STARCRAFT 2!!!

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Venomous
Site Admin

STARCRAFT 2!!!

Post by Venomous » Sun May 20, 2007 5:19 am

Mike and Kyle in particular, read this now if you haven't already:-

http://www.starcraft2.com/

Yesterday, Blizzard announced undergoing development of StarCraft 2, the long awaited sequel to one of the gaming world's most popular RTS games, released almost ten years ago.

I am going to start saving now and buy like 20 copies... =P
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:32 pm

OH MY GOD!

HIGH-FIVE

I just made a romance-explosion.

I MUST HAVE IT!

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Mon May 21, 2007 6:59 pm

MP81 wrote:OH MY GOD!
we did not need to know that.
Confidence comes in a brown bottle.

StoneColdDano
Lonely Lamer

Post by StoneColdDano » Mon May 21, 2007 9:30 pm

MP81 wrote: I just made a romance-explosion.

That good, huh?
Kiss my ass...

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:40 pm

Absolutely.

TSJ
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by TSJ » Mon May 21, 2007 11:08 pm

Hero of the Day wrote:
That explains slick labias coating in white substance in the latest picture he sent me ;)
0 what 1 and what 0

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Tue May 22, 2007 2:04 am

TSJ wrote:
Hero of the Day wrote:
That explains slick labias coating in white substance in the latest picture he sent me ;)
Slick Labia - MP81, Romance?

I thought he was into CJJ.

But onto the original topic of this thread. Seeing Blizzard and Vivendi finally (after 10 years) decide to make a follow-up to a multi game of the year winner is breath-taking. I'm shocked. But, I am a little worried that it appears to just be an upgrade to the graphics, 3D-like characters, ability to make more than 200 units, and an upgraded online mode.

Tell me that I am crazy, please! But, for me, this doesn't create a romance explosion in the pants. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see a new game and I can't wait to play, but it doesn't seem like it is breaking any new barrier. Ala Paperboy 2 compared to Paperboy 1.

I just hope that Blizzard/Vivendi maintain a free online play, otherwise I will not be buying a single copy.

-Supernovae
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Tue May 22, 2007 4:14 am

MP81 wrote:HIGH-FIVE

There is NO WAY I'm high-fiving you until you wash your hands. =)
Supernovae wrote:But onto the original topic of this thread. Seeing Blizzard and Vivendi finally (after 10 years) decide to make a follow-up to a multi game of the year winner is breath-taking. I'm shocked. But, I am a little worried that it appears to just be an upgrade to the graphics, 3D-like characters, ability to make more than 200 units, and an upgraded online mode.
Once again, you and I seem to have polar contrasting opinions when it comes to games. That which makes you "a little worried", is the very thing I'm most elated about - the fact that for once, somebody is making a sequel without utterly bastardizing the franchise in the process. As a gamer, there is nothing I find more utterly fucking abhorrent than when a developer releases a sequel to an award-winning, critically acclaimed, worldwide popular game, and makes it a console only game, or turns it from an RTS into a shooter, or otherwise totally fucks with what made the original game so great in the first place.

Yes, I am making reference to, among MANY other things, the crime against nature that almost became StarCraft: Ghost, which IMHO, would have been purely a bastardization of the StarCraft franchise, and a cheap and low way to capitalize on the world famous StarCraft name to sell yet another otherwise unremarkable console shooter to Generation Z. Ditto for the foul Fallout spinoff, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, which has pissed off many true Fallout fans and given them serious cause to worry about the fate of Fallout 3. But I'll save that rant for the relevant thread here.

Back on track though, my point is, the very best thing about StarCraft 2 is how similar it is to StarCraft 1 - it looks like it is going to be a true, genuine sequel, in all ways, from the proper RTS gameplay, to the continuation of the canon storyline, to the look and feel of the buildings and units. It's StarCraft - but shinier! And I couldn't be happier.
Supernovae wrote:Tell me that I am crazy, please! But, for me, this doesn't create a romance explosion in the pants. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see a new game and I can't wait to play, but it doesn't seem like it is breaking any new barrier. Ala Paperboy 2 compared to Paperboy 1.
My pleasure to oblige - you're crazy! =) Sequels shouldn't have to break new barriers - that's what new games are for. Sequels should honor the aspects that made the original game famous enough to merit a sequel in the first place. Thy shalt honor thy mother and thy father, etc. =P
Supernovae wrote:I just hope that Blizzard/Vivendi maintain a free online play, otherwise I will not be buying a single copy.
I will say with a fair degree of certainty that this is one thing you will not have to worry about. StarCraft 2 will run on Battle.net just like all of Blizzard's other classic games, and they're not going to suddenly make Battle.net a paid subscription service upon release of StarCraft 2. Blizzard are already whoring their millions of dollars a day from World of Warcraft, I wouldn't worry about them ever charging for multiplayer matches of StarCraft 2.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

TSJ
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by TSJ » Tue May 22, 2007 7:55 pm

Supernovae wrote:
TSJ wrote:
Hero of the Day wrote:
Slick Labia - MP81, Romance?

-Supernovae
Well you know... anything young, tight, fresh, juicy and with a pulse.
0 what 1 and what 0

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed May 23, 2007 3:01 am

TSJ wrote:Well you know... anything young, tight, fresh, juicy and with a pulse.
TSJ, while I truly admire your now well-proven grasp of the phpBB quoting system, you really don't need to quote the entire thread just to make a quick one line response... =P
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Wed May 23, 2007 5:41 pm

Venomous wrote:
MP81 wrote:HIGH-FIVE

There is NO WAY I'm high-fiving you until you wash your hands. =)
hmm he mentions it after the HIGH FIVE, so maybe high-fiving Ven caused the romance explosion?
Confidence comes in a brown bottle.

MP81
Chronic Spammer

Post by MP81 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:22 pm

No, it was definately because of Starcraft 2.

I are <3 it.

TSJ
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by TSJ » Wed May 23, 2007 9:14 pm

Venomous wrote: TSJ, while I truly admire your now well-proven grasp of the phpBB quoting system, you really don't need to quote the entire thread just to make a quick one line response... =P
ROFL... Okay then.
MP81 wrote: OH MY GOD!

HIGH-FIVE

I MUST HAVE IT!
Have... "it"? ;)
0 what 1 and what 0

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Sun May 27, 2007 4:18 pm

I wouldn't be surprised with Blizzard's history to see them add in another race class.

For those who have played it as much as me - or those who cheated and found the secret level, the story line discussed a hybrid between Zerg and Protoss. I can picture a hybrid between Protoss and Zerg, that would be cool. It certainly would increase the fire power of the Terran.
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Mon May 28, 2007 2:56 am

I too am hoping to see more of the storyline branch revealed in the Easter Egg level of the original game, to be revealed in the sequel. Though I do not think there is going to be a whole fourth race released in StarCraft 2, but I hope to at least see the inclusion of a couple of unique units that are related to that storyline.
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy