things I hate

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

things I hate

Post by Hero of the Day » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:35 am

ok this is kinda impromptu and more a bitch session

Anyhow I hate when some motherfucker comes into the chat and says hello or some shit then dont wait a full minute before leaving

sorta like people who ask a question and dont wanna wait for the answer

Also people who go through drive through in fast food joint and dont know what the fuck they want (oh gimme a minute...1 min later...hold on..)
Also people who are yakking on a fucking cell phone in drive thru (hold on I'm at [wherever] you want something; or occasionally there is the asshat that takes orders over the phone...or a carload who dont know what they want. Any of these people have no conideration for the people behind them in the line

On the other end of the spectrum there are those that are in such a fucking hurry, no one can move fast enough to suit them; they dont seem to fucking understand that you aint always thru in 30 secs, nor that if the person in the drivethrough booth is doing something else (taking an order, if they are ready to pay, or taking money if they are ready to order). They cannot wait 10 secs for their turn, the world revolves around them.

lastly there is the constantly irritated customer, this person is just an asshole all around (youre too slow here; I'm taking my business somewhere else; I always gotta wait when I come here). The bad part is this person keeps coming back, they never go somewhere else they just keep coming back and complaining.
Confidence comes in a brown bottle.

Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:15 am

You know the thing I hate most about drive through take away services? Is when you get someone on the other end of the box machine thing where you place you order, that can't speak English. And I don't mean just heavily accented so they are a little hard to understand. If you're going through a drive through at 1am in the morning and you haven't eaten yet and you stomach is growling loud enough you think there is a bear in the back seat and you repeat you order into the box 5 times, then drive around to the counter and have your order repeated back to you and it is still wrong, then repeating the order another 2-3 times, it is unacceptable! Yes we do live in a very multicultural world and fair enough to give these people a change to work and not sit on the dole living of my hard earned tax paying dollars, but come on! The level of satisfactory customer service is seriously dropping. If you want to work in Australia, and can't speak English, learn!

I had to call my bank the other day about a direct debit that was rejected over 3 cents, I got some dipshit on the phone from god knows were, telling me that the account cannot be overdrawn at all. when I asked why I *had* been able to overdraw by about $50, I was told once again that you cannot overdraw the account., when asked why I have been charged an overdraft fee (and that is what it says on the statement) if the account could not be overdrawn, I was once again told the account could not be overdrawn. By this stage I was getting rather pissed off, so as is my right, I insisted on speaking to a supervisor. The guy said a supervisor would not be able to help me as you cannot overdraw your account and would tell me the exact same thing. Now I've worked in customer service for about 8 years now and if someone asks for the supervisor, you get a supervisor, you do not question your customers request for a supervisor and practically tell them they are stupid for asking for a supervisor. Anyways, to wind up, I got the supervisor, the call had obviously gone from some overseas call center back to Australia and I got someone that could speak English! The limit on my account was put up and the overdraft fee and interest charges waved for the next 2 months. So it does pay to make a fuss.

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:52 am

have yet to experience the multi cultural effect in drive thru
Unless you are speaking of ebonics (or moronese) both of which some of my co-workers speak

I have however experienced it with my credit cards (if you speak indian or whatever the fuck, I am certian your name is not david)
the best part is when they start rambling off the terms when you activate the card. They read off 5 pages worth of script in 2 minutes which is hard enough for me to understand IF the person speaks good english.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:46 am

Well, Australia is, after all, the world's dumping ground for immigrants, which has helped us build this "beaautiful multicultural paradise" we enjoy in our fast food restaurants, gas stations, and convenience stores today...

I, too, am more than familiar with the "I know three words of English, I don't have a high school education, and the only job I'll ever have in this country is the drive through at McDonalds!" order taker. The concept of having to repeat my order at least half a dozen times is not foreign to me. I once got out of the car, walked up to the window, and had to point to the buttons on the register to show brainless bitch how to enter my order correctly, and I've never worked in a fast food place in my life.

The whole concept of drive-through food should be written off as a bad idea, I think. The employees hate it, the customers hate it, and all in all it's more of an inconvenience for everybody forced to participate in it (this, of course, excludes the store owners/upper management, who never have to deal with it!) than it's worth.

But then again, hell, the same can be said about phone tech support, online email tech support, retail services, or pretty much any industry where a person's job is to actually serve or help another person. The whole fucking world's gone down the crapper... and no, if I wanted fucking fries with that, I would have fucking asked for them.

People are shit.
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:45 pm

not too long ago, had someone call the house asking for my brother (which is odd because he doesnt live here, and never really did), and it was some indian telemarketer. First off, WHAT THE FUCK!? I sure as fuck aint gonna buy from a telemarketer, especially if I can't understand the asshole! After I said he wasn't here, he mumbled something in indian for about 10 seconds and hung up. Damn....

Can we cull the stupid people? Maybe without stupid people, non english speakers will not get jobs where english is required. Plus it'd be fun.

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:21 pm

Ambrosia wrote:... I've worked in customer service for about 8 years now and if someone asks for the supervisor, you get a supervisor, you do not question your customers request for a supervisor and practically tell them they are stupid for asking for a supervisor...
finally someone who understands what customer service is all about
really could use more people like you working in customer service

Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:27 am

Hero of the Day wrote:finally someone who understands what customer service is all about
really could use more people like you working in customer service
In this day and age, it really is a shit industry, no matter what side your on. I'm lucky, I've gotten to know the people I need to converse with through work and those that don't speak English well, I email, if I can’t understand you, I can’t do my job. To hell with company protocol!

StoneColdDano
Lonely Lamer

Post by StoneColdDano » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:23 pm

I just hate the public in general. I just argued with a guy for 20 min about why he was charged for his cellular service. You use the web and send text messages...you get charged for them...plain and simple....do I need to beat you over the head!?!
Kiss my ass...

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:28 pm

Customers can definately be as bad as employees, even from another customers point of view. I took my nephew to Burger King for his birthday, he was 4 at the time. 2 women and 2 men walked in, you could tell they were all a bit tipsy, they were in their early twenties and looked like spoiled suburban middle class brats with spending money courtesy of Mommy and Daddy. The girl at the counter was new and a bit slow, but not so slow as to be supid, she had been working less than an hour and was having to adjust to looking for the labels on the register. I didn't think it was a big deal. The 4 whiners decided they would cause a fuss about it and complained loudly, made fun of her, then when they started to make their order, deliberately started changing it to screw her up further.

"I want a whopper with cheese and a coke"
"Actually, I don't want onions on it."
"Oh, no mayo either"
"You know what, I think I do want mayonnaise, just no tomato."

Everytime she'd ring up what they wanted, they'd change their mind. She held up fairly well, although I wanted to slap them they made what would have been a reasonable wait and excrutiatingly long one and the line was backing up. Most of the customers weren't close enough to the counter to know what was going on, so the new girl started getting the blame. When I got to the counter she was trying to stay in control of herself but her hands were shaking, I had ordered a chicken sandwich and she accidentally pushed fish, you could tell she was rattled, she started apologizing profusely and trying to fix it, and I told her that she was ok and doing a good job and that I'd been where she was at more than once. She immediately broke down crying and her manager replaced her.

Finally making it to a table our little birthday celebration was disrupted by the 4 troublemakers. One of them got mad and threw his sandwich, they were loudly complaining about their service and started going up front repeatedly, one after the other to complain about their order not being right. What did they expect when they were purposely rattling the girl, the way they were shooting off their changes even a seasoned employee would have had a hard time with it. Finally, after two new sandwiches one of the men walked up to the counter and starts yelling at the new girl very loudly and pointing his finger at her. The shift manager looked to be about 18, was about 5'4" and wore thick glasses. He suddenly put one hand on the counter and hoisted his body weight over it to where he was standing directly in front of the bigger guy that was complaining and told him to leave. The bigger guy starts acting like he's going to get tough, but the manager doesn't back down or even flinch and tells him to leave or he's calling the police. The 4 idiots walked out the door, all of them grumbling loudly and threatening to call headquarters, but as they did so the rest of the customers started applauding!! The manager was red faced and embarrased and kind of took a little bow then scurried back to the kitchen! Most people offered to be contacted if headquarters was notified of the situation to tell them what they witnessed. The new girl just stood their with swollen eyes that were wide from shock! I saw her two nights later working at the local Wendy's!
Last edited by Mythic on Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always Dancing in the Shadows.

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:35 pm

Yeah...that kinda shit sucks...Now it's fun for a little bit on some people, but damn...they really dwelled on it...I'd staple them to the wall...

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:32 pm

Kristi wrote:I had ordered a chicken sandwich and she accidentally pushed fish, you could tell she was rattled, she started apoligizing profusely and trying to fix it, and I told her that she was ok and doing a good job and that I'd been where she was at more than once. She immediatly broke down crying and her manager replaced her.
So, what you're saying is, although those four assholes gave her a hard time, it was YOU that made her cry!! KRISTI'S SO MEAN!!! >=P

Man, I tell you, I'm like, the perfect customer. No small talk, no confusion, no hassles, same order each and every time which I can rattle off as fast or as slow as need be. Shit, I'm a creature of habit - every fast food order I'd ever have (I don't eat any these days besides Subway, but even when I did) was so precise and unchanging that I could have written it on a card and just flashed the card each time. Whenever they have to say "How are you today?" I always respond by rote "Fine thanks" so as not to confuse them. I respect that these people live in this sad little automated machine line world and that the easiest way to help them get through their monotonous days and awful lives is not to disrupt that flow. And I always say "Have a good day!" as I leave - even if it's 3am. =P

(Even though I'm aware of the irony of actually expecting that somebody with a job like that is going to actually have a good day, I still say that to them. =P)

But yeah, the problem with fast food is that the positions of authority are never filled by people with authority. It sounds like your guy there was a rare breed - most pimply scrawny teenage nerds with Coke-bottle glasses wouldn't have the sack to stand up to people like that. These franchises are always staffed with kids, being supervised/managed by kids who are maybe a year or two older who are only in the position because they've done their time in the trenches and have tenure, and the only adult involved is the store owner who never sets foot in the cesspit! =P

And you know what else gets me? When you see 70yr old security guards. So many places around here are guarded by one ancient pensioner at 3am. It makes me stop and think every time, if I, a 25yr old, 6'2", 220lbs man, wanted to start some shit, what the HELL could a decrepid rent-a-cop wearing incontinence underwear do about it, besides call the cops, which any store clerk could just do themselves? And that's just harmless ol' Ven with his bare hands - not even considering three black guys fucked up on meth wielding syringes full of AIDS blood around...

Uhmm.. I'm ranting again, aren't I? {shuts up and wanders off}
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:10 am

Venomous wrote: Man, I tell you, I'm like, the perfect customer...
I try to also, just makes things easier.
Venomous wrote: And you know what else gets me? When you see 70yr old security guards. So many places around here are guarded by one ancient pensioner at 3am. It makes me stop and think every time, if I, a 25yr old, 6'2", 220lbs man, wanted to start some shit, what the HELL could a decrepid rent-a-cop wearing incontinence underwear do about it, besides call the cops, which any store clerk could just do themselves?
I went to see an exhibit yesterday on titanic artifacts, and the security guard there was in his '70s, and like 5 foot tall. He'd just been walking around, keeping an eye on things, and after a bit he was winded.

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:37 am

occasionally (albeit rarely) we get a fuckup or two where I work (crackhead one time), if they cause too much of a scene we give them their money back and tell em to leave the premises. If they refuse we call the cops (theres a reason the local police get free food).

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:50 pm

Hero of the Day wrote:If they refuse we call the cops (theres a reason the local police get free food).
Aaaahh, I'd always wondered why that was, seems so obvious now that you mention it!! That's cool... I wanna be a cop now. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy