Exchange

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Exchange

Post by seajayjay » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:45 am

Mabey this can be a sticky i want to start an exchange thread. Exchange of items.

current i say this because i'm looking for a pci harddrive controller so i can add a fifth ide drive to a comp. i have. and i know there not in production any more and about as hard to find as a voodoo2 and i don't really care for ebay.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:22 pm

If anybody besides you seems to actually value this idea, maybe I'll sticky the thread. At least you spelled "Exchange" correctly...

I have a PCI IDE controller card here somewhere. What are you going to exchange me for it?
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:13 pm

Venomous wrote:I have a PCI IDE controller card here somewhere. What are you going to exchange me for it?
His virginity

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:42 am

uh money! but i guess your currency is different so you'd have to go to the bank and exchange it, or i need to make a bank account and pay-pal you.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:22 am

MP81 wrote:His virginity
Thanks, pass. =P
cdoublejj wrote:uh money! but i guess your currency is different so you'd have to go to the bank and exchange it, or i need to make a bank account and pay-pal you.
You're one strange fuckin' kid...

I don't deal with cash, too much hassle. If you use PayPal, I'll think about it.

You do realize that "exchanging" something for money, is called "selling", right?
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:30 pm

I have a mint condition original 1992 "Sid Meier's Rail Road Tycoon" just opened it the other day it was all raped up in the plastic and every thing to test the floppy, all files are there. The box is a little warped still looks great for something that old. It also has all the booklets and promotional offers etc.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:41 pm

Holy shit. Now you have me interested. I wouldn't say I've exactly been dying to get a hold of that game, but it is the kind of thing I collect, especially if it's in the original box and in good condition.

I have to ask - if it's the original 1992 release, why was it still in its originally sealed packaging until just the other day?

Also I hope the person who "raped" it cleaned up after themselves when they were done... I don't want no game covered in splooge... =P

So, you're thinking maybe we exchange the IDE card for the game, hey?
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:47 pm

By "raped" I mean it was heat sealed in plastic by the machine in the factory (Never Opened). Here's how I got it my dad and I were over at one of my dad’s friend's house I asked about what was under the tarp... in a box under a tractor under some crap was the rail road tycoon it had some moister damage I mentioned that it was sad that the thing was going to waste away So my dad’s friend said I could have it.

When I took it home it was actually some dirt on the plastic and little on the box so I cleaned the plastic then figured wth took off the plastic and wiped the shit off the box. The box is pretty clean except on small water stain on the side its about 3/16th inch dia. And some little spec stains on another side there about 1/16th inch other than that it looks pretty damn good the box is a little warped.

The front sinks down a little like something was sitting on top of the box nothing major is certainly doesn’t look smashed there are absolutely no creases of any kind on it. Every thing in the box it as white as untouched as the day they were packaged. Now it wasn’t until the other day that I tested the floppy disk because it wasn’t till recently that I had any working floppies.

The box looks something like this but its this image shrunk down onto a grey marble back ground
With a purple bar running down diagonally saying Micropose classics I guess that is because it came in out 1990 and this box and the floppy both say 1992 maybe not a first but its original stuff. And like I said all original stuff inside book printed License agreement mail in warranty forum and the book that goes with the game.

lol nice rape joke : D obviously i meant wrapped

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:34 am

cdoublejj wrote:The box looks something like this but its this image shrunk down onto a grey marble back ground
With a purple bar running down diagonally saying Micropose classics I guess that is because it came in out 1990 and this box and the floppy both say 1992 maybe not a first but its original stuff.
Ahh, so it's not the original release then... it's a Microprose Classics re-release edition.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:04 am

Yeah doesn't surprise me, still pretty damn cool i have no need for it nor care for it. i also i have Ms visual studio LEGAL got it from Ms for free but i don't know if i want to part with that yet but i might for a price i also have 2 4 gig Hds with Win 98 I'v also got some sega CDs i need to get rid of never have time to play them commander keen demo floppy with box and other crap I also have a cryx cpu and some slot 1 PIIs and bits and pieces to a ibm think pad monitor and stuff

What i'm looking for

either net hub with power adapter

ide controller PCI

Pc 100 ram

average PCI graphics card

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:09 am

I have all that junk, except a spare ethernet hub.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:18 pm

Yeah i need to look at what all i need to get rid of or don't need. Better yet what all are you interested in?

TSJ
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by TSJ » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:57 pm

cdoublejj wrote:....

What i'm looking for

either net hub with power adapter

ide controller PCI

Pc 100 ram

average PCI graphics card
why would you want to get a hub? a switch is better, and futhermore,
a 10/100 switch is super easy to get very cheap at for example an electronics auction or even the local flea marked.

I have about 8 10/100 ethernet switches currently. Its not that I want to part with them, but I'm telling you this to underline my point.

One of them didn't cost me more than about half a euro (5 DKr).

Btw the same goes for 2-8 GB ATA1xx harddrives, PC1xx SD mem modules, standard PCI graphic cards and 10/100 PCI ethernet cards.

My advice? Go look for a an auction that sells electronics.
0 what 1 and what 0

seajayjay
Chronic Spammer

Post by seajayjay » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:32 am

will the switch do the same thing as hub split the inter net connection and allow lan plat etc. i can buy old cpus and HDs at our comp. store but nothing else.

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:38 am

You should be able to understand this: http://www.networkclue.com/hardware/net ... -hubs.aspx