Generation Gap - Random thought for the day...

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Venomous
Site Admin

Generation Gap - Random thought for the day...

Post by Venomous » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:29 pm

Society always loves to label everything... especially generations of people... more marketing has gone into targeting the Baby Boomers generation than any other demographic... and then we had Generation X... which, in a stroke of creative genius, was followed less enthusiastically by Generation Y and Generation Z... and I don't even know WHAT they're calling kids these days, but it's probably a really annoying sound buzz term...

Anyways, I just had a random thought... back in the good old days, they used to label the "typical" American family - the working husband, the stay at home wife and mom, 2.4 kids, a dog, a station wagon and a white picket fenced house in the suburbs - as the "Nuclear Family".

So I was thinking... in today's society, that now probably makes up a minority of families. Now we have family types that would have been virtually unheard of in the 1950's and 60's - the Deadbeat Dad family, the Johnny Has Two Mommies family, the I Have A New Family Each Month (American social services) family, the My Sister Is My Mom (Jerry Springer!) family, the Daddy is in Jail and Mommy Prostitutes Herself To Pay for her Crack Habit family, and so on...

So, if back in the day, the average American family was referred to as the "Nuclear Family", should any of these above examples, or perhaps all of them and more, be referred to as the "Post-Nuclear Family" (aka. "Chernobyl Family", "Fallout Family", etc.)? >=)

Just a thought for the day...
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:44 pm

Venomous wrote:the Johnny Has Two Mommies family
Haha...That's a good one.

Ya know what's sad? They're putting those in children's books, and the Kindergarten teachers are giving them to the children... One picture shows like the kids playing in the back yard and two married lesbian women there too...

This Aint Massachusets or San Fransisco here... This is Michigan, one of the anti-gay-marraige states...or so I've heard...

Here's what I say to all gay-marriage-wanters... get a room, and stay there, and don't come around me. :P

Hypocrites, eh Karl? :mrgreen:

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:39 pm

MP81 wrote:This Aint Massachusets or San Fransisco here...
You've got a problem with Massachusetts??
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:31 am

Yes, one.

The fact they allow Gay Marriage.

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:36 am

I personally have no problem if gay people want to marry. If they want to screw their lives up just as much as heterosexual people can, why not let them. I know some various gay couples, and way things are now, if anything were to happen to one of them, the other would have absolutely no say over things. Not to mention all sorts of different fucked up things. Also note, that not all gay people are flaming, and also that some straight people flame just as much, if not more than, gay people.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:06 am

Hellmark wrote:I personally have no problem if gay people want to marry. If they want to screw their lives up just as much as heterosexual people can, why not let them. I know some various gay couples, and way things are now, if anything were to happen to one of them, the other would have absolutely no say over things. Not to mention all sorts of different fucked up things. Also note, that not all gay people are flaming, and also that some straight people flame just as much, if not more than, gay people.
Gotta say here, Keith makes a good point - if us straight folk should have to suffer the trials and tribulations of marriage, why should gay people get to avoid it? =P They shouldn't get to avoid the nightmarish concept of eternal wedlock just because they're gay... that wouldn't be fair on straight couples! =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:41 pm

They say that all men are created equal, and thats one inequality there!

Edit: w00tar! 100 baby!
Last edited by Hellmark on Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:48 pm

Hellmark wrote:They say that all men are created equal, and thats one inequality there!
Hey Keith dude, congrats - you just hit your hundredth post, officially making you the highest posting user on the board! Good work man... =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:35 pm

Besides you...

Yeah, I like how you put it Ven...

Maybe straight folk shouldn't marry, then gay people would have to :twisted:

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:52 pm

fuck now yall getting into this gay marriage shit...
fucking society is all labels: Red state or Blue; Liberal or Conservative; pro choice or pro life; and countless other ones that I cant be bothered to think of. Venomous is making a good point, finally someone who sees part of the fucking reason american society and the american way of life is going down the shitter. The damn mexicans are moving in, and the chinese are buying the fucking country (china is the #1 or #2 non domestic purchaser of us goverment bonds). Somewhere along the way america lost its balls, we are playing policeman in Irag, when we should have dealt with Iran, we refuse to take a hard line with china (currency manipulation, intellectual property, etc). Oh and lets not forget the most fucked up part: we cant take care of our own people, we can send more money and resources for a tsunami on the other side of the world that we can for hurricane victims in our own fucking country. And the Neo Consversatives (right wing nut jobs) act like gay marriage is a bigger fucking problem.

(fyi my mood today is in part due the fact that a lying thieving crook just got reelected)

and if you dont think this is on topic or whatever : THEN FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:32 pm

one thing that I cannot understand is:

WHY THE GOV'T HAS AN INTEREST IN THE CHURCH?

As imposed by our Bill of Rights, etc we are not to merge church with government. IMO - This is why things are fucked up.

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:43 pm

Hero of the Day wrote:we refuse to take a hard line with china
Actually, since Big Brother correctly says China is undervaluing "speed" parts they're making and shit like that, a 22% tarriff is hoping to be added to the price of their good... I <3 Made in USA!!! (Made in Japan for Electronics is awesome too, just not made in China...or Taiwan or Indonesia, etc.)
Hero of the Day wrote:(fyi my mood today is in part due the fact that a lying thieving crook just got reelected)
Yeah, Kwame is a douchebag...(his name is sweet though... kwAMME!)... Maybe he can buy his wife ANOTHER $70,000 Lincoln Navigator and say it's a police car. Yeah, sure, and my $660,000 Ferrari Enzo is a police car too! NOT!
Hero of the Day wrote:and if you dont think this is on topic or whatever : THEN FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Once again, the same case as Mike, please find a rule that exists before bitching about one.

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:18 pm

MP81 wrote:Once again, the same case as Mike, please find a rule that exists before bitching about one.
you bitching about me again?? I will hunt you down!

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:48 pm

Whoah, what have I started here? I just wanted to make a funny joke about the Post-Fallout Family... =P

Not that I don't complete agree with what you're all saying here, though. It's not just the USA either, it's the whole of western civilization. The world's going to hell at a phenomenal rate, and our so-called "world leaders" just sit back and say "Mmm, that's nice dear..".

It's 2005 now, and still nobody's found Osama bin Laden... North Korea said to the UN "Hey fuck you guys, we're gonna build nukes!", and nobody bombed their asses... and ol' Saddam is securely imprisoned in "a secret location", kicking back in his bathrobe eating Doritos and watching daytime TV... man, what kind of cruel and unusual punishment is this?! You kill American soldiers, we put you on welfare!

At some point along the path, America suddenly decided to bend over and start taking it in the ass, and all the other countries who previously took it in the ass from America (Australia, England, etc. - the "Coalition") followed suit. So while we keep policing Iraq to make it look like we're not just sitting in our hands, we're laying vulnerable to another kind of invasion - not a frontal assault of troops on the battlefield, but the sneaky immigration invasion, where Asian countries that have grown rich on our need to get products cheaper, nastier, and faster, turn around and buy our land out from under us...

It's not uncommon for some to already refer to the region of Australia as "Australasia". How long will it be until America becomes knows as "Americasia"?

Man, I sound like some kind of white supremacist group leader trying to incite his troops into a race war here... =P But it's not about race... it's about culture, and it's about national identity. People are always going on about how beautiful cultural diversity in society is, but apparently only when referring to when other cultures add their diversity to ours... never mind that the American culture, and the Australian culture, are slowly being eroded in the process. That's not cultural diversity. That's cultural invasion.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:55 pm

Hero of the Day wrote:and if you dont think this is on topic or whatever : THEN FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Fuck me, eh? I don't think this is "on topic". I don't give a shit, but I acknowledge that it's not. So fuck me eh? =P
MP81 wrote:Once again, the same case as Mike, please find a rule that exists before bitching about one.
Man, so much angst... people don't know how to react when there's no rules restricting them, so they rage against rules that don't exist instead to make them feel better. =)
Streetrodracer wrote:you bitching about me again?? I will hunt you down!
{paints a big red X on Kyle's back, and offers Mike a night scope and some camo gear} =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy