Question for everyone

Completely off-topic conversational diarrhea that the rest of the internet won't let you post anywhere because it's so pointless and irrelevant to anything important.
Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Question for everyone

Post by Supernovae » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:56 am

I went to Vermont over the weekend to visit my buddy and his family (Wife and four kids). This trip also was to witness the baptism of his two youngest children.

Now my buddy is a part-time father because he feels that it is his wife's job to watch over the kids. During my visit I helped out his wife with the two youngest because I wanted to help her out. I felt that there was only SO much that I, as a friend, was willing to do in terms of taking care of his children. I was willing to do everything except change them. But I felt that it was necessary to make my buddy change his own children's diapers.

My question is: How far should a friend go in helping a part-time father watch his children and perform the fatherly duties?
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 am

Personally, I say, they shouldn't at all.

Me, I'd smack that dude upside the head and say "Look dipshit, it was your cock that begat these brats, so either learn how to use a rubber, or start parenting your damn kids, you irresponsible shit!".

It's not your job to raise other people's kids. If you want to be a good friend, don't do it for them - make them do it themselves! It's the old give a man a fish, teach a man to fish philosophy.

Those kids are going to grow up to be fucked up, otherwise.
- Venomous -

The internet is a tool, and so are most of the people who use it...

Social Deviancy

Supernovae
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Supernovae » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:04 am

After the twins she had herself "tied"..
A deviant mind at rest has no function here.

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:09 am

Sounds to me like the missus is the one with all the responsibilty, and your buddy is just a jerk that refused to wear rubbers but doesn't believe in raising his own children. What a dick. =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy

Mythic
Lonely Lamer

Post by Mythic » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:19 am

Any offer of help that you give is just out of kindness on your own part, not obligation. You should not have been expected to change the diapers.
Always Dancing in the Shadows.

Hero of the Day
Desperately Bored Loser

Post by Hero of the Day » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:17 am

agree with karl...the dipshit needs to learn to take care of his own damn kids
It was nice of you as a friend to help out, but that doesnt mean you should have to do all of the shit he should be doing
Confidence comes in a brown bottle.

Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:24 am

I don’t think it is right for someone to expect or even ask someone else to change their kid. Also depending on how close you are to the people who have kids, I wouldn’t even offer. There is only so much I will do to help out a friend and changing diapers is not even on the list.

In my opinion, unless your family, you don’t get that close to someone else’s kid.

StoneColdDano
Lonely Lamer

Post by StoneColdDano » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:23 pm

I would never expect, nor ask a freind to do anything but give my kid's their juice...which by the way...I or my wife have already poured for them. There is NO SUCH THING as a part-time father. You're either a full timer, or not one at all. Children are not bargaining tools, nor are they something you can put aside when you feel it's your time....here's my best advice to soon-to-be or "part-time" parents....

If yer not ready or feel unable to commit 120% of yerself to that child....please refrain from reproducing......yer only adding to the bodycount of degenerate snot nosed punks who don't know how to say "please" or "thank you" and break shit just to get attention or because they don't know any better. They're the little asses that plant computer viruses...steal...come up behind you when yer having a good time and smash a beer bottle on the back of yer head because they're jealous that you lead a successful life with a beautiful wife, while they are sitting in the corner stroking themselves off wishing to be a fraction of what you are.
Kiss my ass...

Venomous
Site Admin

Post by Venomous » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:09 am

StoneColdDano wrote:They're the little asses that plant computer viruses...steal...come up behind you when yer having a good time and smash a beer bottle on the back of yer head because they're jealous that you lead a successful life with a beautiful wife, while they are sitting in the corner stroking themselves off wishing to be a fraction of what you are.
Yeah look man, sorry again about the beer bottle thing... I was just a bit drunk, and well, your wife is kinda hot... can we just put it behind us and pretend it never happened? =)
- Venomous -

Social Deviancy