Website breakdown?

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Website breakdown?

Post by Jackie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Yesterday I noticed SD wasn't working too well, it almost seemed like it was taken down. Most pages were blank. This morning I looked again, same thing. I was kind of worried that you were planning to take this website offline, Venomous. Man, I'm relieved.

Are you having trouble with the servers or something?

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:37 am

No trouble, nothing to worry about, nothing to see here folks, just move along. =)

Hehe actually the server was rebooted, and the wrong version of Apache loaded up upon restart, and it took my guy a day or so to work out what the problem was. He's a busy man. =)

No problem now, though. Was just a once off thing. When are you going to write another article Jackie? I'm pleased to see you haven't forgotten about us completely. =)
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Ah, I see. And the site got updated with some new functionality too. Now we have Facebook widgets. Smart move, it'll help to boost traffic.

I certainly have not forgotten about you guys. It took like what feels forever to find a site of this caliber, and I'm still very pleased with its unique features. But you have to understand that lately I've been spending more time thinking about putting my PC on fire than actually posting and writing stuff.

Nonetheless, I am cooking up another article right now. It could take another week or two to complete it. But I understand and acknowledge that it is my duty to post articles as this site really deserves that. Besides, it has been too quiet here the past few months. We need quality content, which I intend to deliver. A new article is coming up soon for sure.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:51 am

Yes, we're now fully Facebook integrated, so users can promote posts or articles of interest on their Facebook pages, or join the SocDev page on FB for updates and information! Each time you write an article I will post it on FB also, and depending on the topic, maybe on my personal feed as well. =)

I still can not believe you have so much trouble with your PC! I have never found a more sturdy, reliable, stable OS than Windows 7 in my life. And this is coming from the guy who refused to upgrade from Windows 2000 until 2010 because XP and Vista were too buggy for my tastes! I couldn't even begin to imagine what's causing all your problems!! =(

Really glad to hear you're still committed to providing us with quality content to get this site back on the map! A week or two is no time at all in SocDev time, that's about how often I check the site unless I get a forum post notification! =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:51 pm

My, my, a facebook page for additional publicity. And this personal feed you mentioned, you're saying you have a facebook profile for yourself? Ha, I remember when I still had a facebook profile. It lasted for two whole days before the staff decided to ban me, royal dickheads they are.

Though I am somewhat puzzled about these PC problems myself, I'm still convinced it's windows. Check out the windows 7 thread for the next chapter of my PC misery. It's insane.

Yeah, I'm still very determined to write many inspirational and thought-provoking articles. That's why I signed up in the first place. The last few months haven't been a smooth ride, but I'm sure things will get better.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Yes, I have a Facebook profile myself. I was very hesitant to get into it at first, I'm really not a trend follower usually, but now I don't know what I'd do without it, I post everything there including how often I get drunk, how much weed I smoke, and everything else. Luckily I'll never have to worry about a future potential employer looking me up on Facebook to see how sensible I am. If I had to be a slave to what people think I couldn't image I could keep an account for more than two days either. But I speak my mind, and so far my friends are all for me. =)

Looking forward to your next article. I couldn't link the last one on my personal Facebook because a lot of my real life friends are nigger lovers or political dickheads, so either way a rant about the nigger president wouldn't have flushed well. But we'll see how we go next time. Either way it's getting front row promotion on the Social Deviancy Facebook page!! =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Well I'm not gonna lie, if your friends are offended by a lot of opinions and ideas that are not mainstream, you wont be able to post many articles on your page, if any at all.

And it sounds like this is exactly the case with your friends, so.... it's probably not gonna happen. But mainstream content for this site would be wrong either way. It's a free speech site, and I believe we should use it as such. Keep mundane posts on mundane sites, and free-spirited content on free-spirited sites.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue May 01, 2012 2:57 pm

I couldn't agree more! Bring it on!
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy