Generation Gap - Random thought for the day...

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:57 pm

I'm the one wearing full camo right now buddy...

And If need be, I'll take off my black sweat-shirt that you painted the red X on...

:P

buh bye...

God my leg hurts, sitting on a bed crosslegged playing PS2 for hours with a thumb that hurts can take a toll on you, lol...

And Mike, I was not making fun of you, just relating what Jason did to you. Not making fun of you at all... Jesus...ya all need to quit being tight-asses...lol... :P :P :P :P

DOWN WITH ASIA!

*Hitler Salute*

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:16 am

MP81 wrote:And Mike, I was not making fun of you, just relating what Jason did to you. Not making fun of you at all... Jesus...ya all need to quit being tight-asses...lol... :P :P :P :P
Yeah, you'd rather we all had loose asses, so you could creep up on us while we sleep and stick your little pee-pee in them, wouldn't you Jailbait? =P
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:22 am

MP81 wrote:And Mike, I was not making fun of you, just relating what Jason did to you. Not making fun of you at all... Jesus...ya all need to quit being tight-asses...
Jason was never making fun of me nor did anything to me. If I missed some reference to me it certainly was not known by me.

We both made our points, atleast that's what I thought we did... :?:
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:27 am

Streetrodracer wrote:
MP81 wrote:And Mike, I was not making fun of you, just relating what Jason did to you. Not making fun of you at all... Jesus...ya all need to quit being tight-asses...
Jason was never making fun of me nor did anything to me. If I missed some reference to me it certainly was not known by me.
You know what's scary - I actually understood what he meant by that... I certainly can see that he used the wrong grammar/wording to express it, but I see what he was trying to say!

This is scary... I've learnt to speak Jailbaitian! =/
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:24 pm

Yipee!

Mike, when did I say Jason was making fun of you?

I said that you and Jason were bitching against rules that don't exist. :P

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:11 pm

MP81 wrote:Mike, I was not making fun of you, just relating what Jason did to you.
Only Ven can understand that quote..
MP81 wrote:I said that you and Jason were bitching against rules that don't exist.
This one I can..

But isn't this a pointless argument?
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:15 pm

Yes.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:18 pm

Streetrodracer wrote:
MP81 wrote:Mike, I was not making fun of you, just relating what Jason did to you.
Only Ven can understand that quote..
Allow me to clear this up, if for no other reason than because I can.

Mike, you interpreted this sentence to mean "I was not making fun of you, just making a reference to what Jason had done to you", which, the way Jailbait worded it, was the most logical interpretation to draw from that sentence. But what he meant to say was, "I was not making fun of you, just drawing a parallel between what Jason had done, to what you had done recently also". It was a reference to how Jason was saying "Fuck you if you don't like me breaking the rules!" in regards to off-topic posting, just like you had recently implied something similar in regards to double-posting - neither of which are actually considered "against the rules" here on SocDev.

The poor choice of words that threw it out were "relating what Jason did". The fact that that could be interpreted two ways changed the whole meaning of the sentence. =P
Streetrodracer wrote:But isn't this a pointless argument?
Hahahah, show me one argument on this forum, or the SR3 forum - or any damn forum, for that matter, that isn't pointless!! =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:14 pm

"Arguing online is like the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

I've had some arguements, online, with points to them, but not many. Most afterwards, I was just like "Man I wasted my time..."

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:31 pm

Hellmark wrote:"Arguing online is like the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"
Hahahahahah... ohh, dude, this is the best quote I've heard in years!! Put this in your sig!! Hahah....
Hellmark wrote:I've had some arguements, online, with points to them, but not many. Most afterwards, I was just like "Man I wasted my time..."
It's one thing to have an argument where one party thinks they have a point, or even where both parties think they have a point but the points conflict and the argument is about making the other person try and see their side... but that's a different concept to there actually being a real point to the argument in the end... =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:56 am

Usually, by the end, the point of things are gone. What really burns me, and you see this more often online, is when people flat out ignore to see the possibility that there is another view point other than their own.

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:18 pm

I'm always right and I know it and the sooner more people start to see that, the sooner this world will be a more peaceful place!!

For example, I told my mother it was going to rain last week and she kept arguing with me telling me that it was not going to.....what do you know?? One week later it did. =P {Picks up phone to say I told you so}
Always Dancing in the Shadows.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:02 pm

Kristi wrote:I'm always right and I know it and the sooner more people start to see that, the sooner this world will be a more peaceful place!!
I'm working on a thesis which dictates that a certain percentage of the human race are "always right", but these people break down into subgradients and varying degrees of always right.

Take yourself for example, Kristi. When dealing with a normal people, or somebody lesser on the "always right" scale than you, you're always right.

However, when dealing with me, you're always wrong - because I'm "always right" too, but I have a much higher Always Right Quotient than you do. It's like a superpower we can only use on those lesser than us. And of course mortals. =P

Well, it's a theory in progress, anyway... =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:27 pm

Sounds more like super-ego than superpower to me....and I'm right on this so don't argue!
Always Dancing in the Shadows.

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:11 pm

Hellmark wrote:Usually, by the end, the point of things are gone. What really burns me, and you see this more often online, is when people flat out ignore to see the possibility that there is another view point other than their own.

dude that happens alot in real life too. Take a good hard look at the big argument that is brewing about intelligent design

oh btw speaking of intelligent design: http://www.venganza.org/