Experiments and Stupid Stuff

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Experiments and Stupid Stuff

Post by seajayjay » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:26 pm

You should laugh on this one i know Ven did.

The Star Craft Project
Back in the 90's when i was about 10 years old I decided that I could combine 2 games by cutting the CDs in half with a hack saw, the poor CDs to under go such a ground breaking procedure were my Star Craft CD and my Sonic Sega CD. After cutting 2 uneven pieces and taping them together i put the limp pile of crap in to my Sega CD to realize A. it's unlogical B. the CD halves would need to be even and glued together.

The Sega Project
Back in 6th grade i remember the whole CD player thing was all the buzz but i was and always too poor to get nice things so i brought my huge clunky Sega CD (as it doubles as a CD player hence the battery compartment) only to be laughed at, so when i got home i thought taking it apart and colorizing it with spray paint might be a good idea so thats what i did, but thing was i used some nice and thick Rust-Oleum spray paint, it was blue when i painted it. i decided i didn't like and went over that coat of paint with some name brand cater pillar bulldozer spray paint which is nice and thick as well. after putting it back together i couldn't get CD reading assembly to set in the right position so when the CD was put in it would bottom out so i took it to the a used games shop that repaired consoles. they got a kick out of my failed experiment and told me to throw it away and sell the games and that was the end of that.

TSJ
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by TSJ » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:18 pm

cjj:

a) what kinda sega console in/from the 90's used a cd as the game media?

b) you DO know by now that you will gain nothing by breaking two cd's and gluing them together again right? apparently there never were much
doubt about your fate I guess.... ;)
0 what 1 and what 0

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:49 pm

A) A Sega genesis it used Cds and Carts.

B) i was like 9 or ten and the point is that it's supposed to be funny.

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:16 pm

cdoublejj wrote:A)
i was like 9 or ten and the point is that it's supposed to be funny.
I know 5 year olds that have more fucking sense than you did at nine.
Confidence comes in a brown bottle.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:55 am

Yeah, when I was five years old, I was programming my own little text adventure games in good old BASIC. And I don't mean shitty Choose Your Own Adventure style, choose A or B games, I mean proper RPGs with character stats and combat and shit.

When I was ten, I could already pull apart an IBM PC and troubleshoot it. I certainly wasn't chopping floppy disks in half and gluing them to Apple ][e floppies to see if they'd still work! =P
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:19 pm

you comparing me to your self at ten yrs is like racing a bicycle against a Ferrari.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:58 pm

cdoublejj wrote:you comparing me to your self at ten yrs is like racing a bicycle against a Ferrari.
Hahah yeah, good call... and it's so true. =)
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy