Nickname / Identity Theory

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
SuperEgo
Kick me, I'm a n00b!

Nickname / Identity Theory

Post by SuperEgo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:28 pm

I think that one's nickname can be the Thor's hammer of one's identity.

In the movie "Divergent", the male protagonist goes by the nickname "Four", symbolizing his four fears. In a way, he chose to be defined by his fears, when he instead could have defined himself in whichever other way he wanted. But his fears meant a lot to him.. which resulted in the emergence of such a nickname that he held near and dear to his identity.

Nicknames are capable of "pigeon-holing" someone, in a way that can be either positive for them, or negative.
In this thread, I would like to focus on the nicknames that one ascribes for himself/herself.

Background:
Although I am now autonomous, secure and content, my past was replete with perennial bullying. Every day during school, for 4 consecutive years, I was the target of mockery of 4 guys who pushed me around, hit me, and even spat in my face once in the middle of a classroom while all 30 of my classmates watched in pity. When the spit landed right beneath my eye, the color drained from my face in a matter of milliseconds. I looked down at my shoes slowly as my bullies took one step forward, cornering me. I furrowed my brow, and stood there motionless as my ego disintegrated after the warped humiliation took its course. 30 minds witnessed me being degraded..

These experiences, I believe, made me who I am. Whether I wanted to or not, I developed a deep affinity for wanting to make others feel warm and comfortable with me from the moment we first meet. I can't imagine pushing others down for no reason, and if I ever did such a thing, my conscience would be QUICK to flood with a hyper-sharp feeling of intense sadness and sorrow.
In a way, I believe that I don't have free will in this regard, as my limbic system has created a self-correcting mechanism that is too daunting to ignore.

Hence, my nickname.

Does your nickname have any personal meaning to you?

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:37 am

I really loved that movie. Best movie I had seen in years, I dare say.

For me, an internet pseudonym is not so deeply emotionally rooted. The first pseudonym I ever chose was "Dragon Lord", on the first [wiki]Bulletin board system[/wiki] I ever logged onto, long before the Internet was a public common thing. I chose it simply because I liked dragons.

This nick, Venomous, that I use here, is not my "main" alias on the internet today. I use it solely to separate my SocDev presence from my more commonly known ego online today. Though it wouldn't be hard with a little Googling to determine what my main alias is, and in fact, my real name, phone number, and general geographic location are, I like to imagine that Venomous is a unique entity where I can speak freely of my thoughts without the repercussions of associating myself with my real name and information thereof.
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:43 pm

Sounds like I have a movie I need to watch this year. As for my nickname, I was kind of struggling to choose what name to pick for myself before I registered. I was doubting between names such as Cockroach, Conan the Crusher, Stinkbreath, Sharkbite, Cancerous Growth, Gangrene, and Professional Asshole. In the end I figured these kind of names will only distract from my posts, so I decided to just pick a very simple, ordinary name. I don't regret my decision.
SuperEgo wrote:Although I am now autonomous, secure and content, my past was replete with perennial bullying. Every day during school, for 4 consecutive years, I was the target of mockery of 4 guys who pushed me around, hit me, and even spat in my face once in the middle of a classroom while all 30 of my classmates watched in pity.
I am kind of surprised you were bullied for that long. How is it even possible these guys harassed you during class? They make such a big deal out of bullying these days, I know for certain if someone tried to pick on a student in any school in Europe or America, they'd be in so much trouble. Or are things different where you live?

Whatever the case, the way your background story connects to your nickname is intriguing. It reminds me of the movie Batman Begins, who was terrified of bats, so he decided to make his fear his symbol and become the batman.

spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1

Post by spirochete » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:14 am

I too had a great deal of bullying carried out on me during various stages of my life. At the age of 10, it was so bad I did consider killing myself. I went to the same high school in years 7 to 9 as the people who did this in primary school (hard to avoid in a country town), who kept up the bullying, and I would occasionally physically fight back unexpectedly. I moved to a city after that, and went to a different school, and it gave me the chance to start fresh, grow a harder shell, make a new group of acquaintances, and some awesome friends who are still a big part of my life. It also meant I met my current partner of almost 18 years.

I left a job because I was being bullied not that long ago.

These days, I don't unprovokedly pick on anyone unless it is part of a known inside joke, or are nasty people who are up themselves in an offensive way to me. I no longer fight, but I do have a certain amount of anger and bravado if I feel someone is being wronged. I have been punched in the face for this.

