Some people will do anything to make a buck online...

Do you linger on my every word like a lovesick schoolgirl? Or would you like to take a rusty ice pick to my jugular to make me shut the hell up? For, or against? Point, counterpoint? Discuss.

Moderator: Jackie

Post Reply
User avatar
MP81
Chronic Spammer
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:34 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Post by MP81 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:50 pm

No, there's no 50 word summary that would have summarized that up...

Spamming = A post that says "www.pornoforfee.com Get any type of porno you want" etc... and nothing more...

That was...ummm...a very long quote of goodness.

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:53 pm

MP81 wrote:No, there's no 50 word summary that would have summarized that up...
Spamming = A post that says "www.pornoforfee.com Get any type of porno you want" etc... and nothing more...
That was...ummm...a very long quote of goodness.
Keep pushing me, assmonkey... I'm just in the mood for it today... >=)
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

User avatar
MP81
Chronic Spammer
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:34 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Post by MP81 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:54 pm

Thanks for the title :P

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:56 pm

MP81 wrote:Thanks for the title :P
My pleasure son, you've certainly earned it. =D
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:42 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by Supernovae » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:07 pm

@ Ven - Thanks for the kind words for my new sig pic :D

I was shocked to find them unsecure and not locked. And what's worse is that someone actually paid for them. These pics would have costed me 1.00 each if I was dumb enough to pay for them.
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:05 pm

Streetrodracer wrote:@ Ven - Thanks for the kind words for my new sig pic :D
I was shocked to find them unsecure and not locked. And what's worse is that someone actually paid for them. These pics would have costed me 1.00 each if I was dumb enough to pay for them.
What do you mean "unsecure and not locked"? You can't secure/lock images on the web - if you can see them, you can download them.

But yeah, see, this is what I mean - I don't get why people are always bidding on these things! It doesn't make any logical sense!

Every time I see your sig now, I can't decide whether it's making me hungry, or making me want to go play the slots... =P
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:42 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by Supernovae » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:33 am

Venomous wrote:What do you mean "unsecure and not locked"? You can't secure/lock images on the web - if you can see them, you can download them.
You can download/purchase software that will lock the right-click on websites.

There might be a few other methods but you'll have to ask HM about that (to see if he knows)
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

User avatar
Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy
Posts: 455
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:54 pm
Location: O'Fallon, Missouri
Contact:

Post by Hellmark » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:24 am

Streetrodracer wrote:
Venomous wrote:What do you mean "unsecure and not locked"? You can't secure/lock images on the web - if you can see them, you can download them.
You can download/purchase software that will lock the right-click on websites.
There might be a few other methods but you'll have to ask HM about that (to see if he knows)
Those don't work on all browsers, there are ways around them, and anyone who pays for that is a moron.

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:36 am

Streetrodracer wrote:You can download/purchase software that will lock the right-click on websites. There might be a few other methods but you'll have to ask HM about that (to see if he knows)
Hellmark wrote:Those don't work on all browsers, there are ways around them, and anyone who pays for that is a moron.
Ahh yeah, you're talking about those cruddy little Javascript things that block right-clicking on an HTML page. You can get around those with any modern browser, just turn off Javascript in your preferences. And yeah, as HM said, anybody who actually pays money for that, or anything like it, is a fucking moron.

The best way I've ever seen of showing an image on the web without it being a simple case to right-click and hit Save Image As, is to embed it in a Flash plugin. But even then, there are dozens of Flash rippers out there, but I just take a screenshot, open up PSP, slice it down and save it as an image file. =P
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

User avatar
MP81
Chronic Spammer
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:34 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Post by MP81 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:49 pm

Venomous wrote:Ahh yeah, you're talking about those cruddy little Javascript things that block right-clicking on an HTML page. You can get around those with any modern browser, just turn off Javascript in your preferences. And yeah, as HM said, anybody who actually pays money for that, or anything like it, is a fucking moron.
Agreed...

Them things are annoying...

