Offline Again..

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Offline Again..

Post by Supernovae » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:32 pm

As if I wasn't offline enough...

My computer has died which means that I have to have some "real" tech geek look at it and determine which part failed and then replace them..

-sigh
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:42 pm

That sucks major ass...

Venomous
Site Admin

Re: Offline Again..

Post by Venomous » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:14 am

Streetrodracer wrote:As if I wasn't offline enough...
My computer has died which means that I have to have some "real" tech geek look at it and determine which part failed and then replace them..
It's the hard drive. Trust me, it's always the fucking hard drive...
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:56 pm

I am questioning the Harddrive, CDROM, Ram, Video Card.. but it's probably the fucking harddrive.

I got into windows one time then it crashed then during reboot the computer would be looking for NTFS.sys files etc. After fighting with it for a bit I would somehow get back into windows. Now when I try to do a complete system recovery it prompts me with errors.

Final Verdict by me? - HARDDRIVE...

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:11 pm

Streetrodracer wrote:I am questioning the Harddrive, CDROM, Ram, Video Card.. but it's probably the fucking harddrive.
I got into windows one time then it crashed then during reboot the computer would be looking for NTFS.sys files etc. After fighting with it for a bit I would somehow get back into windows. Now when I try to do a complete system recovery it prompts me with errors.
Final Verdict by me? - HARDDRIVE...
Yep, hard drive... one of my secondary systems just died on me... I was playing a multiplayer game with a buddy the other day, and I died, so I loaded a saved game, and it wouldn't load. Kept giving me an error saying it couldn't unpack the module. For some reason I just strongly suspected a corrupt save file caused by bad sectors (even though I had no real reason to suspect the hard drive at the time). So I left it running a full chkdsk overnight, and when I checked in on it the next day, it was sitting at the initial boot menu, after the BIOS and RAM count, saying "PRIMARY HARD DRIVE FAIL. PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK". I haven't had the stomach to look into it any further since then. =/
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:59 pm

I hate that shit...

My little brother's computer (formally mine) sometimes comes up on the boot saying "Operating System Not Found". With Keith's help, I found the problem to be a loose connection in the back of the hard drive (he said that may be a cause), being it's INCREDIBLY tight in there, and It's got 2 hard drives. It's so tight, one of the Hard Drives (I think it's the boot drive, I don't exactly remember.) has the cable come out of the back and make an immediate (and I mean IMMEDIATE) 90 degree turn, because the side of the frame is there. I take out the HD and unplug it, then plug it back in, and re-screw it in, and it works...

Have you checked that Karl?

I don't think it would be that, but it's a very small possibility of it being that...

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:20 pm

/me salutes all the good drives that gave their lives serving in the good fight.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:27 pm

MP81 wrote:Have you checked that Karl?
I don't think it would be that, but it's a very small possibility of it being that...
Fucktard... read this part again:-
Venomous wrote:I haven't had the stomach to look into it any further since then. =/
Ergo, since running chkdsk and seeing the hard drive error, I have checked nothing. I'll worry about it later when I've got less shit on my mind - it's only a spare system anyway.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:58 pm

Keith, too bad there's no /me command programed into this forum :P

and Karl, I know you said that...

I was speaking theoretically.

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:48 pm

Yes, I realize that, and while some offer that (SMF for example), that is still universally known to people that the person wants to show they would be performing an action.

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:57 pm

Yes, i was just saying :P

Hellmark
Pissed Off Gimp Farmboy

Post by Hellmark » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:06 am

/me bitchslaps Jailbait

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:38 am

MP81 wrote:and Karl, I know you said that...
I was speaking theoretically.
Then you're a retard.

See this here:-
MP81 wrote:Have you checked that Karl?
By no possible stretch of the imagination is this a theoretical statement or question. Stop trying to justify your stupidity, Jailbait. Otherwise I'll hogtie you to the radiator, put a pigskin over you and let Keith have his way with your ass. >=)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:57 pm

Anyways - I have upgraded my warranty policy on Thursday and they told me that it would take 48 hrs to complete and update.

When I called back today (Monday) to schedule a repair they told me that I have to wait 3-5 days before the system can be updated. This is complete and utter B.S. that they cannot send me the Harddrive that I NEED to repair the computer myself.

And the reason that I *NEED* the computer is because it is the one that I use for all of my school programs etc. I have 5 weeks left of school and this is NOT the best time for a computer malfuntion (esp since things are beginning to pile up)

This should be enough until the next rant. I will post some techie call log up here soon.

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:55 pm

If you get an idiot...

Just say (In the words of David Spade, playing Richard in Tommy Boy)

"Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?"