Deepest Darkest Fears

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Deepest Darkest Fears

Post by seajayjay » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:57 pm

More stuff I found on the internet but, this sort of screams SocDev.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=106410

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:40 pm

Nice find, dude. Very interesting obscure stuff. I actually believed some of those things when I was a kid, too.

Also, good to see you're still alive CJJ. We all kind of worried you got run over by a car or something, since you were absent for quite a while.

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:49 am

Life is has got me busy specially work with my 6 days a week schedule. However when this came up it reminded me it had been a while since i dropped by.

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:57 pm

Wow, working 6 days a week sounds like a nightmare to me. I think I'd rather commit suicide than ever work that much. But hey, whatever floats your boat, right?

I have to give you my compliments for your spelling, it's actually very easy to read now. You seem like a completely different person when you write with proper grammar.

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:15 pm

i heard some times before my hiring they were working folks 7 days a week. Too many people call in on the weekend so every one else has to be over scheduled to meet the client's demand.

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:44 pm

Oh god please stop, you're making me sick! That is madness. People should work to live, not the other way around. You have to be insane to go to work every day. That's modern-day slavery.

No matter what anyone says, I don't believe anyone could be happy when they're so obsessed with their job. What a waste of a human life...

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:47 am

Jackie wrote:Oh god please stop, you're making me sick! That is madness. People should work to live, not the other way around. You have to be insane to go to work every day. That's modern-day slavery.

No matter what anyone says, I don't believe anyone could be happy when they're so obsessed with their job. What a waste of a human life...
There are people who have it FAR worse than i do but, you know what i hear you and agree with you! The only exception being a labor of love. If i could build and modify computers and engines all day i'd die one happy mother fucker.

I'm hoping to save money to do just that! then move on to better job.

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:09 am

Agreed, if your job is something you love doing it's alright. But very few love their work. Most do it just for the money. Sadly that is exactly why most jobs exist, they are needed to keep the economy running. Which is extremely backwards. In my opinion, paid labor is one of the biggest issues in modern societies. It is high time to abolish paid work and ditch unnecessary jobs so we can focus our energy on the things that really matter; health, happiness, prosperity, and ultimately, world peace.
This system of wage slavery is insanely retarded and holding us back immensely. It's causing so much unnecessary suffering...
seajayjay wrote:If i could build and modify computers and engines all day i'd die one happy mother fucker.

I'm hoping to save money to do just that! then move on to better job.
If you ask me, once you know what you love doing most, that's the job you need to get and stick with. You can't do any better because the richest people seek emotional and spiritual happiness. No money in the world can buy you that. Almost everyone who looks up to celebrities and millionaires thinks that because they're rich and famous, they must be happy. They're dead wrong.

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Reminds me of this of scene, after Peter decides he wants to do nothing.

http://forum.socialdeviancy.com/viewtopic.php?t=4275

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:24 pm

You posted the wrong link, it's the url of this topic.

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-bp_A61MI

from the movie "Office Space"

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:00 am

and to further derail this thread and add on to topic of how horrible work can be.

There is a saying..... Only in their dreams can men be truly free, it twas always thus and always thus it will be.

spirochete
mY 1337 p0stZ0rz 0wNz j00!!!1

Post by spirochete » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:27 am

There is a Comedian , Greg Fleet, whose number one fear is falling from a tall building directly onto a drinking fountain/bubble tap teeth first, and being able to feel it.

Mine would be either:

Being locked inside something (which I have experienced a few times)

or

Driving through a faulty level crossing and being hit by a train
Eastern block robot cowboy