One other way around it that I sometimes use, is clicking "View" up on the top menu, then "View Source"... Find the picture and voila... (copy & paste it in the browser, then right click, save as... :) )

Renae the Boozehound

Post by Renae the Boozehound » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:59 am

Except if you want one of those images managed by Tripod. Stupid tightarse wankers. If you use Google Image search then go to 'see full-sized/scale image', it'll come up with 'image hosted by Tripod'. Who the crap is that wanker anyhoo? :evil:

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:07 am

Renae the Boozehound wrote:Except if you want one of those images managed by Tripod. Stupid tightarse wankers. If you use Google Image search then go to 'see full-sized/scale image', it'll come up with 'image hosted by Tripod'. Who the crap is that wanker anyhoo? :evil:
Renae! I thought you'd left us for good! Most of the original userbase seems to have - Kristi just flat out refuses to post here anymore, and it's harder to catch Zoltan than it is to catch a fly with a hula hoop... good to see you're still around and kicking! =)

Heh, Tripod, man, I didn't realize those guys were still in business!! Thought they went down years ago, along with Angelfire, and CompuServe, and GeoCities, as they were all bought out by the big corps and merged/renamed into other things...

But yeah, that's a referrer blocker, stops people from just using Tripod's free hosting as image storage for their LiveJournals and shit... I don't think it's meant to block Google Image Search, but they use the same method of pulling up images, so it's the same end result unfortunately!

I always laugh when I try to view an image, and all you see is a placeholder that says "This user has exceeded their hosting bandwidth for this month!". Stupid cheapasses. =P
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Renae the Boozehound

Post by Renae the Boozehound » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:57 am

Yeah, still alive, kicking, screaming etc. Haven't posted on here in a while though (obviously). Checked in on the IRC channel a couple of times and even asked around to see where you were nowadays, but no luck! Hope all's good at your end. :D What happened to everyone else? That Zoltan guy was hilarious! And what's doing with Kris? Why the refusal to post? Seems likes there's drama afoot...

Yeah tightarses give me the shits. Fortunately, I don't get much on the bandwidth thingy, mostly because I don't look at nerdy things, so yay.

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:16 pm

Renae the Boozehound wrote:Yeah, still alive, kicking, screaming etc. Haven't posted on here in a while though (obviously). Checked in on the IRC channel a couple of times and even asked around to see where you were nowadays, but no luck! Hope all's good at your end. :D What happened to everyone else? That Zoltan guy was hilarious! And what's doing with Kris? Why the refusal to post? Seems likes there's drama afoot...
Yeah, I only pop into the chat room from time to time these days, as opposed to lurking/logging in there 24/7 like I was doing when we met. I just woke up one day and realized how utterly futile it was, and got back to work/life/reailty. =P I'm back to keeping ICQ open regularly though, but I haven't seen you on there in months. I don't know why the old crowd doesn't come in anymore - probably because a lot of the conversation has finally turned a bit more "Socially Deviant" now that most of the active members are horny geek boys, maybe the original members mistook this place for a bridge club tea party, and got offended and left. {shrugs} =P
Renae the Boozehound wrote:Yeah tightarses give me the shits. Fortunately, I don't get much on the bandwidth thingy, mostly because I don't look at nerdy things, so yay.
I have a couple of nerdy secret pleasures, but these days 90%+ of my bandwidth goes to TvTorrents.com. I often wonder why I pay like $60+ per month or whatever for cable when I download most of the TV I like anyway... =P
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Renae the Boozehound

Post by Renae the Boozehound » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:08 am

Hahaha, can't handle the actual deviance, eh? Well, poo to them. But yeah. Haven't been on ICQ because it just kept fucking up my computer, and you were my only contact! So rone-ry! I think there's a web-based one you can log into, yes? Maybe I'll have a look-see at that. We need to chitty chat and so on.

Bah, 'reality'? Hahaha! I think I've actually expanded my addiction! Oh well, so long as I can still function I suppose. I sleep a bit better now.. Generally don't stay up talking til 5am and so on. My eyes are starting to hurt from all the monitor-looking-at. Hmm...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests