Where do television shows go?

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:45 am

cdoublejj wrote:Hm just and idea make your own inter net with a second phone line and tell those MOFOs to take some midol and shut the f*ck up. the only problem is tha'd be a bit costly.
Ah yes, there you go Keith, a true piece of invaluable CJJ wisdom - if you're not happy with your ISP, go ahead and "make your own internet".

{groans}

Keith, if you go ahead and take his advice, I call dibs on a bunch of good domains on your internet, like "internet.com" and stuff, so that when your internet becomes as big as the real internet, I can sell them and make billions. kkthxbai.
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:49 am

Oh man thanks Ven that was good laugh. A friend of my mom's was telling me you could make your own ip provider with second phone line.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:00 am

Your mom's friend is dumber than my cat. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:14 am

He isn't dumb, maby i was being dumb by not hearing correctly

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:26 am

cdoublejj wrote:He isn't dumb, maby i was being dumb by not hearing correctly
A very distinct possibility

What you could set up would be closer to an Intranet I believe. Just get a few friends and a bunch of computers, put some content on each and there ya go. The only two problems are it would suck donkey dick and you would need more than a phone line.
Confidence comes in a brown bottle.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:22 am

cdoublejj wrote:He isn't dumb, maby i was being dumb by not hearing correctly
Heh, as Jason pointed out, that could be an extremely likely possibility. =)

Also, I'm pretty sure that you couldn't even set up any kind of useful intranet with just a computer and a phone line, and it would totally suck balls and be mostly completely useless if you did.

So, either he's a retard, or you are. Either way, this is stupid.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:35 am

So it's totally impossible to connect to the internet with out at&t people-pc etc with a second phone line then?

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:20 am

cdoublejj wrote:So it's totally impossible to connect to the internet with out at&t people-pc etc with a second phone line then?
o.O ...?
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:23 am

cdoublejj wrote:So it's totally impossible to connect to the internet with out at&t people-pc etc with a second phone line then?
you retarded fucking idiot, earlier you were talking about CREATING YOUR OWN INTERNET. Of course you can connect to the internet using a phone line a modem and having a computer to connect through (service provider).

You go from one topic to the other, asking a dumb question to cover up a dumb idea.

Please tell me somehow your computer was stolen by crack addled chimpanzee, as that would explain ALOT.
Confidence comes in a brown bottle.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:20 pm

Hero of the Day wrote:Please tell me somehow your computer was stolen by crack addled chimpanzee, as that would explain ALOT.
You've got it mixed up... when his posts start sounding smarter, that's when you know that's probably happened...
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:01 am

Phonelines are restricted at a max speed of 53.3kbps by US regulations. To effectively become your own ISP, you need a T1 or better tapped directly into the backbone, which costs thousands per month to do anything like that.

So, please, shut the fuck up unless you have a damn clue of what the hell you're talking about.

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:23 am

Hero of the Day wrote:
you retarded fucking idiot, earlier you were talking about CREATING YOUR OWN INTERNET. Of course you can connect to the internet using a phone line a modem and having a computer to connect through (service provider).

You go from one topic to the other, asking a dumb question to cover up a dumb idea.

Please tell me somehow your computer was stolen by crack addled chimpanzee, as that would explain ALOT.
well by internet which i was speaking of very generally i meant your own service provider the question is it would probably be really slow.

any who how is that so i have a 1.5 mb/s connection dsl which runs through my phone jack and not a satellite

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:45 am

cdoublejj wrote:any who how is that so i have a 1.5 mb/s connection dsl which runs through my phone jack and not a satellite
DSL generally always runs through your phone line

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:54 am

huh, well now i know.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:27 pm

Assuming by "ISP", you mean the traditional definition of a provider of internet access to external customers, as opposed to the generic definition of "internet service provider", ie. anybody that provides any internet-related service, like web hosting or email forwarding, then yes, even with a DSL connection, any ISP you tried to run would be absolutely terrible, since you'd effectively be dividing that bandwidth up among every client you'd have.

As Keith said, you'd need a T1 at bare minimum, plus several thousands of dollars worth of modems/routers and land lines and servers and everything else, and in the end it's just a fucking ridiculously stupid idea. Not to mention that there are only about hundreds and hundreds of thousands of ISPs worldwide already so it's about the most insanely oversaturated industry that exists, so even if you had the money, it would be about as beneficial to just withdraw it in cash and set fire to it.

Could we maybe talk about something else here now? This thread couldn't get any stupider, I don't think.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy