) with the end result. So much so I wanna see it again! So funny and warped and demented, I love it!
Venomous wrote:Are you trying to make me horny, sweetheart? >=P
You get off on the rancid sweat from fat ladies' thighs? Eeeeeeeeeeeew...

T.