Some people will do anything to make a buck online...

Do you linger on my every word like a lovesick schoolgirl? Or would you like to take a rusty ice pick to my jugular to make me shut the hell up? For, or against? Point, counterpoint? Discuss.

Moderator: Jackie

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:11 am

Kris wrote:I wonder how the guy figured he was going to get his 5000 dollars and not send a guitar and get buy with it......You'd really have to do some scheming to come up with a good enough excuse for that!
Not really... he's no different to the guy who took your check and hasn't sent you anything Kris - the guitar just aimed higher, is all...
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:31 pm

There is much more recourse available when 5000 dollars in involved, instead of 30 dollars. 5000 dollars and I'm filing a civil suit. My only recourse now is to post his 12th negative feedback out of 1400 or something like that.
Always Dancing in the Shadows.

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:13 pm

If he had fake details and a PO Box, wouldnt be much to skip out after cashing the check.

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:54 pm

I suppose that's true. Guess I won't be bidding on any 5000 dollar guitars on e-bay!

mouth78

Help

Post by mouth78 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:44 am

I know a guy that can help you with that, I will see if I can get him to post here.

Renae the Boozehound

Post by Renae the Boozehound » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:41 pm

I bought some retro Super Nintendo games on eBay recently, and everything's gone peachy keen, except for one seller, who sold me a copy of Mario All Stars that doesn't let you save the game - something I didn't discover until I'd left positive feedback etc. But I agree, you cut your losses. I mean, I don't use eBay that much, so I want all my ratings to be positive, plus I want to start selling on there too, so I want to have the good profile that people respond to. It's good that eBay has some protection in place so people are protected from bigger-scale fraud, but a whole bunch of piss-arse $30 rorts are just as bad. Bloody morons. :evil:

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:45 pm

I have recently made 4 purchases on e-bay. The first seller keeled over dead after he cashed my check but before he sent my product.

Second item has still not been recieved in nearly a month, no response from seller.

Third item, Was recieved but not as described. Was supposed to be CivIII, with Play the World and Conquests. Play the world did not make it in the package. Seller is willing to refund money. Also, was late due to the seller going out of town before mailing my product.

Fourth Item was recieved before any of the rest and in excellent condition.

E-bay is starting to scare me a bit! I used to e-bay quite a bit and hardly ever had problems. I think I'm cursed.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:15 am

Hey, Renae's not dead! Hey Renae! =P

I've probably said this all before, but I don't remember and don't plan on scrolling through several pages of this to check: I find eBay very hit and miss lately. Some transactions go flawlessly, others are just flat out fucked. The whole eBay system could benefit from a redesign and overhaul, I believe. In its current implementation, eBay's feedback system is nothing but a currency of reputation - everybody these days refuses to be the first to post feedback, holding it over you until you post first, with the threat of posting you a negative if you post them one. I've seen too many people with negative feedback that, once you look into it, was obviously posted just as a retaliation. In the past, I've been fucked around by sellers and buyers, and even outright scammed once, but in the interests of, as Renae said, keeping my own profile looking good for when I'm selling, I practice the old saying, "If you don't have something nice to say about somebody, don't say anything at all!". As far as I'm concerned, my need to keep my own feedback profile at 100% positive, and free from any childish, spiteful retaliatory negative feedback from some asshole that ripped me off, greatly outweighs my duty to inform the greater eBay community that one other user is an asshole.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:54 am

What really kinda pisses me off is when people flat out refuse to post feed back. Like this one guy, I bought shit from him a month ago, left him positive feed back, sent him an email that I was really happy that I got the item and it worked great. He doesnt respond, and doesnt post feedback. Just makes me mad that once the sale is done that they dont give a rats ass about you, and definitely makes me think twice about dealing with him (which I would have bought more from the guy)

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:30 am

Hellmark wrote:What really kinda pisses me off is when people flat out refuse to post feed back. Like this one guy, I bought shit from him a month ago, left him positive feed back, sent him an email that I was really happy that I got the item and it worked great. He doesnt respond, and doesnt post feedback. Just makes me mad that once the sale is done that they dont give a rats ass about you, and definitely makes me think twice about dealing with him (which I would have bought more from the guy)
Yeah, that's one of my pet hates too... happened to me recently, I was the perfect buyer, and I was happy with the product, so I posted the seller positive feedback. As I always do, I emailed them at the same time to let them know I'd received the item, was happy with it, and had posted feedback, with a friendly reminder asking that they do the same for me. No response, no feedback. I emailed that guy another half dozen times, starting with friendly pleasant reminders, and ending up with flat-out cursing him and demanding to know what his fucking problem was. Never a word out of him, in reply, or in feedback. I hope the prick is dead.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy