TLC is pissing me off

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Jackie
Lonely Lamer

TLC is pissing me off

Post by Jackie » Mon May 06, 2013 12:04 pm

About one and a half year ago my TV-guide informed me that a new channel called TLC is going to replace the evening hours of animal planet. I didn't like it one bit, as animal planet is one of of the few channels I actually enjoy watching. I know it's not for everyone, and not all its shows are great, but they tend to broadcast some very interesting documentaries. I was actually kind of surprised as I always thought animal planet to be fairly popular. Unfortunately, the bosses of the media streams discovered something even more popular: the modern lifestyle and mindset of the current generation in all its doom and gloom.

TLC is a channel aimed at women with a mid-life crisis, as well as faggots, lamebrain hipsters, disabled retards, and similar losers. I had a hard time not throwing up during the previews which were aired during the hours animal planet was still on. Apparently, TV wasn't bad enough yet. They had to make it even worse.

I quickly learned I wasn't the one one who didn't like this new development. Animal planet was indeed a popular and (somewhat)respected channel. I heard rumors about TLC going to be transferred to its own separate channel in time, so hopefully everything would go back to normal soon.
But they didn't. Instead animal planet had to sacrifice even more of their broadcasting time for TLC, leaving only a few hours left during the afternoon. TLC was now the main channel. If you still wanted animal planet you had to order it separately with your TV-provider.

Since I don't watch it myself, I don't know too much about TLC. However, I know two of their most popular shows, 'here comes honey boo boo' and 'toddlers and tiaras' were so degenerative and disgusting that child protective services had to be called in. Other shows display people with mental illnesses and serious problems in all their glory, and make it seem like they're perfectly normal. TLC is broadcasting the kind of vulgar garbage that you normally only see on the internet. And this shit belongs strictly on the web, because the TV has become the third parent for too many idiots already.

TLC is probably the worst channel ever. Nevertheless it's insanely popular. Now I wonder... is there no hope left for mankind? I am not sure, but it's not looking good.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri May 24, 2013 4:22 pm

I haven't seen that channel (I gave up on free and cable TV years ago, now I just download the shows I like!), but it sounds like typical Western reality TV. We get a lot of that crap here in Australia, and apparently (naturally) it's even more prevalent in the USA. It's beyond mind-numbing, I can actually feel myself getting stupider just picturing it in my head, let alone actually sitting through one of those shows. The mother of that "Honey Boo Boo" thing needs to be shot in the face with some kind of spider venom, perhaps a [wiki]White-tailed spider[/wiki] (although the Wiki page seems to indicate that the flesh rotting necrosis I was hoping to inflict upon her face has never been formally proven to be an effect of said spider's bite), or perhaps have her legs gnawed off by some sort of [wiki]Saltwater crocodile[/wiki]. I've seen those legs - it would take some mighty powerful jaws to chew through all that blubber.

Beyond that, I don't really have any other words that would sufficiently express my disgust in the content of that channel as you have described it. If I ever married a woman that actually enjoyed that sort of donkey semen, I would divorce or possibly kill her, depending on how passionate she was about it. The world doesn't need any more of those kind of people...
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Mon May 27, 2013 8:47 pm

This crap is typical reality TV? I hope not. I'm praying it's more over-the-top and extreme than similar programs.

I keep hearing more people complaining about TV, and now it seems like everyone either has at least on-demand TV, or downloads programs and movies online.(legal or illegal) Guess I am one of the few guys left who still sticks to the traditional format. But I definitely agree with the complaints, and I too am starting to think about the alternatives. It seems like every time I've finally found a show I like, they take it off the air because of bad ratings. For example, the first season of Game of Thrones was finally broad-casted on my national TV half a year ago, but only after a few weeks they aborted it because apparently everyone was watching this crappy show about farmers who are trying to find themselves a wife instead.

Another program I liked very much, called Guinea Pigs, combined science and humor in a good way. When the hosts sparked some international attention after simulating child birth on men, and eating each other's flesh, I never heard of them again, and I've seen no new episodes either. So lame. I think the program was put to a halt because they got complaints or other troubles. One of the guys on the show said that cannibalism is sort of illegal....

So where does that leave all the good stuff? Clearly not on cable TV. Right now, there are still some things worth watching. A few nice shows, some movies.... but I cannot deny that traditional TV will no longer be worth it in the end. The quality is declining too much, and with clearly superior alternatives, it's only a matter of time before cable TV will disappear. I say this, even though I know nothing about on-demand or internet TV. I've never tried it. I don't even know what the possibilities are or how it works.

Still, I'm sure it's better than TLC. I just looked at two short Honey boo boo clips, and while it does look like typical American reality TV, it remains extremely shocking that this crap is getting praised that much. I'd say anyone who likes it ought to get cancer. I wouldn't be surprised if that channel actually gives people cancer for real.