Your savior has arrived

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:40 am

If I ever get a rape threat I sure hopes it's by a hot chick.

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:30 pm

In your wildest dreams, CJJ. Only faggots threaten with rape.

Anyway, my guess is that you can't have a website with both free speech and financial profit. At least, I've never seen it. All advertisers have a strict politically correct policy from what I know. But maybe you can run a second site just for the money. I guess that might work.
Okay, you win, no more jokes. When I have time I'll make a big red "NOBODY GETS BANNED" sign and plaster it all over the site. Happy? =)
Wouldn't it be easier to modify the rules a bit? That's where it says that acting like a cockbite or pissing you off will result in a ban, after all. It just doesn't make sense in my mind. Maybe it's just me, and I'm the only one who gets ticked off by this stuff.

I certainly wouldn't stop joking. Laughing makes life better. But some things, like regulations, posting help and instructions, legal info, etc, should remain true and accurate. Just my two cents.

Other than that, harass and annoy members all you want.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Jackie wrote:In your wildest dreams, CJJ. Only faggots threaten with rape.
See? You just called the site owner a faggot, and did I ban you? No. =P
Jackie wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to modify the rules a bit? That's where it says that acting like a cockbite or pissing you off will result in a ban, after all. It just doesn't make sense in my mind. Maybe it's just me, and I'm the only one who gets ticked off by this stuff.

I certainly wouldn't stop joking. Laughing makes life better. But some things, like regulations, posting help and instructions, legal info, etc, should remain true and accurate. Just my two cents.
It actually says that in the RULES?! Shit, that's a more serious matter than I thought. I thought you were talking about some lame quip I made in the Smoker's Lounge about banning preaching smokers. I wrote those rules like ten years ago, I guess I've become more serious about freedom of speech since I started this site. I'll get onto that right now. Apologies for not clicking sooner what you meant.
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:59 pm

There, I modified the rules post a little bit to include more emphasis on only deleting the accounts of law-breakers and not those who just get under my skin. Hope this clears up some of the ambiguity you were concerned about Jackie.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Oh boy, this forum really has been dead if you don't even know much about your own rules...

If you want a slogan for social deviancy, you could use something like 'Necroforum rises from the dead'. And to complement the forum's slogan, you can use ranks like corpse, zombie, live human, etc. It wouldn't be inappropriate.

But yes, this is much better. Come to think of it, I actually found this site because of your promotional story, but I rejected it initially because the rules make it clear that social deviancy does not support free speech.

A good thing I gave it a second chance, huh?

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon May 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Jackie wrote:Oh boy, this forum really has been dead if you don't even know much about your own rules...
I wrote that rules post over 6 years ago when I first re-opened the site and started the forum, and I haven't looked at it since. Do you remember every forum post you made over half a decade ago? =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Mon May 09, 2011 6:18 pm

No, but I would know the site policy. I'm not blaming you though, after all nothing exciting ever happened around here, right?

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat May 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Jackie wrote:No, but I would know the site policy. I'm not blaming you though, after all nothing exciting ever happened around here, right?
Not really, no. The site is a reflection of my life, which is remarkably dull at best. Hence the lack of front page articles in recent years. It's easy to reply to forum posts and keep up a basic conversation in the chat room, but when it comes to posting something witty and engaging about my own life experiences, I tend to come up short lately. Oh well. =/
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Sun May 22, 2011 12:47 pm

I'll start posting some articles soon, and if you think it's good enough, you can put it on the front page.

I take it you deliberately allow only moderators to post in the article section to prevent the front page from being spammed with crap, right?

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun May 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Jackie wrote:I'll start posting some articles soon, and if you think it's good enough, you can put it on the front page.

I take it you deliberately allow only moderators to post in the article section to prevent the front page from being spammed with crap, right?
That's correct. Post an article here in Pointless Crap, and if I deem it good enough, I'll move it into Articles and post it up on the front page. After the first couple, when I can see I trust you, I'll give you moderator access to the Articles forum and you can post whenever you like. Each article need to follow my format though - it needs a thumbnail that links to a graphic in the top left corner, but I'll tell you more about that when you submit your first post. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:44 am

Still with us Jackie? Or have you come to your senses and given this ol' site the flick once and for all? =(
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Were you afraid I'd leave? Don't worry, I'm planning to stay. The alternatives are awful. Well, there is one site I like better than SD, except for one thing: too many trolls and spammers. Also it has one the most annoying and retarded members I've ever seen. CJJ is an angel compared to him.

I was pretty sick last week, otherwise I might have been able to post my first article already.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:44 am

Ahh good, you're still here. Yes, I was afraid you'd left. Most people do. As you've seen, pretty much the only active members left here are you, me, and CJJ... it's a sorry state of affairs.

Glad you're back though, looking forward to reading your first article!
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Still waiting on that article... you were sick, then you went on vacation... any chance you're posting soon? Not to rush you, the site hasn't done much of consequence in six years, but yeah... whenever you get the chance, would be cool to get things perked up a little... =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Jackie
Lonely Lamer

Post by Jackie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Definitely. This week I'll give it one more time to align text and pictures the way I want, but I'll post it no matter what. If I can't get it to work, we'll just have to do with a simplified and less professional setup.

And maybe if we're lucky, some guy with technical web experience might join one day to help us out.