Your savior has arrived

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
User avatar
Jackie
Lonely Lamer
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Your savior has arrived

Post by Jackie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Greetings. I've been observing this website since recently. It's different. For a long time I've been looking around on the Internet, trying to pinpoint a forum or something similar to offer me what so many other forums couldn't: free speech.

It's really sad, but I think I've been banned on almost half the forums I've visited. You know how it goes: you abide the rules perfectly, but then you write something that offends the mods and BAM... you're kicked out of the community.

This isn't the first uncensored forum I've encountered. There are more. The problem is that no one takes you seriously on uncensored boards because they are all full of half-assed trolls. You can't have discussions with people who post just to post. The only alternatives are the white-nationalists sites. It's just too bad I'm not a white nationalist.



There's potential in this site. But when I look at the way you guys use it, I feel sorry for you. Well, mostly the proprietor. This discussion board is uncensored, yet no one here seems to care about this fact. You all use it to discuss your boring lives, or to spam. You don't post anything controversial at all, so this makes me wonder why you hang out here in the first place. Any other general forum would do just as well, you'd be getting more attention too.

But when I read posts like ''gee guys, I really hope 2008 isn't going to suck as much for social deviancy as in 2007.'' What a joke. How did this happen anyway? Surely you weren't serious when you claimed to be clueless on how to increase traffic?

Anyway. Did I sing up just out of pity? No. Did I registered to cheer you guys up? Maybe. Did I sign up to post interesting, controversial articles? Absolutely.

I'm going to stay here for a while. If I like it, I might stick around for a long time.

User avatar
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:17 am
Location: Cardboard box

Post by seajayjay » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:54 am

what do you want us to do post pictures of man on dog bestiality ? The on time i did post something worth about posting it was fucking ignored and i was promised oh i'll watch the video.

http://forum.socialdeviancy.com/viewtopic.php?t=1351

You watch it, i'll talk.

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:23 am

Wow. Jackie, you just made my year (suffice to say, it's been a bland year).

Welcome to SocDev. You won't be banned from here, no matter what you say. And I for one am looking forward to hearing some of your interesting, controversial articles. If you build it, I for one will come. =)

We've had our problems here. The biggest is lack of traffic. Did you know that in 2010 I spent over $1,000 in targeted network advertising, and got precisely zero new users. Well, one or two signed up, never posted, and got deleted for inactivity. Maybe three more showed up in the chat room, never said a word, and then left. And then, lo and behold, my advertising partner yanked my ads. Why? Because free speech is against their Terms of Service. I kid you not.

So, this site used to be ad-driven for revenue (I made thirty bucks before they shut me down, too!), now it's totally a non-profit site. Ad networks won't let me promote it. SEO is hit and miss at best. I even blasted a few thousand article/zine websites with a hard-hitting story on how great it is to be able to say literally whatever you want on a free speech site. Nada.

It's one thing to feel sorry for me, but what can you do to help? Granted, some fresh intelligent blood in the community is already a help in itself; as I said, I really look forward to seeing what you have to post. But where one of you is a great start, ten of you, or fifty of you, would be more impressive. If you want to help this site reach its potential, then by all means, tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Anyways, since you sound serious about sticking around, allow me to introduce everybody, since there are barely a handful to introduce.

cdoublejj is our resident idiot. He's been here since he was 14 years old, and while he's shown a little improvement over the years, he's still mostly incomprehensible most of the time. He is, however, our most active poster, and he tries to post things that we might find interesting - unfortunately, as he sort of said above, usually the rest of the community fails to rise to the occasion.

Hellmark is a hick geek from Missouri whose shitty life makes mine look like Chariie Sheen's. He's usually too busy with work and study to post, but he lurks in the chat room all the time and if you catch him on a good day, he might have something to say.

