Explain this

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Explain this

Post by Jackie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:21 pm

A little ago I saw my last thread disappeared. Some asshole must have removed it, I thought. Someone who believed in censorship must have done it, I'm sure.

Then I see it's in the Blood & Fire section. Okay, fair enough I guess. It WAS full of offtopic-spam. I don't know since when anybody cared about that, but I didn't think much of it. Yet.

But today I see my last article is there too. Now come on... that was a great article, I know nobody here liked it, but that's not an excuse to remove it from where it belongs. If that's going to happen, discuss it with me first, I do deserve an explanation for such things.

I'm really skeptical of a lot of things that have happened around here lately. I don't know. If I am not wanted here, it's better to say so rather than use these sort of tactics. I may be known as a huge asshole, but I am not a backstabber. Right now I feel the tip of a knife pressing in my back. So I'm asking for an honest answer: does anyone intend to push it in?

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:38 am

Hey Jackie. I just got your emails, came here to fix your account and saw this post. I want to personally apologize if I or anybody here made you feel backstabbed. This was not my intention.

The Faggotvision post was moved to Blood & Fire because it had essentially degenerated into namecalling and bickering, as per my "rule" in this thread. desi asked me if this was okay, and because the situation complied with my ruling, I authorized it.

I vaguely remember her mentioning something about the Tourette's article, but serious brain fog (too much drugs) has left me with little recall of what she said or what I said. Regardless, that article should NOT have been moved. Though not specified in the official rules, article posts are exempt from the Blood & Fire relocation rule, regardless of what the thread degenerates into, and quite simply, reading through the thread again, I see that it didn't dissolve into a flame war anyway, so does not qualify for the move. Sure, the article is a bunch of offensive shit and I don't agree with the concept, but nowhere in the rules does it say that articles that may offend one or more users (or admins/mods) qualify for Blood & Fire.

I have restored your TS article to its rightful place in the Articles forum and to the front page of the site. Please be assured that no backstabbing was intended. Nobody's going to push a knife into your back. I blame myself because I know desi did ask me something about the article, so I probably gave her consent without thought. At least that sounds like something I would do most days. But it WAS a well-written article, which prompted some strong but thoughtful opinions on both sides, and it doesn't deserve to be hidden away.

Side note though: Throughout the thread, you promised a "part two", or followup, detailing your thoughts on mental diseases and disorders in general. Isn't it high time we had a new article for the front page? Until we get some new users here (which is a whole 'nother issue), I don't see the TS article getting much more feedback. New topic time?

Anyways, sorry again for my lapse in attention and/or judgement. I gotta be more careful to stick to my morals and live by my own rules. Don't even know what or if I was thinking!
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:08 am

Just to avoid any confusion, I have had quite a few bad experiences with a lot of people in the past, so I'm watchful about deceit and trickery. There were a couple of things not quite right.

First I see some new members whining that the post about the eurovision songfestival should be deleted. Secondly I see a new admin, who, ironically is opposed to free speech on a free speech site. Which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Then I see you telling our new members - who are all anti-free speech – that I am a troll who is not to be taken serious and it's better not to talk to me. This left a bad taste in my mouth so I didn't felt like posting for a while. Next I see my thread has been moved away from regular discussion board. I'm not sure that's appropriate. Yes, the replies are nearly all off-topic. It just seemed like a convenient excuse to remove that thread because it was offensive. But then the same happened to the tourette's article. Which didn't violate any rule in any way.

I remembered you said when I was just new here how free speech needs to be protected. That there should be a place for it. Moving a thread or an article is of course not quite the same as censorship. But given the order of the aforementioned events, I could definitely see either either that, or a ban, coming my way soon. That's why I said it feels like I'm about to get backstabbed. Can you see where I'm coming from? I'm not saying I'm angry or anything, I'm just putting things into perspective so you can understand why I feel the way I do.

Anyway, don't worry about it, it's all fine. I'm just glad my feelings where wrong.
The Faggotvision post was moved to Blood & Fire because it had essentially degenerated into namecalling and bickering, as per my "rule" in this thread. desi asked me if this was okay, and because the situation complied with my ruling, I authorized it.
Typical... there was no namecalling or bickering in that thread. It only had off-topic posts. It sounds like your assistant just tries to get my posts out of public sight.
Side note though: Throughout the thread, you promised a "part two", or followup, detailing your thoughts on mental diseases and disorders in general. Isn't it high time we had a new article for the front page? Until we get some new users here (which is a whole 'nother issue), I don't see the TS article getting much more feedback. New topic time?
Yes, a new article is looooong overdue. The article on mental disorders will come some other time. I've got something else planned first. I'm still undecided which it's gonna be. I've worked a while on something big that's nearing completion, but other topics have peaked my interest lately. I'll try my hardest to get something ready for next week.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:35 pm

When you put it that way, I can understand a bit of suspicion and resentment. It does look bad. But fear not, I've got your back. desi was hired to help with spam cleanup, not moderate content, and Hellhound is my new server admin, he's helping me drag the forum, site and server out of the hideous dark ages into something a little more 2014 friendly. They're both as entitled to their opinions as you are though - free speech has to work both ways, of course - but I'll never delete or censor your posts or anybody else's. It's your right to bitch about the things you don't like and it's their right to call you an asshole, if they choose. =)

And if you wanna get specific, I only reminded them that it was their right to respond to you or not to as they rightly see fit. I didn't actually tell them to ignore you. Personally, I'd like to see more debate on both the TS article and the Eurovision post from both/all sides, but I can't force people to post.

Genuinely looking forward to a new article next week. I can only imagine what slur-ridden putrescent ramblings you can come up to top your previous artwork. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:17 pm

I have no problem with other people's freedom of speech, I just have a problem with their desire to take away mine. It's one of the most important reasons why I joined Social Deviancy.

Here's an exact quote of your words I had a problem with:
Sorry guys, but this is a free speech site - even insane asshole trolls like Jackie have the right to speak their mind here. We do not ever delete posts - not counting spam - and we do not censor other people no matter how utterly repugnant they may be.

Side note: Jackie's a renowned troll. Just look through some of his other posts. He takes full advantage of my leniency to happily try to offend. Please feel free to serve him up in any way you see fit, or just ignore his posts if you prefer.
It's pretty clear to me, you're saying I am not to be taken serious, so people can either ignore me or they could 'feed the troll'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't read it any other way. I marked the words I just mentioned in red in case you're drunk or high when you're reading this. See, the result of such a reaction is that you're discouraging people from discussing controversial topics with me. That's the opposite result of what you said you wanted.

You probably didn't really think about any of the potential consequences when you posted your response, and strictly speaking, there's no real need, because
1. We only have about five members, and
2. The site is still rather dead. So the good news is the damage is zero. But if you left similar responses as what I just quoted from you on a lot of my posts and articles, and if we had a decent number of real members, you would probably have kicked your own site in the groin pretty hard. And you might have caused a permanent disfigurement in the process.
Genuinely looking forward to a new article next week. I can only imagine what slur-ridden putrescent ramblings you can come up to top your previous artwork. =)
Yes, I'm really curious how my next offering will be received. Please do put it on the facebook page when it's ready, I'm curious to see how people feel about it.

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Oh, and I've got a little spoiler about the upcoming article: it contains original artwork made by moi.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Okay, you've got me. I've got no defense against that. I spoke (wrote) in error. Obviously it was not ever your attention to troll, and our other three users should be encouraged to respond thoughtfully and in detail no matter what their stance on your topic.

I'm not usually wrong, and I don't usually admit it when I am, so count yourself among a chosen few. Here it is in black and slightly off-white. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:15 am

Though I agree they should try to use their brain before posting, I don't think we can expect thoughtful responses from our current members. It is good to have expectations and to stimulate people to grow, but in this case it's kind of like asking someone with two broken legs to beat the 100 meter dash world record. So yeah...

Let's put it to rest, we've wasted too many words on this nonsense already. Check out the new article I posted instead. It's pretty neat.

desikitteh
Ven's P.A.

Post by desikitteh » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:55 am

um, no. i'd moved both threads to blood & fire. with Ven's permission, as i recall.
Suck it up, BUTTERCUP!