What the heck is this?!

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Venomous
Site Admin

What the heck is this?!

Post by Venomous » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:43 am

Yesterday, a buddy of mine went to McDonalds and ordered a Quarter Pounder, with extra ketchup and extra mustard.

Instead of what he ordered, he was given a strangely heavy burger, which upon unwrapping turned out to be this:-

<div align="center">Image</div>

Yes folks, it's not a Quarter Pounder, it's not a Double Quarter Pounder, it's not even a Triple Quarter Pounder - it is, in fact, the rare and elusive QUADRUPLE QUARTER POUNDER, aka. "The POUNDER"!!

Again, I stress, this was not a grill order - the only thing he asked for was some extra sauce. We may never know why he ended up with four times the meat...
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:45 am

Wow thats from mcDonalds damn mcDonalds is pound'n alright.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:11 am

Yeah, aint that something? Usually MickeyD's fucks up your order in a negative way, one that gives you LESS than what you paid for... I've never seen them accidentally supersize a burger for free before though!!
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:37 pm

Heh, yeah, BK has one of them out. Triple and Quadrouple layer burgers. That's a lot of "meat". They always screw up and don't give my buddy pickles when he says "no pickles", then they repeat it. Though that does take longer, I think he should say he's deathly allergic to pickles...

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:52 pm

looks like someone was fucking around.
I know where I work if the boss found out we were doing free supersizing there would be hell to pay.

also good quality (for mcdonalds) I have seen far worse looking sandwiches served.
Confidence comes in a brown bottle.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:52 pm

MP81 wrote:Heh, yeah, BK has one of them out. Triple and Quadrouple layer burgers. That's a lot of "meat". They always screw up and don't give my buddy pickles when he says "no pickles", then they repeat it. Though that does take longer, I think he should say he's deathly allergic to pickles...
That happened to me at BK once with tomato. I ordered no tomato, I get a burger with tomato. I take it back, say "I ordered no tomato" and they apologize and take it back and give me "another" burger. I open it up again, and upon not-so-careful inspection, I can easily see tomato seeds and crud from where they just opened it up and pulled the tomato out. I mean, WTF, I could have fucking pulled it out myself if that's all I wanted, but I wanted a burger that DOES NOT HAVE ANY TOMATO IN IT. Is that so fucking hard??

So I took it back, practically threw it at them, demanded my money back, and never went back to that particular store. Shame I was so tired and fed up and just wanted to go home at that point or I would have made a bigger scene about it.

Mind you, about the allergic to pickles thing... I once asked for no pickle on a Big Mac at McD's, and the bitch was all like "Uhmm... you realize there's pickle in the Mac sauce, right?"... like, duh, I'm not allergic, just don't want no actual fuckin' pickles... =) But the funny thing is, it's probably a good question to ask in case people are allergic to pickle, but that was the only time anybody ever asked me that, and I often order no pickles.
Hero of the Day wrote:looks like someone was fucking around.
I know where I work if the boss found out we were doing free supersizing there would be hell to pay.
Hehe yeah I was thinking that. I wonder if it was just a random prank and we happened to get that burger, or if they made that crazy burger for our order instead of the extra sauce we ordered...
Hero of the Day wrote:also good quality (for mcdonalds) I have seen far worse looking sandwiches served.
Oh, hell yeah. I've seen mashed up crap which just looked like a wrapper full of what seems like the right ingredients in no particular order - and I'm sure you've seen even worse. Considering the amount of meat in that thing, I'm impressed they actually put it together straight and didn't mash the fuck out of it...
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Slick-Labia

Post by Slick-Labia » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:36 pm

- Hell. That would be like going to the local underage backyard brothel, requesting a sixteen y.o. - but ending up with a fourteen y.o. for no extra charge! - Good Times!!!

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:55 pm

I beg to differ - this is FOUR times the meat, man!! So it'd be like going to a nasty backyard brothel, expecting to wind up with some 56 year old whore with withered greying labia under a wrinkled hairy mound, and getting a 14yr old (56 / 4 = 14) instead at no extra charge!! We're talking FOUR TIMES THE GOODNESS here man!! =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:26 am

I suppose the argument could be made either way, but would you really want something extra from McDonalds?

Knowing that McDonalds is notoriously known for screwing customers, this seemingly rare upbeat of positive attention in the pounder could be a sign that they beat the meat or put some extra special sauce as requested. And they must know that someone would rave in such delight of receiving extra food, they couldn't help resist throwing a few extra slabs of meat to quench your buddies appetite.

Can I ask you, 'Were you and your buddy being watched closely as you ate your meal?'

Did you at least check for spit?

Yes, it is said that I am a horrible person and view the world in a negative eye, but 'tis better to be hungry than sick!
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:37 am

We didn't eat in - that photo was taken on the desk in my lounge room.

But yeah, I'm a cynic too. If something good happens, it's usually either for a bad reason, or just a precursor to something extra bad happening later.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:47 pm

Venomous wrote:Mind you, about the allergic to pickles thing... I once asked for no pickle on a Big Mac at McD's, and the bitch was all like "Uhmm... you realize there's pickle in the Mac sauce, right?"... like, duh, I'm not allergic, just don't want no actual fuckin' pickles... =) But the funny thing is, it's probably a good question to ask in case people are allergic to pickle, but that was the only time anybody ever asked me that, and I often order no pickles.
there are no pickles in mac sauce (at least not in the u.s). If I recall correctly its basically mayonaise with a special seasoning (the shit is pre packed by mexicans or other low wage workers in some factory so who the fuck knows what is in it)

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:27 pm

Hero of the Day wrote:so who the fuck knows what is in it
Semen.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:32 pm

Hero of the Day wrote:there are no pickles in mac sauce (at least not in the u.s). If I recall correctly its basically mayonaise with a special seasoning (the shit is pre packed by mexicans or other low wage workers in some factory so who the fuck knows what is in it)
I'm pretty sure it's some variation of Thousand Island dressing with finely chopped pickles in it, here at least. Though I've never worked in fast food, and never, ever will, so I'm going on old things I heard back in the day when I had teenage friends doing the burger flipping thing. My memory aint what it used to be.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:21 am

you were right, shows how much I care, obviously the pickles were already in the seasoning packet back in the day when the sauce used to be mixed on site
disclaimer that ingredients page will make you never want to eat mcdonalds again

Big Mac® Sauce: Soybean oil, pickles, distilled vinegar, water, egg yolks, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, onion powder, corn syrup, spice and spice extractives, salt, xanthan gum, mustard flour, propylene glycol alginate, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate as preservatives, mustard bran, garlic powder, hydrolyzed (corn gluten, wheat, and soy) proteins, caramel color, extractives of paprika, turmeric, calcium disodium EDTA to protect flavor.
(taken from: http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller ... index.html)

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:18 am

Hero of the Day wrote:you were right, shows how much I care, obviously the pickles were already in the seasoning packet back in the day when the sauce used to be mixed on site
disclaimer that ingredients page will make you never want to eat mcdonalds again

Big Mac® Sauce: Soybean oil, pickles, distilled vinegar, water, egg yolks, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, onion powder, corn syrup, spice and spice extractives, salt, xanthan gum, mustard flour, propylene glycol alginate, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate as preservatives, mustard bran, garlic powder, hydrolyzed (corn gluten, wheat, and soy) proteins, caramel color, extractives of paprika, turmeric, calcium disodium EDTA to protect flavor.
(taken from: http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller ... index.html)
Jesus Christ, talk about it being SPECIAL SAUCE.

Watch the movie 'Supersize Me'. That movie will make you want to stop eating fast food all together.
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.