Heisenb0rg is another one who favors the chat room over the forum. It's a struggle to get him to contribute to the forums but that's mostly for the same reasons you've stated - it's just a bunch of boring idiots talking about boring crap. If you had something interesting to say, I'd bet dollars to donuts he'd say something interesting back.

Sadly, the rest of the forum members are relics who vanished long ago, but their high postcounts have given them enough tenure so as not to be deleted by the auto purge bot. They'll probably sit there for years and never come back to the site.

There are a couple of other users who lurk in the chat room who aren't signed up on the forums, but they don't rate a mention yet. They're mainly only there to talk to cdoublejj about Street Rod 3, an open-source game they're making.

Fuck it, I've said enough. Good to get my hands on the keyboard again, I've been mouse-clicking for too long. I do hope you post again. Watch CJJ's video, it would really cheer him up. He tries so hard, poor kid. I might watch it myself soon too - I'm the one that promised I would, after all. =)

Welcome, Jackie. =)
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

User avatar
Jackie
Lonely Lamer
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Jackie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Oh. I didn't expect a reply so soon. Well, your failed advertising attempts were kind of shocking. We all spend money on something that later turned out to be a total waste, (windows 7, anybody?) but still... it would have been a better idea to advertise your site with other social media, like youtube, facebook, twitter, etc. It's ridiculously easy to gain attention on those sites, and it doesn't cost you a penny.

Advertisers are opposed to free speech indeed, that's no secret. Even Maddox made this quite clear in his blog. And he isn't the only one to report this problem:

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1875 ... tissue.png

It would appear that all websites that try to make some profit while refusing to conform to political correctness are left out in the cold. Talking about corruption, eh? Advertisers can legally discriminate as they please, apparently.


And how old is cdoublejj? I thought he would be banned by now, judging from some of the threads.

By the way, cdoublejj, bestiality isn't too shocking anymore. Slowly but certainly, the world is starting to accept this horrible perversion and similar sexual deviancies. There are millions of websites openly displaying and spreading the sickest forms of faggotry. It's one of the biggest issues in current times.

And I already watched The American dream during my inspection of SD. It's quite impressive. Superb presentation, and it does a great job of keeping your attention. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about economics. I don't even know what a private bank is.

Anyway, nice to hear you really do protect free speech, Venomous. It's so rare nowadays. You can't speak your mind anywhere online without fear of punishment anymore.


However, to be honest, there are more than a few things about social deviancy that put me off right from the beginning. If you're open for suggestions and improvements, I'll make a large post where I'll outline every issue I can spot, so you can improve whatever you like.

User avatar
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:17 am
Location: Cardboard box

Post by seajayjay » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:42 am

Suggest away I'm sure Ven is open to them. I'd also like to say a private bank is bank not owned by the government it basically and factually means a board of rich ass holes has massive influential grip on the economics.

Put simply some rich ass holes run it all.

You better have some god damn good criticism about windows 7 and don't bitch cause you shelled 300 bucks on the retail copy like an ar tard when you can access to several hundred for 150 bucks a year and get to keep it when you don't resubscribe for the next year.

That said i have had Win 7 running on ten year old hardware the Socket A or put, simply the first ever AMD athlon ever can run windows 7 very well.
Win 7 is lighter and faster than vista and even xp in some cases.

How ever i have a few quirks with 7 the networking doesn't always work the way we want and driver support for older hardware how ever thats not microsoft's or win 7s fault.

User avatar
Jackie
Lonely Lamer
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Jackie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Before suggesting what may be changed or improved, I need to know what the limits of social deviancy are. For example.

Would it be okay to explain how you can kill/assassinate people?

May we encourage others to kill or attack certain individuals?

How do you feel about suicide guides?

And how about shock pictures/videos?

Racism, 'hate speech', and offensive, sick, black humor?

Furthermore, while the credo of social deviancy may be free speech, I found something contradicting this policy. Here:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/637/ ... policy.png

''banned on sight''? Obviously this can't be true, otherwise it should have been part of the regulations. But I need to know for sure.


CJJ, I made a separate thread to address the shittiness of windows 7, which can be found right here:

http://forum.socialdeviancy.com/viewtop ... =6480#6480


BTW, I just noticed, there is an ad at the top of the page when you visit this site as a guest. If you're no longer making money from advertisements, how come it's there? Is the hosting company keeping ads on your website?

User avatar
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:17 am
Location: Cardboard box

Post by seajayjay » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:00 am

Soc dev needs a whole new layout, grant it i like the way it is now so how about a clean up ie getting rid of the ad boxes if don't need ads any more.
and i don't maybe update some of the graphics but, nothing major keep it simple like it is just maybe an updated style with the same colors?

I don't know just throwing some stuff out there. I'm not sure you get banned for saying all that stuff but, we can't promise you be on government watch lists if you do. And we can't promise you protection from anti racist racists, racists who are racists towards racists, lululululzzzz.

User avatar
Jackie
Lonely Lamer
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Jackie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Essentially I just want to know which of the above would be censored/removed.

I don't care if governments watch me or people disagree with my views. That stuff happens all the time. In fact, I've already been threatened quite a few times already with the FBI, police, federal organizations, viruses that would destroy my PC, death threats, battering threats, etc. I think I've seen it all. Though I haven't had rape threats yet.

At first it's kind of scary, but at a certain point it becomes boring. Offended internet sheep need to come with something new.

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi Jackie. Wow, what a lot to plow through. My fingers will get a workout tonight.
Jackie wrote:Oh. I didn't expect a reply so soon. Well, your failed advertising attempts were kind of shocking. We all spend money on something that later turned out to be a total waste, (windows 7, anybody?) but still... it would have been a better idea to advertise your site with other social media, like youtube, facebook, twitter, etc. It's ridiculously easy to gain attention on those sites, and it doesn't cost you a penny.
Do you think Facebook, YouTube, etc. will be any more open to my free speech policies than other advertising networks? And how do I advertise on them without paying them? I've looked into Facebook advertising, it's fuckin' expensive.
Jackie wrote:And how old is cdoublejj? I thought he would be banned by now, judging from some of the threads.
You're missing the point - nobody gets banned. Not even trolls, or retards, or the painfully ignorant. There's only one thing I delete and that's spam. And sometimes, not even that, I just strip the links and leave it on the site for people's amusement. For the record, I think CJJ is about 21 now. Am I right Chris?
Jackie wrote:By the way, cdoublejj, bestiality isn't too shocking anymore. Slowly but certainly, the world is starting to accept this horrible perversion and similar sexual deviancies. There are millions of websites openly displaying and spreading the sickest forms of faggotry. It's one of the biggest issues in current times.
Hey, I'd be lying if I said I'd never watched a chick get fucked by a dog. I even found it interesting, in a perverted kinda way.
Jackie wrote:And I already watched The American dream during my inspection of SD. It's quite impressive. Superb presentation, and it does a great job of keeping your attention. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about economics. I don't even know what a private bank is.
Okay, I'll watch it tonight. I'll make CJJ's day.
Jackie wrote:Anyway, nice to hear you really do protect free speech, Venomous. It's so rare nowadays. You can't speak your mind anywhere online without fear of punishment anymore.
Tell me about it. It's why I started this site, and why I keep it online despite all odds. There needs to be a haven for people like us.
Jackie wrote:However, to be honest, there are more than a few things about social deviancy that put me off right from the beginning. If you're open for suggestions and improvements, I'll make a large post where I'll outline every issue I can spot, so you can improve whatever you like.
I'm glad you decided to join the forums despite being put off by some things. If you'd never spoken up, I'd never know what the problems were!
Jackie wrote:Would it be okay to explain how you can kill/assassinate people?

May we encourage others to kill or attack certain individuals?

How do you feel about suicide guides?

And how about shock pictures/videos?

Racism, 'hate speech', and offensive, sick, black humor?
Let me put it this way. We're not a hate site. I wouldn't go out of my way to encourage hate speech or violence inciting advise. But I won't ban you for it.

That said, I'm not going to fight for your beliefs. I'm no crusader. I'm just a guy with a website looking for like-minded people to chat to. If my server provider, or The Man, threaten to shut down my site because of something you post, you can bet I'll erase it quicker than you can say "President. Bomb. Go!". And then I'll bend over, take down my pants and let them spank me until they feel I'm repentant enough to keep my site online. And if The Man says I have to ban you from the site, all my high-minded beliefs about free speech are going to fly right out the fucking window, believe me.

HOWEVER, that's an extreme case scenario. To the best of my personal efforts, beliefs, creeds, power and abilities, I will applaud your right to say whatever the fuck you please on this site.

Also FYI, there's no gray area when it comes to shock pictures or videos, or sick black seriously fucked-up humor. All that shit is more than welcome here and won't turn any heads.
Jackie wrote:Furthermore, while the credo of social deviancy may be free speech, I found something contradicting this policy. Here:

''banned on sight''? Obviously this can't be true, otherwise it should have been part of the regulations. But I need to know for sure.
No, that's just me "talking smack", as the blacks say. Nobody gets banned, ever. Once again, nobody gets banned, ever. One day I may break this rule. I'm not a man of intense convictions, and one day in the distant future, shit may change. But for now, come one and all.

But if some asshole comes into the Smoker's Lounge and starts shitting on me for promoting smoking, I will rip them a new one like they've never seen. I may even move the thread to Pointless Crap or even Blood and Fire if it turns into trolling and flaming. But I won't delete any posts or ban any posters.
Jackie wrote:BTW, I just noticed, there is an ad at the top of the page when you visit this site as a guest. If you're no longer making money from advertisements, how come it's there? Is the hosting company keeping ads on your website?
There is no hosting company. Or, to put it another way, I am the hosting company. I run a virtual private server in Dallas, TX, and I run multiple sites and other things off it. The only higher powers than me is the company that leases me the hardware, the state laws of Texas, US federal law, and the gods themselves.

To answer your question though, the ads that remain are my own ads, promoting other sites I run or other affiliate programs I can profit from. They're not from any external ad network, I put them there myself.

cdouble, eat my ass you little prick. I'm not changing my site for you. We don't need a whole new layout, or a cleanup, and what fucking graphics?? Besides the ad banner, the site has like one image on it, in the top-left corner, and it's an image of plain text. Fucking nub.

I'll fucking rape you Jackie. I'll fuck your ass till your blood and my cum run down your legs. There, now you've had a rape threat. =D

I think I'm done here...
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

User avatar
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:17 am
Location: Cardboard box

Post by seajayjay » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:02 pm

thats fine with me but, one REAL nitpick the cookies never work though it's not big deal i just palemoon auto log in for me. Oh and what about some kinds of mspaint knock off for the Graffiti Wall?

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:35 am

cdoublejj wrote:thats fine with me but, one REAL nitpick the cookies never work though it's not big deal i just palemoon auto log in for me. Oh and what about some kinds of mspaint knock off for the Graffiti Wall?
No. And which cookie are you talking about?
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

User avatar
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:17 am
Location: Cardboard box

Post by seajayjay » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:54 pm

The one that leaves you logged in all the time has never worked for me ever not matter the machine.

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:46 am

Works for me. Anybody else have this problem? If so, I'll look into it, if it's just cdouble, then too bad. =P
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

User avatar
Jackie
Lonely Lamer
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Jackie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Do you think Facebook, YouTube, etc. will be any more open to my free speech policies than other advertising networks? And how do I advertise on them without paying them? I've looked into Facebook advertising, it's fuckin' expensive.
No, they are aggressively opposed to free speech. But I wasn't talking about professional, paid advertising. There's advertising and there is advertising. If you're handy with social media, you can promote any website without spending a dime. No banners involved, just word of mouth, and maybe a video and your link with an attractive story.

Not that you really need ads. Just look at Maddox. He doesn't run any ads either, but he's very popular. If you have interesting stuff on your website, people will come to pay a visit no matter what. It's usually the greedy people who run ads, because they need to gain traffic for revenue. Other than their ads and traffic, they don't have anything going for their site.


Anyway, thanks for clearing everything up. I see what you mean now. All this talk about banning members is a prank. You're aware of the possible repercussion, right? It could mean that you're warding off new members this way. I know it sure made me doubtful about registration. If free speech is the strongest point of social deviancy, then you are probably being counter-productive with these jokes, ironically.

And just like you won't defend my free speech when things turn ugly, I won't try to push my luck either. I know what kind of stuff can get you in trouble, so I'll avoid it to the best of knowledge.
I'll fucking rape you Jackie. I'll fuck your ass till your blood and my cum run down your legs. There, now you've had a rape threat. =D
Hm, you're so effective in making it appear like you'll ban anyone who pisses you off, yet your threats are boring and wouldn't convince the most gullible child. What went wrong in your psychological development?


Cookies are working fine for me, by the way.

User avatar
Venomous
Site Admin
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Social Deviancy
Contact:

Post by Venomous » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Jackie wrote:No, they are aggressively opposed to free speech. But I wasn't talking about professional, paid advertising. There's advertising and there is advertising. If you're handy with social media, you can promote any website without spending a dime. No banners involved, just word of mouth, and maybe a video and your link with an attractive story.
I've been wanting to come by a good viral video for a long time now. Not sure exactly what to do with it though. Gotta be careful, the wrong content will put people off the site rather than attracting them to it. But yeah, you can bet that if I ever have a great video or a riveting story to tell, I'll slather it all over Facebook and YouTube and pray it goes viral and draws traffic to the site.
Jackie wrote:Not that you really need ads. Just look at Maddox. He doesn't run any ads either, but he's very popular. If you have interesting stuff on your website, people will come to pay a visit no matter what. It's usually the greedy people who run ads, because they need to gain traffic for revenue. Other than their ads and traffic, they don't have anything going for their site.
Well, I wouldn't call myself greedy, but it would be nice to turn a little revenue for all the effort I've put into the site. Still, that's vastly secondary to my main goal of providing a free speech haven to the web. And Maddox, that guy is hilarious. I'm just a mediocre mind with a need to swear once in a while. I could never stand next to him and expect that kind of attention.
Jackie wrote:Anyway, thanks for clearing everything up. I see what you mean now. All this talk about banning members is a prank. You're aware of the possible repercussion, right? It could mean that you're warding off new members this way. I know it sure made me doubtful about registration. If free speech is the strongest point of social deviancy, then you are probably being counter-productive with these jokes, ironically.
Okay, you win, no more jokes. When I have time I'll make a big red "NOBODY GETS BANNED" sign and plaster it all over the site. Happy? =)
Jackie wrote:And just like you won't defend my free speech when things turn ugly, I won't try to push my luck either. I know what kind of stuff can get you in trouble, so I'll avoid it to the best of knowledge.
Thanks, that's all I wanted to hear. It's a fine line between trying to talk your way out of a speeding ticket, and trying to grab a cop's gun, you know. So long as we don't blatantly go out of our way to deliberately break the rules, we should be left alone with our free speech.
Jackie wrote:Hm, you're so effective in making it appear like you'll ban anyone who pisses you off, yet your threats are boring and wouldn't convince the most gullible child. What went wrong in your psychological development?
Hey, I came up with that on the fly without giving it even a moment's though. Cut me some slack. I just felt sorry for you that you'd never had a rape threat and thought I'd throw one your way. Effective or not, it still counts and I stand by it. =)
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests