Windows 7 sucks cock, dick, and horsepenis all at once

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am

Wow, your an interesting one, like a patient with a rare disease to doctors. i recently had an interesting critical failure with 7 updates, apparently you can't install ms office 07 service packs with 7 service packs at the same time. I eventually got it to roll back and i did them separately.

of by any chance you installed the drivers manually for the ether net or sound card then that would explain problems with updates in 7 some times it auto check recommended updates for you.

usually it's XP that fucks up a computer with updates for hardware specially with graphics driver updates.

would you sound card by any chance be sound blaster or creative labs of some sort.

by any chance do you know how old your system is or even what the specs are like the CPU or motherboard socket.

or better yet get the ZIP version of this and take screen shots of the info under the different tabs

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

if not i understand, i'm not gonna prod if you don't want me to.

you certainly are having some odd problems, it seems.

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:13 pm

You want info of the components of my PC when the issue I'm having is software related? You're not making sense. I do know all the individual components of my PC. I built it myself. Some parts were tricky to put together, so I had a use a hammer to knock some of the pieces firmly in place. Installing the software was a little tricky too at first, but I've gotten the hang of it.

Yes, I have a sound blaster in my system. Jealous?

This problem isn't exactly rare though. Everyone has issues with windows. Some more than others, but none of the problems I described were either unique or rare. It's just windows software going haywire as usual.

Tonight I'll try to reinstall windows. I'd like to back up my date to a usb stick and external harddrive, but unfortunately windows can no longer detect these usb peripherals.

Did I mention that I hate windows yet?

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:40 am

I know for a fact sound blasters have driver issue and part of it is creative labs fault, infact it was found out there purpousley gimping drivers mainly for vista and 7 to force people to buy new cards. one guy made some altered 3rd party drivers to correct the issue and i think they threatened to sue him. there is a little more to it than that but, thats the jest.

maybe a similar issue with your Ethernet if it's old enough,. but, i'd almost think hardware with freaky as results like that. i have seen similar results with xp and it came down to bulged capacitors on the mother board.

likely it may just very well be all software. in which case it seems you'll have to weed through your updates every time making sure it doesn't try to sneak by driver updates.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:27 pm

I have a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 4 and I've never had any driver issues. Didn't even need to use the OEM driver disc when I installed Windows 7, it just installed itself invisibly and has worked like a dream ever since.

Geez, am I the only person in the world who hasn't ever had one single problem with Windows 7? =P
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:53 pm

It's after a certain point that creative labs have problems or in some cases can't even be used in win 7. usually the much older ones. even some onboard AC 97 doesn't work but, that is usually P4/socket 478 era motherboards though.

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:35 pm

I think it's worth mentioning that reinstalling windows 7 was successful. And fast. I'm still surprised how quickly this annoyance was dealt with. It took less than three hours for the whole procedure: backing up, formatting, and reinstalling.

And the back-up was made by burning a dvd, mind you.

I remember it took ages to format the harddisk with xp, but windows 7 did it in a matter of seconds. Installing drivers was no problem at all, I've got everything running again. Shall we set the countdown for the number of days it takes windows to break itself again?

Btw, regarding the creative soundcard, it's not that old. At least I don't consider hardware from november 2006 particularly old.

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:47 am

okay yeah i ageee anything 06 should be current enough. My god yes 7 is so much nicer to install and update versus install/drivers/updates/updates/updates/updates/updates/updates/updates/updates/updates/updates/antivrus.

7 can also automatically make back up on the hard drive during install, it will push it all in a folder named windowsold. if you choose custom install and don't format it should prompt you about previous windows blah blah blah windowsold folder.

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Well, stop the countdown. My windows 7 installation already started cutting itself like a depressed drug addicted widow. After installing the first 90 updates simultaneously, everything was still alright. But then there were 5 more. One of those updates was rather toxic since windows could no longer start up after the installation. System recovery put it back to a previous state. Everything is working fine again, but you have to ask yourself how good of an OS windows is if the official updates can kill it completely.

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:04 am

every once in a while, there a few updates that can't be installed together, i don't see it as the OS's fault. I see it as the fault of the jack asses who release the updates along with the update list that OS downloads. Some witch should be optional end up not being so and some witch shouldn't coincide aren't marked as so some times. somebody or some dev team needs to get their head out of their ass.
Last edited by seajayjay on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:58 am

All I can say is, it's 2011 now, if anything in your PC is older than from 2006 then it's time for a fucking upgrade. Yes CJJ you over-clocking shit-hoarding antique-loving bastard, I'm talking to you. =) There are reasons new hardware gets released all the time. Try buying something new instead of trying to Frankenstein all your old junk for once. =)

(I don't know what that has to do with Windows 7 or Jackie's updating problems, but fuck, when have I ever cared about off-topic posts?? =P)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Yesterday I had to reinstall windows again. Nothing worked anymore. The PC would start up, but that's about all it did. All programs were gone, the control panel was empty, I could not enter explorer and look at my files anymore...

Now how long has it been since the last reinstall? One week? And I'm not even doing anything special. I don't modify the registry or run weird programs. It's usually when installing updates that windows starts to die, so what should I do? Avoid all updates? Seriously... I was getting close to throwing my PC out of the window. I'm actually thinking of buying another cheap PC with linux and use that for regular stuff instead. Then I could use my windows PC exclusively for games. It's the only thing keeping me from getting rid of the microsuck crapware - linux isn't suitable for videogames, sadly.

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:06 am

yeah that doesn't make since if your not doing any thing special with updates or the registry, that is if your hard drive isn't doing that for you with bad blocks and read errors maybe?

you could dual boot linux but, in my experience it requires to guide to get it to do even the simplest of things like play movies and mp3s.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT7urt5UcQg

No really I'm serious^ then again i guess you have to do it from windows but, all i have to do is run one executable by double clicking and click next a few times. Where as in linux things require more tinkering. Suppose there are pros and cons.

You know what the hell give Linux or XP a try it would be interesting to see what happens, thats my 2 cents.

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:14 pm

I already tried dual-booting linux. Unfortunately, there's something with the software of my bios that won't allow me to use my usb keyboard. I have to plug in a old PS/2 keyboard to switch between operating systems and make changes to the bios setting and use POST and such.

That's why I wanted to build a second PC. Windows is so unreliable, I've genuinely considered it.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:31 pm

My BIOS does the same thing Jackie... I had to pull out every stop that might require a key press before the Windows logon screen or I'd be stuck there forever. Had a PS/2 keyboard plugged in for a while too for when I needed to get into the BIOS, but that happens so rarely I got rid of it for now. I basically never restart my system anyway, it's on 24/7/365 unless there's a blackout or something...
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:40 am

Why would you keep your PC running 24/7? Afraid that windows will let you down if you restart it every day?