Why did I create the SocDev forums?

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Venomous
Site Admin

Why did I create the SocDev forums?

Post by Venomous » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:00 pm

Something happened to me tonight that was a shining example of why I created the SocDev forums and run them the way I do...

I was posting in a thread on the EA Games forum for The Sims 2... somebody asked me a question, and I responded at great length. At one point in the post, I used the word "bulls#&t" - typed exactly like that, because I know most big corporate forums don't their users posting "foul language". {rolls eyes}

Anyway, another thread I was posting in turned up mysteriously deleted, so I went to double-check their forum rules to see what I could possibly have done for that to happen. I couldn't pick it, but I did notice another rule there - "Swearing via substitution of key letters with symbols is prohibited. (Example: If 'horse' were a swear word and it was posted as 'h****')".

So I flipped back to my other thread, and sure enough, the entire post containing the word "bulls#&t" had been deleted. Fucking hell. Talking about using a tac. nuke where a flyswatter would have sufficed!! These damn moderators have the power to Edit as well as Delete - would it not have been more tactful to just edit out the "offending word" and giving me a warning, rather than flat out deleting the whole goddamn post, of which that single word was only one tiny irrelevant part? It was my first infraction of the rules, after all!

Damn... I mean, I'm not saying that breaking the rules is right and that there should be no consequences for people who don't pay attention to what those rules are, but seriously... I couldn't even get that post back to repost without the rule breaking word, the Back button kept pulling the dynamically refreshed page version, and I didn't think I'd need to copy it to the clipboard or a text window at the time... and it was a fairly long post, which I can't be fucked writing again from scratch manually - that's just one of my pet hates.

That's why on Social Deviancy, I will not censor or moderate. I don't care if people get upset, I don't care if it limits my site from viewing by minors or gets blocked by some ISPs for its content. There is a thing called FREEDOM OF FUCKING SPEECH, and I believe people have the right to exercise it, especially on the goddamn internet...

So thankyou very fucking much, overzealous forum moderator on The Sims 2 board. Your trigger happy delete finger has really made my fucking day. I hope you just co-incidentally happen to be walking by if I'm ever feeling just as trigger happy - on a rooftop, with a sniper rifle. Shithead.
Last edited by Venomous on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Zoltan

Post by Zoltan » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:34 pm

Nicely put, man. Keep on shooting, I'll get you covered! :twisted:

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:25 pm

Ohhhhhhhhh, fucking walking egos. "Oh no, this post of over 500 words has ONE FUCKING WORD in it that I don't permit of my censorship pussywhipped board, I'm just gonna go toss my shiny 1337 mod powers around and show this person who's boss!" Fuckers.

They don't live on this little planet we like to call Earth... whatever happened to good ol'-fashioned logic? I think something was put into the world's water supply about 10 years ago, because they seem to be getting more fucked in the head as I go along in this life. Is it just me or are people getting more stupid? *shrug* Eh.

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:54 pm

Abso-fucking-lutely. Don't even get me started on the mentality (or lack thereof) of kids these days... they all seem to be stupid as shit, this "internet generation"... we're breeding a society of mindless drooling idiots that value censorship over correct spelling and common sense.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:19 pm

And you know what the most amusing part about that is? They said it would happen and still did it anyway. Kids these days... no respect.

Geeze, listen to me... :roll:

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:33 pm

Well, they also said that computers would eliminate paper waste, and save the world's rainforests and hence the environment and the world, too... not all predictions come true...

Besides, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to calculate that gluing a kid to a video game screen for ten hours a day with games that are all shooting aliens and no puzzle solving or logic or actual brain use, will result in a brainless idiot of a kid. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:16 pm

Especially when the parents of said braindead oxygen-robbers don't monitor their children correctly and allow them to run rampant and stupid and don't discipline them correctly... oh, I could go on forever. Send in Supernanny! Man, she rocks with the kids!

"Tha's no' a'septable!" Takes charge, takes no crap... man, I love her. And she doesn't want any kids herself! Fucking awesome. Anyway, I'm way off track.

But yeah, little shits that need to be slapped into place! All of them! Let them know true fear and watch them misbehave then... yeah, they won't. Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of violence! :twisted:

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:41 pm

Tyranny wrote:Especially when the parents of said braindead oxygen-robbers don't monitor their children correctly and allow them to run rampant and stupid and don't discipline them correctly... oh, I could go on forever. Send in Supernanny! Man, she rocks with the kids!
Oohhh, don't even get me started on weak-ass parenting, that's another rant that I could go on about for days and still not feel that I've made my point to my own satisfactions.

I say, it should be okay to beat your kids. It should be okay to beat other people's kids. Hell, it should be okay to beat random kids you see in malls and playgrounds. Bring back kid beating in our society!

Every time some asshole brings a lawsuit against a parent who gives their snot-nosed spoiled little shitrag of a kid a well-earned smack upside the head in a shopping mall, somewhere a fairy dies....
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Renae the Boozehound

Post by Renae the Boozehound » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:07 pm

Grr, argh, you're all definately onto something here! There's nothing worse than being in a shopping centre/on a train with some stupid screaming child throwing a very public tanty, only to hear their mum come up to them all polite-like and say "Now, Markus (for example), don't do that please..." and this of course having no effect or the opposite one - the kid either stays the same or gets even louder. I can't remember who it was, but some famous psychologist argued that kids cry out for discipline and that's the real reason they play up in the first place. Me? I reckon it's because they're stupid weeners just trying to get what they want, but there's not scientrific proof of that, unfortunately...

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:41 pm

Renae the Boozehound wrote:Grr, argh, you're all definately onto something here! There's nothing worse than being in a shopping centre/on a train with some stupid screaming child throwing a very public tanty, only to hear their mum come up to them all polite-like and say "Now, Markus (for example), don't do that please..." and this of course having no effect or the opposite one - the kid either stays the same or gets even louder. I can't remember who it was, but some famous psychologist argued that kids cry out for discipline and that's the real reason they play up in the first place. Me? I reckon it's because they're stupid weeners just trying to get what they want, but there's not scientrific proof of that, unfortunately...
It's simply the parent's fault for not establishing the boundaries. If a child isn't pulled up appropriately for whatever then it'll grow up to not ever pay attention to that fact and just continue playing up. Lax parenting... *huff* If you're not gonna take care and guide the child correctly don't fucking *have* them you neglectful selfish fuck. :D

T.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:02 pm

Tyranny wrote:It's simply the parent's fault for not establishing the boundaries. If a child isn't pulled up appropriately for whatever then it'll grow up to not ever pay attention to that fact and just continue playing up. Lax parenting... *huff* If you're not gonna take care and guide the child correctly don't fucking *have* them you neglectful selfish fuck. :D
A-fucking-men to that, sister T! I couldn't have put it better myself.

I mean damn, I was smacked upside the head, and upside the ass, and upside any other part of me that was within arm's reach when I was mouthing off to my parents as a kid, and it made me the fine upstanding citizen I am today!

Granted, I'm an arrogant self-righteous aloof cynical jaded angry son-of-a-bitch, but part of that is genetics and the rest is a result of my life experiences. One thing I'm not though, is a punkass drug addict criminal who is flushing his life down the shitter for a hit of crack, and I owe it all to my old man. Bless ya pops - I hated your fucking guts for it at the time, but in retrospect, your big hands made me what I am today. Rest in peace, you angry man. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:44 am

Venomous wrote:A-fucking-men to that, sister T! I couldn't have put it better myself.
I know. *buffs her nails on her shirt and looks at them* Coz you're not me. *blows on them and grins*
Venomous wrote:I mean damn, I was smacked upside the head, and upside the ass, and upside any other part of me that was within arm's reach when I was mouthing off to my parents as a kid, and it made me the fine upstanding citizen I am today!
*has a Monty Python flashback* A hand! You're lucky! When I were y'ung, we lived in a 'ole, and our father killed us before we went t' bed! You tell that t' the kids these days and they dooon' believe ye!

Seriously though, I was hit when I was insolent, smacked in the mouth by my mother when I backchatted her, or I wore the belt around the backs of the thighs... ooooooow. Tell you what, you learn *fucking* quick then! Still, you don't have to hit a child to get your point across. It's all in the intonation, the implication and the consistency. If you threaten something, you do it. If not, brat learns that you're a coward and you're never gonna deliver the punishments you say you will. Mind you, if you have a child like that, you've only yourself to blame.
Venomous wrote:Granted, I'm an arrogant self-righteous aloof cynical jaded angry son-of-a-bitch, but part of that is genetics and the rest is a result of my life experiences. One thing I'm not though, is a punkass drug addict criminal who is flushing his life down the shitter for a hit of crack, and I owe it all to my old man. Bless ya pops - I hated your fucking guts for it at the time, but in retrospect, your big hands made me what I am today. Rest in peace, you angry man. =)
You're also a Cancerian, which more than accounts for those loooovely traits of yours. I'd prefer to be addicted to smokes any day rather than that stupid shit.

Love ya, V.! *huggles*

T.
Last edited by Tyranny on Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:25 am

Tyranny wrote:I know. *buffs her nails on her shirt and looks at them* Coz you're not me. *blows on them and grins*
Oh, you have nails now? Well, glad to hear you finally got rid of those gnawed-to-the-knuckle jagged stubs you used to have. =P
Tyranny wrote:Seriously though, I was hit when I was insolent, smacked in the mouth by my mother when I backchatted her, or I wore the belt around the backs of the thighs... ooooooow. Tell you what, you learn *fucking* quick then! Still, you don't have to hit a child to get your point across. It's all in the intonation, the implication and the consistency. If you threaten something, you do it. If not, brat learns that you're a coward and you're never gonna deliver the punishments you say you will. Mind you, if you have a child like that, you've only yourself to blame.
Yeah, that's so true actually. Jokes aside, it's not that violence is a good way to raise kids, but the threat of violence, and the willingness to make good on that threat if you have to, works. It's not just kids, it's people in general. If you're all talk and no action, people very quickly learn that you're a pushover, and you'll get walked all over your whole life, be it as a parent, a friend, an employee, a lover, or whatever else. People have no conviction these days - everybody's all bluff and little results. It's pathetic. I say if you say you're going to do something, you damn well do it - no matter how big (or small!) the task is. Don't commit to something if you don't have the means, the inclination, the ability and the strength to carry it out.
Tyranny wrote:You're also a Cancerian, which more than accounts for those loooovely traits of yours. I'd prefer to be addicted to smokes any day rather than that stupid shit.
You'd prefer to be addicted to cigarettes than to being a Cancerian?! Riiiight... =P
Tyranny wrote:Love ya, V.! *huggles*
Awww, aint you a kwoote little sweetums? That's a far cry from the "affection" I normally get outta you! =P But I'm not complaining... =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Tyranny

Post by Tyranny » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:25 pm

Venomous wrote:Oh, you have nails now? Well, glad to hear you finally got rid of those gnawed-to-the-knuckle jagged stubs you used to have. =P
Yep. Oh! Heard a little something that might be quite appropriate here: why don't you go outside and play Hide N Go Fuck Yourself? :P
Venomous wrote:Yeah, that's so true actually. Jokes aside, it's not that violence is a good way to raise kids, but the threat of violence, and the willingness to make good on that threat if you have to, works. It's not just kids, it's people in general. If you're all talk and no action, people very quickly learn that you're a pushover, and you'll get walked all over your whole life, be it as a parent, a friend, an employee, a lover, or whatever else. People have no conviction these days - everybody's all bluff and little results. It's pathetic. I say if you say you're going to do something, you damn well do it - no matter how big (or small!) the task is. Don't commit to something if you don't have the means, the inclination, the ability and the strength to carry it out.
Precisely. Now if only the *rest* of the world knew...
Venomous wrote:You'd prefer to be addicted to cigarettes than to being a Cancerian?! Riiiight... =P
Actually... *ponders* :P
Venomous wrote:Awww, aint you a kwoote little sweetums? That's a far cry from the "affection" I normally get outta you! =P But I'm not complaining... =)
Hmmm.... I must've already been on the crack that day...

T.