I have had only a small handful of aliases over the years. The one I use here I had just thought of before I joined, and isn't used elsewhere.

A Spirochete (one spelling) is a form of bacteria that moves around using a spiral (screw) propeller that runs the whole length of its structure. This also allows for burrowing, and is most commonly is associated with Lyme disease and syphilis. Spirochetes destroy the body's organs by burrowing through them in great numbers. In the case of the brain, they slowly destroy its physical structure, sending the diseased person slowly and irreversibly insane. This concept was introduced to me by reading "Breakfast of Champions", a novel by Kurt Vonnegut (my favourite author, R.I.P.), where a main character heads towards insanity during the story due to syphilis.

It doesn't have any special meaning to me, I just find it to be a very interesting concept.
Eastern block robot cowboy

spirochete

Post by spirochete » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:52 am

It may not be obvious from my rants against jackie's posts, but I really do consider myself to be a gentle person. I don't like to piss people off, and I generally try to take the path of least resistance, trying not to affect others in a negative way. I am very accepting, I have a lot of love for my friends and family. I love animals, and am amazed by the universe. I put a lot of thought into how I am and what I do. I can often be overly sensitive. My friends would tell you the same.

The reason I have railed against opinions of others is generally because I find certain views to be damaging, intolerant, alienating, judgemental or just plain wrong. I am all for free speech (hence my presence on this forum), but if I come across views such as those Imentioned, I see no reason to hide my strong opposition to them. I see that as a way to exercise my own right to free speech.

SuperEgo
Kick me, I'm a n00b!

Post by SuperEgo » Thu May 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Venomous Wrote:
I really loved that movie. Best movie I had seen in years, I dare say.
Did you tear up during some of the movie's scenes? Honestly now..
Venomous Wrote:
it wouldn't be hard with a little Googling to determine what my main alias is
Wild goose chase, if you ask me.
Hmm, what is your main alias Venomous?
Jackie Wrote:
I was doubting between names such as Cockroach, Conan the Crusher, Stinkbreath, Sharkbite, Cancerous Growth, Gangrene, and Professional Asshole
Stinkbreath? Really?
Jackie Wrote:
Whatever the case, the way your background story connects to your nickname is intriguing. It reminds me of the movie Batman Begins, who was terrified of bats, so he decided to make his fear his symbol and become the batman.
It is indeed poetic. So, what are you afraid of Jackie?

Spirochete, first of all, that is a very nice nickname, because of the imagery it elicits. I imagine a swarm of spirochetes very strategically invading the target cells and taking control of the situation.
Very small, yet very powerful. Almost symbolic of the boy you were, that has now acquired the skills and intelligence necessary to become a force to be reckoned with.

I must say, I don't like seeing you and Jackie disagree so much. You both seem to be decent, intelligent individuals. (I'm actually sure that Jackie is)

Venomous, could we start a thread solely for the purpose of reconciling Jackie and Spirochete?

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:48 pm

SuperEgo wrote:
Jackie wrote: I was doubting between names such as Cockroach, Conan the Crusher, Stinkbreath, Sharkbite, Cancerous Growth, Gangrene, and Professional Asshole
Stinkbreath? Really?

I don't know, man, it seems like something I would pick at the time. I don't exactly remember what names I had in mind.
SuperEgo wrote:It is indeed poetic. So, what are you afraid of Jackie?

My worst fear is that I become a well adjusted, respected member of society. I know how the world wants me to be: a man who has a good job, working at the office, who is liked by his colleagues, his boss proud of his work efficiency and general ethics. A man who has a family, who has a nice, decent wife and a few good kids. Everyone in his neighborhood likes him, he is always good mannered, he never says anything that might upset someone else, he always does exactly what is expected of him. He pays his taxes, he always smiles to people and greets strangers in a friendly manner, he even helps old grannies cross the streets. Yes, he is a man who makes the first world proud for he is the archetype of the ideal man, the perfect citizen.

I better not allow this fear to get the better of me.
SuperEgo wrote:Spirochete, first of all, that is a very nice nickname, because of the imagery it elicits. I imagine a swarm of spirochetes very strategically invading the target cells and taking control of the situation.
Very small, yet very powerful. Almost symbolic of the boy you were, that has now acquired the skills and intelligence necessary to become a force to be reckoned with.

I imagine a swarm of spirochetes destroying social deviancy from the inside out. It's a fitting name, because she's more or less doing exactly that.
SuperEgo wrote:I must say, I don't like seeing you and Jackie disagree so much. You both seem to be decent, intelligent individuals. (I'm actually sure that Jackie is)

Venomous, could we start a thread solely for the purpose of reconciling Jackie and Spirochete?

The chief in town hasn't responded to this yet, so he probably feels the same way about it as I do. I almost burst out in laughter. It's funny and absurd. I approve of your suggestion.

spirochete

Post by spirochete » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:38 pm

Jackie, why do you persist with referring to me as 'she', when you know full well I am not female? You are a troll, plain and simple.

Superego, it seems we share certain experiences.

I don't see the need to make a thread for the purpose of reconciliation for jackie and myself. They continually prove themselves to stand for what I disagree with.

There is nothing wrong with becoming a functioning member of society, but all the other stuff is completely optional. Friends and family are important though, at least to me.

spirochete

Post by spirochete » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:43 pm

How exactly am I destroying the thread? By contributing and giving my candid opinions? Or maybe you just can't handle someone disagreeing with your contrarian antisocial opinions.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:26 am

SuperEgo, remember the rule here - there is no such thing as a taboo. You can post literally whatever you want. You don't need my permission to start a new thread, nor approve it's topic or content. If you want to try and reconcile these two characters in a thread of its own, please don't let anybody stop you. But the responses to your suggestion seem to imply that the involved parties have no interest in participating in such a thing! =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Well, SuperEgo thinks it's a good idea. I like the idea too. Spirochete might say no, but we all know when a woman says 'no', she actually means 'yes'.

You know what that means? The Spirochete vs Jackie thread will be started, one way or another. So who wants to have the honor? SuperEgo, I think you should make the topic. You came up with the idea after all. You know what be great? If Venomous acted as the referee, announcing the whole thing like a boxing match. “In the blue cornerrrrrrr, we have...” And after either of us managed to put forth a good argument, he'd comment something like “Oh, a mean left hook by Jackie!” Man, that would be awesome.
spirochete wrote:Jackie, why do you persist with referring to me as 'she', when you know full well I am not female?
You made it pretty obvious you are a middle-aged, cranky woman. You can't fool me, you're not the first on the web to lie about your gender. It's usually men who pretend to be women, though. Which makes you all the more creepy.

spirochete

Post by spirochete » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:38 pm

I am not a woman, nor am I middle aged. You really should stop it. You are going out of your way to be an asshole.

Check the forum rules.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:21 pm

spirochete wrote:I am not a woman, nor am I middle aged. You really should stop it. You are going out of your way to be an asshole.

Check the forum rules.
Dude's got a point, bro. It's even in the original rules post that predates all of you. I quote below in case you're too lazy to click:-
Venomous wrote:To summarize, for those of you who need it in small words:-

1) Don't post anything illegal that will get me into trouble for having it on the site.
2) Don't go out of your way to be an asshole and cause trouble.

We only have two types of user here: unrestricted, and banned. Please decide in advance which type of user you wish to be before posting.

Oh, and legitimate arguments/debates/flamewars are fine, but please keep them to the "Blood & Fire" forum so that people who don't give a crap about your opinions don't have to put up with them. Regular threads that become flamewars may also be moved there by admin, repeat regular offenders see above.
So, fair call. Naturally I'm not going to censor you (Jackie) or anybody else, but can I at least ask that you try to get along? Freedom of speech doesn't mean constantly being a prick and trying to piss people off. Let's just agree that spirochete is not a woman and drop it, or I'll have to start moving such threads to Blood & Fire soon enough.

Thank you for your understanding. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:23 pm

"Don't go out of your way to be an asshole and cause trouble" can mean a thousand different things depending on which person you ask, and what mood they're in. You guys can refer to the rules if you want, but you can't pretend I'm doing something that is specifically forbidden in the policy. It doesn't say I can't call someone a woman. Nor is there anything else that says harassing or annoying other members isn't allowed. Quite the contrary. Venomous, my forum post you added recently to the rules gives both myself and many other future members the impression that being a dick to each other is fine. If you're now saying that's not the case, then you better remove that post again. Otherwise you'll be misleading people. When I wrote it I thought a little conflict between our members wouldn't be a problem. Hence why the goat sex joke. Well, my bad. Guess I got it wrong, no?

If we're going to be picky about rules, at least make sure the charges correspond to what is actually written in the policy. The rules don't say anything about what I did. You know what the rules do say? This comes straight from what you just quoted, Venomous, so pay attention.
Venomous wrote:Oh, and legitimate arguments/debates/flamewars are fine, but please keep them to the "Blood & Fire" forum so that people who don't give a crap about your opinions don't have to put up with them.
Is spirochete ranting and complaining about me in the middle of the thread here, which could easily have completely derailing the actual topic if I would have replied to that crap? Sure looks like it. Does that violate the rule I quoted above? You bet. You may call it an argument or debate, I call it off-topic spam, it's exactly what ruins a thread.

Is spirochete ranting and complaining about me in this topic too? Looks like that's the case alright. Sure, I took a stab at her first, (ooops, did I say the forbidden word?) but is that a reason to go whining about it, and derail a thread? No. You know what that sort of behavior is called on most forums? Vandalism. Or thread hijacking. If you want to have an argument or rant about this sort of thing, make a dedicated thread for it, in the Blood and Fire board, as is written in the... well, THE RULES perhaps? Yes, it says exactly that in the registrations, literally. I would laugh about this sort of irony if I wasn't so disappointed.

Now, do I go whining like a little crybaby about the fact that spirochete is breaking the rules? No. Do go off-topic in the middle of a thread to complain about a certain specific member when it's totally inappropriate? No. Not even if I'm being taunted. That's just not how I roll. No one likes such childish behavior. Actually, you should be might damn proud of me for the incredible restraint I've showed.

Look Venomous, I don't know to what extend you're aware of what is going on on this forum, or if you've been half asleep this past half year, but if we're going to start talking about problematic and irritating behavior, I'm wondering how you feel about the posting antics of spirochete the last few months. Let me explain.

You know the article I wrote on babies? It was, and still is a good article with a lot of social and legal issues and has great potential to evoke an interesting discussion. Spirochete was the first to reply, and god what a reply that was. A sad demeaning one liner that takes five seconds to write. Exactly the sort of thing I'd expect of someone who tries to put someone down out of bitterness, without actually reading anything. After we did start up an actual discussion to debate the topic, spirochete then goes on to misinterpret my story and twist my words, whine about semantics, and insult me. Basically, she's stuck in the “I'm right, you're wrong'' mentality. She goes against everything I say for the heck of it. Spirochete is deliberately searching for any possible flaw in my posts –- whether they're there or not –- to make me look bad and complain about me, exactly in the same kind of manner like the vandalism I described above. You know what the result is? I don't feel like replying anymore. There are still more points I'd like to address, and I'd genuinely want to have a discussion, even with someone who disagrees with me, but there is clear difference between someone who actually wants to have a discussion and tries to understand someone else's point of view, or someone who just wants to put a member down out of spite. It's impossible to discuss anything if the other doesn't actually listen, and goes nitpicking because they're to emotional to be able to reason.
It's the same story with the topic on dreams. Possibly the best thread we've seen all year, but now that spirochete is posting in it I've lost my desire to continue posting there myself. Same story for the Tourette's article. There are more things I'd like to share and explain on these kind of topics, but knowing that spirochete is around to ruin the discussion, I'm not going to bother.

Now, I'd like to hear from as many people as possible, is this issue I'm describing MY problem or spirochete's problem?

I mean don't get me wrong, I really want to discuss things with everyone, it doesn't matter to me how much everyone hates me. They call me names all they want. They can vilify me and fabricate lies to make me look bad. I don't care. But when someone is going to stifle a discussion by barging into a thread, and twist my words and then pull stunts like asking me why I think something I never said, well, the discussion is over as far as I'm concerned. This is actually a very serious problem. Discussion ought to be encouraged. Spirochete is inhibiting discussions, which is harmful to the community. How about we start addressing that problem?

There's more. It wasn't long after I posted the Nordic walking thread that spirochete made a thread with a very similar title. What's up with that? Plagiarism? Stealing my idea in a sad attempt to get attention? It's truly sad. No, that's definitely not a coincidence.

Have you at all noticed spirochete loves to double post and triple post like a professional spammer?
And did you know spirochete likes to call me names? I'm not allowed to call her a woman, but she can throw insults my way. Right? Did you notice spirochete is consistently referring to me as 'they'? But I'm not allowed to call spirochete a 'she'. Right?
Venomous wrote:Thank you for your understanding. =)
Yeah, I think I understand what's going on, Ven. I'm getting the impression you wish to avoid conflict among the members. Is that it? Being an asshole to other members is a problem? Are you one of these “Attack the idea, not the person” guys? If that is indeed what you read into these rules you quoted, well great, but that's not what it actually says. Flamewars, debates and arguments between members aren't allowed, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting, and I've been doing that quite well so far.

The post I made about the Eurovision songfestival last year was moved to Blood & Fire. You said it violated the rules, and yeah, no shit, everyone helped along to attack me instead of having a discussion. As soon as I started to point out this problem and replied back, your loyal assistant stepped in and suggests moving the thread, and you actually complied. It's a good example of how easy it is to illegitimately take advantage of a situation. This infraction that's being pushed on me right now is a very similar kind of situation, it's just a different person, who uses a different excuse to try to hinder me as much as possible out of spite. I'm kind of disappointed you allowed yourself to be manipulated so easily by spirochete. I have enemies who are far worse, who are more dangerous, more manipulative and more skilled at blackmailing and lying, and such people will go a lot further to get me off this site. What's going to happen when they arrive? If you're going to be just as careless when the shit hits the fan for real, I can see things escalating very fast, with the end result that I'll be gone here for good, and then what? Pray that people like spirochete help to push Social Deviancy forwards? I'm having to defend myself here yet again, for such a petty issue. I had expected you to flip off spirochete for being such a low-life swine. Spirochete is a much bigger asshole than I am at the moment. More importantly, the future of this entire site is being endangered if this sort of behavior is tolerated. That's quite a bit more serious than when one member is bothered with being called a woman. What spirochete is doing is several orders of magnitude worse.
Venomous wrote:can I at least ask that you try to get along?
Well, if in the extremely unlikely chance that spirochete has both the desire and the capacity to put the spitefulness towards me aside, and actually listen to what I say so we can have a thoughtful discussion every once in a while, that would actually be a possibility. But let's not keep our hopes up for a miracle.
I have a more realistic proposal. A two-sided reply ban: I will not be allowed to reply to spirochete's threads or posts, spirochete won't be allowed to reply to mine. Seems extreme, right? But that would definitely work. And it would very much improve the atmosphere and safeguard the future of SD for a while. I can't think of a better alternative, because at some point you have to protect the site for its own good.

As for the demand that as of right now I stop calling spirochete a woman, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Forget it. If you want to press charges against someone for being a prick, you have to make sure you're not a much bigger prick yourself next time. Yeah, I'm talking about you, spirochete. You come across like a sneaky backstabber to me, and I have no doubt you've sent Venomous some personal messages to complain about this issue to speed up the infraction process before I could intervene.

Get your act together, guys... the management of this site is rather inconsistent and messy. I'm not the only one who noticed this. I'd hate to see this place die thanks to some ill-spirited jerks and poor management, but I'm getting more and more doubts about the future of SD. Most of all, I have doubts if I will be part of that future.

spirochete

Post by spirochete » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:53 pm

I would like to make some points.
Jackie wrote: You guys can refer to the rules if you want, but you can't pretend I'm doing something that is specifically forbidden in the policy. It doesn't say I can't call someone a woman.
You realise that Venomous is the creator of the site, and Moderator, yes? As far as I am concerned, if that's what they say, it goes. Their rules, their interpretation. Calling someone something against their wishes is bullying. Straight up.
Jackie wrote:Is spirochete ranting and complaining about me in the middle of the thread here, which could easily have completely derailing the actual topic if I would have replied to that crap? Sure looks like it. Does that violate the rule I quoted above? You bet. You may call it an argument or debate, I call it off-topic spam, it's exactly what ruins a thread.
I was directly responding to the current conversation in that topic at that time. I am allowed to do that.
Jackie wrote: A sad demeaning one liner that takes five seconds to write.
Just because you write a long article about a topic, doesn't mean that I have to reply the same way. I read your article, and I really disagreed with it. I used free speech to speak out against it, something you seem to think prevents your free speech.
Jackie wrote: there is clear difference between someone who actually wants to have a discussion and tries to understand someone else's point of view, or someone who just wants to put a member down out of spite. It's impossible to discuss anything if the other doesn't actually listen, and goes nitpicking because they're to emotional to be able to reason.
The fact that you still call me a 'she' is proof that you yourself refuse to reason or listen, and nitpick others. Do you know the term "the pot calling the kettle black"? Also, the thing you used to incorrectly identify me as female is something I wrote, and you misunderstood. This: http://forum.socialdeviancy.com/viewtopic.php?t=4189 Ironically a post about people jumping to conclusions.
Jackie wrote: Discussion ought to be encouraged. Spirochete is inhibiting discussions, which is harmful to the community. How about we start addressing that problem?
Does this refer to the rules? No. Am I breaking rules? No. My opinions are just as valid as yours, and I am just as entitled to free speech as you are. If you think you can rant on about your own dangerous, destructive and misogynistic opinions without opposition, you grew up on the wrong planet.
Jackie wrote: It wasn't long after I posted the Nordic walking thread that spirochete made a thread with a very similar title. What's up with that? Plagiarism? Stealing my idea in a sad attempt to get attention? It's truly sad. No, that's definitely not a coincidence.
I didn't know you had intellectual property rights over topics about annoying trends. This is stuff I talk about the whole time on social media and in person with friends.
Jackie wrote: Have you at all noticed spirochete loves to double post and triple post like a professional spammer?
I know I don't do a single response all times, but there is such a thing as thinking of something else to add at another time, whether it be minutes or months apart. If what I posted was off topic or some kind of advertising, I would say "fair call". I don't, and I am not breaking any rules. Remember, you are not the rule maker of this forum.
Jackie wrote: Did you notice spirochete is consistently referring to me as 'they'? But I'm not allowed to call spirochete a 'she'. Right?
Your gender has been established, as has mine. I figure that you knowing you are a man, I don't need to constantly reinforce that. For the record, "they" is an acceptable way of referring to someone whose gender is known, or not known. I know english is not your first language, but that being said, you really should be taking extra care to get it right when using it in such a way. Also, if you told me to stop calling you something you didn't like, I would stop. You have not, despite many requests, hence "going out of your way to be an asshole". You are known to have a very low opinion of women, and you calling me 'she' is your way of attempting to demean me to make you feel better about yourself.
Jackie wrote: Spirochete is a much bigger asshole than I am at the moment.
Go on. Explain what you mean by this in objective terms. I will happily read it. Please.
Jackie wrote: What spirochete is doing is several orders of magnitude worse.
What am I doing that is so bad? Mentioning the rules when you consistently call me something I asked you not to, hence "going out of your way to be an asshole"? Again, what is it that I am doing?
Jackie wrote: Well, if in the extremely unlikely chance that spirochete has both the desire and the capacity to put the spitefulness towards me aside, and actually listen to what I say so we can have a thoughtful discussion every once in a while, that would actually be a possibility. But let's not keep our hopes up for a miracle.
The way you write articles (I refer to the babies and Tourettes articles), you are constantly calling out people who disagree with you as faking, insane, lying to themselves, wanting attention, etc.

This is definitely not a precursor to thoughtful discussion. It is daring anyone to disagree with you to speak up so you can insult them further. It isn't spite, just a strong reaction to your alienating opinions.
Jackie wrote:I have a more realistic proposal. A two-sided reply ban: I will not be allowed to reply to spirochete's threads or posts, spirochete won't be allowed to reply to mine. Seems extreme, right? But that would definitely work.
This suggestion goes against anything you have ever said in defense of free speech. Also, there aren't enough threads on this forum for that to even remotely work. Also, why would we make rules that only apply to two members?
Jackie wrote: As for the demand that as of right now I stop calling spirochete a woman, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Forget it. If you want to press charges against someone for being a prick, you have to make sure you're not a much bigger prick yourself next time. Yeah, I'm talking about you, spirochete. You come across like a sneaky backstabber to me, and I have no doubt you've sent Venomous some personal messages to complain about this issue to speed up the infraction process before I could intervene.
If you still don't stop it after mod intervention, you really are going out of your way to be the aforementioned asshole. I know Venomous can confirm I haven't sent any private messages to him in the history of my membership of this site. Besides, Venomous is a moderator, not just another user like you or me.

Beyond these points, to consider yourself to be such a righteous force in this forum to imagine these conspiracies and make baseless accusations such as you have made, you really need to have a good look at yourself. Maybe this isn't the forum for you.